ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Psychology Preparation Group for 2017 - 2018

1234568»

Comments

• What psychological techniques can be used to enhance cleanliness in public places? How to answer these type of questions?
    Apply all attitude change techniques to the problem given. it can be fostering cleanliness, population control, or any other pollution, smoking etc.

Apply Priming (placing advertisements everywhere where people can see it everyday, keep repeating it everyday) , invoking fear (like mukesh wala ad of cigarette), lead by example (observation learning and reciprocity), apply foot-in-the door technique, aversive(punishment by fines those who don't follow it) conditioning along with positive reinforcement for good behavior, you can apply other social influence techniques also.
  • What psychological techniques can be used to enhance cleanliness in public places? How to answer these type of questions?
    Apply all attitude change techniques to the problem given. it can be fostering cleanliness, population control, or any other pollution, smoking etc.

Apply Priming (placing advertisements everywhere where people can see it everyday, keep repeating it everyday) , invoking fear (like mukesh wala ad of cigarette), lead by example (observation learning and reciprocity), apply foot-in-the door technique, aversive(punishment by fines those who don't follow it) conditioning along with positive reinforcement for good behavior, you can apply other social influence techniques also.
    Add:
    Community mobilization - through cleanliness drives, panchayats etc (give examples) -> using community forces to control unclean behaviour
    Recognition / publicity: eg: Nirmal gram puraskar (Psy: positive reinforcement)
    Fines for littering: (negetive reinforcement)

Conclude: these psychological measures should be supplemented by infrastructure / services like availability of dustbin/regular sanitation work etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

Mains 2014: With psychology
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Question for everyone, what's the toughest topic of the course according to you?
    यतो धर्मस्ततो जयः
  • anybody has aron aron statistics in psychology in pdf ?
    Kindly upload

Thanks
  • Dig up in this thread and you'll get it.
    यतो धर्मस्ततो जयः
  • has anybody taken coaching from arun kumar sir? i am joining the batch which is going to start from next week.
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • do anyone have pathak sir's this yr test seriws qn paper ?
    plz upload
    Success is only achievable when one is dedicated and determined. Without hard work, talent is totally wasted.
  • How is beautiful mind for coaching ?
  • Hello my seniors, hope you all are doing well. I went through suggestion, advice and strategy I have come to a conclusion that Mukul Pathak notes are necessary if not indispensable. So to buy them, I went to Mukherjee Nagar and ORN but in bookshop got really confused on their freshness. Shopkeeper in ORN frankly said that notes are old, I left them and on next day I visited MN and here I found "latest printed notes" as claimed by shopkeeper for 1350 (attaching image). Now my beloved mates, kindly guide me

1) Which notes are latest, how to confirm it?
    2) Should I buy class notes and printed both or any one of it will do?
    3) Right now I am done with NCERT, BARON and Smarak Swain. How to move forward now?

P.S- I am on mobile so pardon my grammatical errors.
    To mods- I am pasting it on different threads of psychology to get an early response, kindly bear with me.
  • here is image of latest printed notes ( as claimed by shopkeeper in MN)
    IMG_20151217_163013.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 687K
  • All the best guys!
    यतो धर्मस्ततो जयः
  • All the best everyone
  • Pls upload the paper, thanks!
    यतो धर्मस्ततो जयः
  • which institute's material is good for psychology.......
  • please share old ncerts for psychology
  • Can somebody guide me for psychology coaching . And if it is at all required and which one is best.
  • @zealous If you don't have a psychology background, coaching is advisable. Join Mukul Pathak sir's classes at Vajiram and Ravi.
  • Thanks @Ignited_minds ,how is beautiful mind, and any other coaching. Because I have time for coaching from this sep to Dec
  • @zealous Pathak sir's experience and pedagogical skills can't be compared with other teachers in this field. The man at Beautiful mind has command over subject matter but lacks in pedagogy and communication (based on my test series experience with him) . Go and join mukul pathak's crowd without thinking twice if u are taking psychology. And please read standard textbooks like Baron (5th Ed) and ciccarelli along with classes to get a clearer and coherent picture of what is being taught.
  • i guess admissions are closed now, for pathak sir's december batch
    today morning the online registrations started for vajiram admission
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • I m new to subject and have read ncert only....with time left I dnt think I can go through mukul sr's notes comprehensively. ..its my 1st attempt. ...mere bade bhaiyon koi rasta sujhao..
  • edited September 2016
    Take 2 books
    Paper-1 baron
    Paper2 smarak swain
    Do the best you can in the time u have,let me tell you its difficult but still you can get to a decent score if you understand basic concepts,remember relevant examples and finally write well.Its very much possible.
    All the best.
    Needless to say,revise ncerts along with.
  • avidr said:

Take 2 books
    Paper-1 baron
    Paper2 smarak swain
    Do the best you can in the time u have,let me tell you its difficult but still you can get to a decent score if you understand basic concepts,remember relevant examples and finally write well.Its very much possible.
    All the best.

Dhanyavaad sr..any specific guidance available for answer writing on internet for psychology ??
  • avidr said:

Take 2 books
    Paper-1 baron
    Paper2 smarak swain
    All the best.

Dhanyavaad sr..any specific guidance available for answer writing on internet for psychology ??
    Nh bhai,bss ye pdh lo aur at least 4-5 previous yr paper try kr Lena.baaki good luck !!
  • :)
    avidr said:

avidr said:

Take 2 books
    Paper-1 baron
    Paper2 smarak swain
    All the best.

Nh bhai,bss ye pdh lo aur at least 4-5 previous yr paper try kr Lena.baaki good luck !!
    Same to u sr
  • Thanks bro..
  • Hello aspirants, needed a help regarding which to opt regarding Mukul Pathak sir's
    1. classroom notes.
    2. Printed material.

for better understanding of my situation i had gone through these materials already once or more.Below is a list that i have settled, your improvisations would be really helpful, if possible:

1. NCERT class XI & XII Psychology
    2. Topics mentioned in syllabus searched on internet if not found(Wikipedia and others).
    3. Paul Bloom Series from you tube (i also have secured the lecture notes after some research on internet)+ crash course psychology by Hank Green (40 part series) + UGC lectures.
    4. Peter Gray textbook 7 edition
    5. Numerons (http://numerons.blogspot.in/)* used sparingly
    6. Previous years papers (hoping to move from 2016 to backwards year wise) .

Please provide your views, thank you in advance.
  • Hi friends. I am looking for change of optional from geography to psychology. Any suggestions and tips for guidence. Seniors pls tell me how the subject is. Till date I have gone through the syllabus. And few next notes. It's very much interesting
    Quote ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog