ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MITRA'S IAS - "ADMISSION OPEN" - NEW BATCH BEGINNING WITH WESTERN PHILOSOPHY STARTING FROM 16th NOVEMBER 11.AM (LIMITED SEATS)
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
Website:- www.mitrasias.com;  Address: MITRAS IAS , 39 PUSA ROAD, SAMAYAK TOWER OPPOSITE METRO PILLAR NO.- 120

Psychology Preparation Group for 2017 - 2018

Comments

• edited March 2015
    is there anybody here who has joined the ongoing test series of Arun kumar sir?
    can anybody please help with the topic 'intelligence and aptitude'? apart from ciccarelli, i am not able to find any good source on this topic. would pathak sir's printed notes suffice for this topic?
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • @SLSL
    No buddy.even i was looking for the same but turns out, its not available in pdf
    Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs. The cost of blood.
  • is there anybody here who has joined the ongoing test series of Arun kumar sir?
    can anybody please help with the topic 'intelligence and aptitude'? apart from ciccarelli, i am not able to find any good source on this topic. would pathak sir's printed notes suffice for this topic?
    It hink you need to refer any cognitive psychology book for 'Intelligence and Aptitude". One source is Sternberg - Cognitive psychology http://books.google.co.in/books?id=la6mSK9vyIgC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

There may be a torrent for this book too https://torrentz.in/search?q=sternberg+cognitive+psychology

------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

Mains 2014: With psychology
  • any one frm pathak sir batch msg me ur no need some help thanks
  • hey guys? how i the preparation going? Please share your strategy for paper-II.
    Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs. The cost of blood.
  • @kattanchaya
    http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=F5BA327D774E4B65EA47B1A833DD70A8

Is this link working? not able to download. Please provide an alternate if any for congnitive Psychology by Robert J. Sternberg and Karin Sternberg.
  • @ghostprotocol
    Could you please provide me "IGNOU MA Psychology material"?
  • Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs. The cost of blood.
  • Please help
    Need e books of
    1.Psychology by A. Baron 5 th edition
    2.Tests , measurements and tests measurements and research methods in behavioural sciences A.K. Singh.
    Anyone??
    @Kartikey_31
    I can provide the link to barron. Follow the following link. Barron,5th edition. In .mobi, .epub and .pdf.
    http://uttamonline.com/notes/psychology/Barron's AP Psychology, 5th Ed.PlentyofeBooks.net/Barron's AP Psychology, 5th Ed.PlentyofeBooks.net/
    Ceccarelli is also available on this site.
    Failure is an event, not a person.
  • please share theories of personality ebook
  • Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs. The cost of blood.
  • Here is my psychology notes. Interested ppl can check out.

http://dodudiffers.blogspot.in/2015/04/psychology-notes-for-civils-preparation.html
    Indian Forest Service 2014, AIR 34
  • Guys can you please tell me any good books available for psychology for hindi medium aspirants. Learning the subject is my prime objective with taking it as an optional for upsc side by side.
    Thanks
  • Hi.. Can anyone give a review of Beautiful Mind IAS test series?
    The doom of a nation can be averted only by a storm of flowing passion, but only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others. - A. H.
  • Better than vajiram
  • Hi.. Can anyone give a review of Beautiful Mind IAS test series?
    it is very good....arun kumar works hard and tries to correct the mistakes of each individual
  • I will differ ... I didnt find the test series up to the mark ... But that's just my personal opinion ... Others might have found it better ...
  • I will differ ... I didnt find the test series up to the mark ... But that's just my personal opinion ... Others might have found it better ...
    you are selected guy...so plz elaborate a bit more i.e. why didnt you find test series upto the mark?.. its important because nowadays also there are teachers or their protege active here n commenting in favour..e.g. just see the langyage of comment above yours.

• I 2nd what @machiavelli has said.
    Just do it. It is the 1st & last opportunity!
    Can you please elaborate your preparation strategy for psychology ?

• I did not get selected this time. I took beautiful mind test series in 2014.

I agree with @taker. If you want an honest opinion on your psycho answer and to complete revision of syllabus, his tests are far better.

Anyways its up to u to judge.
    "Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

• I did not get selected this time. I took beautiful mind test series in 2014.

I agree with @taker. If you want an honest opinion on your psycho answer and to complete revision of syllabus, his tests are far better.

How was performance of psychology this year in your view?
  • I can comment only after seeing the marks... I did give interview. So I could've underperformed in any area I.e. GS interview essay... I will update as soon as I get marks details.

I know rank 111, 252, 284 and 355 personally. Many from test series also got interview call. Judging only by this I think performance of people in psychology mut be good.
    I did not get selected this time. I took beautiful mind test series in 2014.

• The questions asked in test series were too direct while upsc questions require a bit of thought ... Another being discussions for the test in my opinion were not so good because nothing extraordinary was told ... Also I am not qualified enough to question competence of teacher ... But I might add that I think the interconnections needed in psychology answers were avoided
  • But yes ... Medha roopam who got 240 in psychology last year was in same test series ... Though I don't know whether she liked test series or not ... I guess some credit does go to the teacher too... Also some guys seem to really like him ... So decision must be taken accordingly
    Can you please elaborate your preparation strategy for psychology ?

Let marks come ... If I haven't scored well in psychology I won't be the right person to share a strategy .... But yes if marks are good ... I will share all my material and sources

• I can comment only after seeing the marks... I did give interview. So I could've underperformed in any area I.e. GS interview essay... I will update as soon as I get marks details.

I know rank 111, 252, 284 and 355 personally. Many from test series also got interview call. Judging only by this I think performance of people in psychology mut be good.

don't think so....i guess only 2 in top 100 and none in top 50.....psychology hasn't been a success mantra this year
  • edited July 2015
    I can comment only after seeing the marks... I did give interview. So I could've underperformed in any area I.e. GS interview essay... I will update as soon as I get marks details.

don't think so....i guess only 2 in top 100 and none in top 50.....psychology hasn't been a success mantra this year
    @taker we can not be sure that psy has not performed well until we get marks... We may have lost due to poor marks in gs and interview also... Overall many with psy got interview call... That,s all I meant... Let's wait for the marks to be published...

• The problem I'm facing is that there are no test series for psychology in my area (Mumbai).. Also Arun Sir's class is the only one I found which is starting a series in the month of September.
    If you guys know any other coaching class options for the same.. please suggest!
    The doom of a nation can be averted only by a storm of flowing passion, but only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others. - A. H.
  • If you are preparing for this years mains I would suggest go for self study .... If next year then you have lots of time to join any coaching of your choice .. Best of luck
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog