MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Those referred to the medical board...

edited October 2015 in Official Exam Process
Since there is nothing much to do as of now with just a few days before the D day comes, I would like to ask if there are people who have been referred to the medical board after the results.
I had GTB hospital as my centre and the ophthalmologist saw in my eyes with a torch (dont know the techincal term, doctors spare me.:P) and immediately said that I am suspicious of glaucoma and referred me to the medical board. Then I got myslef checked thoroughly for glaucoma at max hospital and vasan eyecare and doctors rejected the methodology of diagnosis of gtb doctor. Still, I will have to appear before the board after results. Want to know who all are also there and those who have had similar experiences please share. :)

Comments

• I also had GTB. Myopia > 4, was referred to the ophthalmology board. GTB is referring quite a few candidates to the board, being a bit over-cautious. Don't worry. The board will be constituted someday after results, apparently.
    Blog: DailyGyan | AIR 380s in CSE 2013 | Thank you ForumIAS!
  • yeah they told that the board sits on first and third tuesday (or thursday, either of the two) and we need to call them after the results.
  • @shar311 @spirate

Please throw some light of the medical checkup. I just wanna know one thing suppose somebody had bronchitis and is fully cured now and it shows in the chest x ray will he be rejected or will he be refered to a board. any other Ex disease of lungs or heart for which they do it. please mention it. Thanks in advance.
  • Depends on the hospital. Some are conducting it rather thoroughly, like GTB. They may refer you to a Board of Physicians for further assessment if they have a problem with your chest xray. You can then explain your case. Shouldn't lead to a disqualification if you are fully cured, don't worry.
  • yeah..i agree with @spirate ..xray must not be an issue..when i went for medical, there was one guy for whom xray was taken thrice and then they said that we find some issue with you but its alright, we wont refer you to the board..
  • I also had GTB. Myopia > 4, was referred to the ophthalmology board. GTB is referring quite a few candidates to the board, being a bit over-cautious. Don't worry. The board will be constituted someday after results, apparently.
    Is having a number over -4 considered inappropriate for the medicals?I too have -4.25 in one eye and about -3 in the other,will it lead to any problrms if and when I get for the interview and the medical tests:-(

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • @thestrokes_museic , just dont worry..they wont fail you..if they find some issue they will ask you to come after the results..and not all hospitals are that serious..gtb is definitely serious..the doctor even commented on my bmi which was just on the border line..so depends on the hospitals too..
  • @spirate
    Is only vision (using those letter charts) tested? Or power is also tested (using machine) ?
  • @Nitro , if you do not have the eye prescription, then they will make you get your eyes tested (using machine or the conventional way, whichever they have available) and if you have the prescription, he will ask you if you are using the same specs and write that in the form (before that he will make you read the chart with specs on).
  • Is gall stone a problem if it is fully cured sugerically.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • no..not at all..also, dont mention it in the form !
  • hi @all
    what would you suggest for a person having cataract. I have it in both of my eyes. Doctors said that it's in initial stage and I may choose to get operated after 2-3 yrs.
    p.s.-my vision is 6/6 without specs.
    will there be a problem in case with medical board ?? I am in a dillema whether to opt for surgery right now or not. please help.
  • @sonali0657 Have you had your medical test already?
  • oh.. i am talking about doctors in my city. I am yet to appear in CSE this year.I just wanted to figure out possibilities in case I reach to that stage (hopefully:-) @spirate
  • I don't think it should lead to disqualification. Depends on the hospital you are assigned and how the doctor interprets the rules! See the rules here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9AJvFSzIyiwM2QxM3NXV3hjTms/edit (Credit: Mrunal's blog)
  • If someone has high BP for how many services he will get disqualified?

• @Discover One won't get disqualified for any service for having high or low blood pressure unless one has some kind of heart problem.
    .So here I go, it's my shot...
    Feet: fail me not, this is the only opportunity that I got....

CAPF AC 2013 - BSF
    CSE 2013 | Interview CSE 2014 | Mains CSE 2015 | Mains
  • @Discover One won't get disqualified for any service for having high or low blood pressure unless one has some kind of heart problem.
    thanks. but they have said that they wil call again to check the BP.

• i had undescended testicle problem which was operated in childhood. So one of my testicle is bigger than the other(2 times almost).
    will it create any problem?
    Get busy living
    or
    Get busy dying

• hi @all
    what would you suggest for a person having cataract. I have it in both of my eyes. Doctors said that it's in initial stage and I may choose to get operated after 2-3 yrs.
    p.s.-my vision is 6/6 without specs.
    will there be a problem in case with medical board ?? I am in a dillema whether to opt for surgery right now or not. please help.

I think you should not worry much about it right now because there are thin chances of ppl getting disqualified in medical. It depends much on the hospital and doctor you get as said by @spirate..dont worry about these things now..

@Om_Prakash, I guess again this will depend on the hospital..dont worry about these things..they will not be an obstacle in your way to LBSNAA !!
  • @shar311

I have mild gynecomastia but i am too conscious about it.Do they ask us to remove our shirts/tshirts any point of time during medical test?If yes,will it be a problem?would you suggest me to get operated?

• @shar311

I have mild gynecomastia but i am too conscious about it.Do they ask us to remove our shirts/tshirts any point of time during medical test?If yes,will it be a problem?would you suggest me to get operated?

No. They measure only chest expansion, which is normally more than 5cm for every healthy person.
    During chest xray they ask to remove shirt. But hey, don't worry. Half the men in India have mild gynecomastia. That's never a problem for selection in Civil services. You may get it operated if you feel too embarrassed about it, but no need especially for Civil services.
    “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
    ― Napoleon Hill
  • agree with @ck10203 and on a lighter note, @shyamw they would not ask you to remove your shirt but yes, your pants will be down for a few seconds..:P
  • agree with @ck10203 and on a lighter note, @shyamw they would not ask you to remove your shirt but yes, your pants will be down for a few seconds..:P
    And sometimes they have lady doctor for scrotum harnia test...which is very very awkward. :-P
    “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
    ― Napoleon Hill
    And sometimes they have lady doctor for scrotum harnia test...which is very very awkward. :-P
    joking right ;)
  • ^^ no dude..its true...;)
  • i had undescended testicle problem which was operated in childhood. So one of my testicle is bigger than the other(2 times almost).
    will it create any problem?
    That's not a problem.one of my friend has got only one testicle and he has cleared medical examination without any hassle.

P.S: I am not kidding.

• edited June 2015
    I have cataract in both of my eyes. would there be any problem ?doctors told me that its in initial stage and there is no need to do surgery in next 8-10 years if I could maintain healthy lifestyle. plz advise
  • @sonali0657 You might have to appear before medical board but then there are many who would be appearing. so not a big issue. I was referred to the board on a mere suspicion of glaucoma sometime later in my life (GTB hospital).
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog