Ranklist & Marks ! Offline Test Takers of ForumIAS Simulator Test 0
Click here to view score and results
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

RBI grade B phase-2 preparation group

edited August 2014 in Banking
With phase 2 starting on 13th September , we can pool resources here.
2 attempts : 2 mains out

Comments

• 13 th Sept ??...R u serious ,This is gonna kill me!!!!
    Take Risks:
    If you win, you will be happy.
    If you lose, you will be wise.
  • @abdelhi : Check RBI website and RBI preparation can be done within a week so it is good that they are conducting so early before CSM.
  • Hi Guys, Anybody got the call letter?
  • call letter would be out around 2 weeks before the exam..so last week of august or 1st week of september
    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE AS IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE
  • can someone suggest a good blog/website that explains basics of finance in layman terms? Please....
  • Try Investopedia.
  • Is there any word limit for the answers? Its not been mentioned in any of the ESI or F&M Q-paper. But in the english Q-paper they have mentioned a word limit of 500 words for 40 marks essay and 250 words for 20 marks question. So can we presume the same to be the case with ESI and F&M Q-paper too? Anyone who has written Phase 2 earlier, please shed some light.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
  • @dhaakad_chhora : 300 words for 20 marker and 150 words for 10 marker.
  • edited September 2014
    @all Can anyone throw more light on answer writing style in rbi ie length of answers, to the point or long explanatory type answers, whether to maximize relation to current affairs etc. Somebody with previous experience can also guide which topics are scoring and maximizes our score or any other tips.

TIA.
    circumstances make men just as much as men make circumstances.
  • How strict is the marking in RBI phase 2? is it near the level of UPSC mains ?
  • @dhaakad_chhora i dnt think it wl be near upsc level bhai upsc thoda jyada hi strict expected more den 650 bt in da end just qualified nd im nt alne in this regard many has faced the same situation ;) bt again who knws im also a 1st timer in to dis rbi exam
    Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax)
  • @dhaakad_chhora i dnt think it wl be near upsc level bhai upsc thoda jyada hi strict expected more den 650 bt in da end just qualified nd im nt alne in this regard many has faced the same situation ;) bt again who knws im also a 1st timer in to dis rbi exam
    But one thing i have definitely come to know is that RBI board awards ridiculously low marks to some candidates. That way the candidates who would qualify marginally for interview have the least chances for selection. and this being my 1st time for phase 2, i'm a bit tensed coz even though the syllabus is not that vast but cant motivate myself enough to read much.
    Anyways ATB for the written exam

:-bd
  • edited September 2014
    @dhaakad_chhora i dnt think it wl be near upsc level bhai upsc thoda jyada hi strict he last yr expected more den 650 bt in da end just qualified nd im nt alne in this regard many has faced the same situation ;) bt again who knws im also a 1st timer in to dis rbi exam
    But one thing i have definitely come to know is that RBI board awards ridiculously low marks to some candidates. That way the candidates who would qualify marginally for interview have the least chances for selection. and this being my 1st time for phase 2, i'm a bit tensed coz even though the syllabus is not that vast but cant motivate myself enough to read much.
    Anyways ATB for the written exam

same 2 u mate 1st we need to clear da phase-2 nd same here dnt knw why bt im nt getting da same motivation dat i get for upsc nd for dat im nt vry hopeful frm phase 2
  • Last year they did reward good marks in interview and many guys got 20s and 30s but yes generally they are biased against male non-management guys so try to score 15-20 marks above cut-off.
    I have stopped my mains preparation since 4th September to exclusively prepare for this so my motivation is i wasted my 10 days not studying for mains so i can't afford to screw this exam. Moreover , this is the only exam for which i have devoted sometime apart from upsc so got to clear this time.
  • Last year they did reward good marks in interview and many guys got 20s and 30s but yes generally they are biased against male non-management guys so try to score 15-20 marks above cut-off.
    I have stopped my mains preparation since 4th September to exclusively prepare for this so my motivation is i wasted my 10 days not studying for mains so i can't afford to screw this exam. Moreover , this is the only exam for which i have devoted sometime apart from upsc so got to clear this time.
    me too working hard but from 6th only...before that i even couldn't focus on upsc mains because of cutoff speculation and 24th aug's hangover...i think regressive work for 7-8 days would be sufficient as i am assuming substantially less competition this time...
  • @chotabachcha : Don't worry a dedicated one week preparation is all it requires :)
  • Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
  • Can anyone suggest me some online resources for preparing for business correspondence part of English paper. Urgently needed.
  • @dhaakad_chhora nios material nd ignou i think those u can find in mrunal site nd rbi site nd sm clg sites
  • @dhaakad_chhora nios material nd ignou i think those u can find in mrunal site nd rbi site nd sm clg sites
    You seem to be a big fan of Mitchell Johnson.
    By the how much of the syllabus have you covered?
    im mate he is da mitch :D to be honest im nt even sure hw much i have dne though im able to solve da questions bt still havent got dat assurance dat ill nail it :-/ what abt u mate???
    im mate he is da mitch :D to be honest im nt even sure hw much i have dne though im able to solve da questions bt still havent got dat assurance dat ill nail it :-/ what abt u mate???
    Same feeling here bro. Lets see what happens on 13 and 14th. ATB to all the Members appearing for Phase 2.

• best of luck to all...
  • guys would we get question paper after xam or they wud take bavk it in any case if somebody is able to upload questions or paper itself then it wud be great.
  • guys how was xam I finished it early. btw essay kis topic pe likha?
  • guys how was xam I finished it early. btw essay kis topic pe likha?
    i got the question paper back.. i left early.. did they take back the paper
  • Be A Member Of This Buzzing Facebook Group For Study Material Study Plan Syllabus Question Papers & Preparation Of RBI Grade B Phase 1 & Phase 2 2015 Exam https://www.facebook.com/groups/rbi.grade.b.prelim.main/
  • Is RBI grade B exam delayed this year?
  • Yes, they are planning some change in exam pattern. Trying to implement something on the lines of UPSC-unified selection process of various posts. That's y d delay.
    Everything UPSC Sociology: https://reliableandvalid.wordpress.com
    Telegram channel (Sociology) : https://t.me/sociology_upsc
  • Oh! that's bad :(
    When will the exam be held? Will they even take one this year?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google