All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Tips for clearing RBI phase 1

edited July 2014 in Banking
Guys please provide some tips to keep in mind to clear RBI phase 1. I am new to IBPS kind of exams. I guess we need rocket speed to crack these IBPS type of exams.

Also share which kind of questions to attempt, which to leave.

How to maximise our score ?

Any help is seriously appreciated.

Comments

• +1
    first person to be honored with the title of dasasahasratikapati on forumias
  • for quant

there are about 4-5 sequence questions.
    while solving sequence questions(find wrong entry from the series)

1. look for squares and cubes
    2. look for square and cubes + - x ie. x square+2 or x square -3 etc...
    3. look for multiplication by 1/2f or 2/3 or 3/4 of the previous no.
    4. addition and subtraction by x, x^2.

then bodmas questions 4-5.

learn quick division and % method.

these 3 forms carry 10-15q rest are speed, profit loss types. easy to solve.
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • @Woodpecker : did you give last years paper.If yes , you many questions on DI were asked.Did you get select ? What are the reasoning questions ? are they same as reasoning questions of 2011 exam.Lastly sorry for too many queries :|
  • Guys please provide some tips to keep in mind to clear RBI phase 1. I am new to IBPS kind of exams. I guess we need rocket speed to crack these IBPS type of exams.

Also share which kind of questions to attempt, which to leave.

How to maximise our score ?

Any help is seriously appreciated.
    This year quant is going is be very surprising on lines of sbi po exam.basically ibps follows a pattern and this pattern is generally begins with their main po exam and from then on it continues in other exam.quant part of both ibps po3 and sbi po were very difficult,so I personally have this feeling that quant would be the most difficult part of tgis exam.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • edited July 2014
    @Woodpecker : did you give last years paper.If yes , you many questions on DI were asked.Did you get select ? What are the reasoning questions ? are they same as reasoning questions of 2011 exam.Lastly sorry for too many queries :|
    nope could not clear last year. did not prepare GS section at all.

practice these quant questions.

they are the ones asked in previous exams.

http://images.jagran.com/jagranjosh/practice-question-set-on-numerical-ability-for-ibps-probationary-officer-exam-2012.pdf

no idea about 2011 exam man. reasoning is a little tough as compared to PO. but doable in given the time limit.

i have provided the link for the 2013 sbi solved PO paper. just practice first 100qstns today and if you are getting 80+ then i don't think you have anything to worry about.

http://www.educationobserver.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14593

only thing is that you have to register on the website(its free don't worry)
    :)
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • My personal view on the RBI prelims exam (had got selected last yr). Some general views on approaching the paper:

1. GK is very fact based and has lots of names related questions - so make sure you read up on latest appointments in the field of finance. Key bankers/bureaucrats etc

2. Quant is probably the most difficult section, and will be the one in which sectional cut-off will play a key role. Its heavy on arithmetic and number series type questions (unlike the applied questions in CSAT). Best strategy is to concentrate on clearing cut-off in quant and use other sections to maximise your score (verbal and reasoning sections are quite scoring).

3. Do not shuffle too much between sections.
  • edited August 2014
    list of essentials to carry for RBI grade B phase 1 exam tomorrow-?
    apart from
    1> Admission ticket
    2> photo id proof
    3> passport size photo

@foxtrot @Woodpecker
    Preliminary=4 ; Main=3; PT= 2 ; Recommended=1 cse2015 The End
  • list of essentials to carry for RBI grade B phase 1 exam tomorrow-?
    apart from
    1> Admission ticket
    2> photo id proof
    3> passport size photo

@foxtrot @Woodpecker
    4) photocopy of ID card too.
  • The photo should be affixed and signed.
  • Checklist for RBI exam:-

1. Hall ticket - 2 copies (we need handover one copy at the exam center along with #4)
    2. Photo (same photo which is uploaded during application) - 2 copies
    3. ID Proof Original
    4. ID Proof Xerox (we need to handover this at the exam center)
    5. Name on the hall ticket and ID proof should match.
    6. 1 Ball Point pen.
    7. Nice to carry a wrist watch but not necessary as it is an online exam.
    Signed? Where is it written?
    In the admission letter. "Please affix your recent passport size colour photograph and sign across".

Also, where are the general instructions for the exam given?
  • edited August 2014
    The photo should be affixed and signed.
    In the admission letter. "Please affix your recent passport size colour photograph and sign across".

Also, where are the general instructions for the exam given?
    http://rbi.org.in/scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=2859
  • How to tackle negative marking??
  • How to tackle negative marking??
    dont mark wrong answers

:-))
  • Just few points from my experience with this exam.

1.Phase one - Sectional cut-offs are very important. Concentrate more on General awareness and Quants part where it is difficult to cross cut-off.

2. Phase Two - Questions were very easy (Trust me, I went with only UPSC preps). So make sure you present your answers well. You'll have enough time to do whatever you want to do with your paper Again presentation is not about hand writing(Note: I've one of the worst hand writing you could imagine).

3. Interview - It is no more 0-20 marks interview(in 2012 people were scoring that much only). Now, some scored even 40+. So, it matters. Well, you have more time for that

There is a FB group with name 'RBI Grade B officer Interview Shortlist'. Many people shared their experience and strategy in that group. Make use of it.

All the best :)

(posted this in one old discussion as well. Just copy pasted since this discussion is specifically for Tips.)
    2013 - Indian Forest Service

2016 - In the battle!
  • Do any one here can provide prev year phase 1 ques paper ?
  • Thanks in advnce
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google