‘Microbial toxins found in popular e-cigarettes’ In a first, NASA probe detects ‘marsquake’ on the Red Planet HC lifts ban on TikTok, but with a caveat IEPF Authority in a major success recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money Madras High Court bats for extending legal abortion period upto 24 weeks
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Review needed for Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (P. N. Roy Chowdhury, G. Subba Rao)

edited July 2014 in SSC
http://www.flipkart.com/ethics-integrity-aptitude-civil-services-examination-english-2nd/p/itmdwcz9hhqppkzu?pid=9789383454181

Here is a book i am planning to buy. Anyone who has bought it already please tell me if it is helpful.
Attempt # 4 | 1st attempt with PSIR optional | Previous attempts with statistics optional | RBI Grade B Officer

Comments

• bhai I used this book last year, I did not find it much useful. May be they have updated it to reflect the exam pattern
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe -
  • This book is recommended by Rachit raj(AIR-3). He scored 142 marks in GS-4
    CSE 2014 : Fail
    CSE 2015 : Results awaited!
  • @abhinitb can you please give us an idea of the contents and the writing style of this book? Does it define concepts, provides case studies, is it preachy or more exam oriented.

I think what eventually matters is how Rachit Raj handled the book, how he framed his answers etc.

That being said, I used no material other than vaji notes to prepare and I regret doing even that. So people please do give your suggestions vis ethics material.
  • @inthefray There was no one stop solution for ethics last year. Pragati ias and Sriram did come out with some good notes last year but obvioualy with not much idea abt pattern lot of improvisation had to be done then n there.
    I haven't seen vajis notes but i have this pn roy book. leaves a lot to be desired .may be the new edition has fixed the shortcomings. How much did you manage to score if thats not too personal . :-)
    Every day above the ground is a good day.
  • @My_Time_Is_Now nothing personal about the marks, other than the embarrassment! I scored a lowly 66. Wrote poorly, in a haphazard and disorganised fashion. That's why I'm keen on getting some professional/exam oriented material. At least this time my responses should sound educated even if not super original :D
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google