Indian Forest Service 2018 Results are out! ForumIAS Academy Students Secure Rank 1, 2, 3 ! Congratulations to all!
Current Affairs Classes for IAS Interview Students 2018 ForumIAS will be holding Current Affairs Classes for Interview Students on Saturday and Sunday at 5PM, Feb 9 & 10.

INSIGHTS offline classes(insightsonindia.com classes in bangalore).

edited April 2014 in Coaching & Websites
In a reply to my query team insights has told that they are planning to start a very intensive program for UPSC Mains . Please share your experiences that you have about the offline classes(attended or heard from those who are attending). As far as the website goes its the best for UPSC prep. Even their test series was much better than vaji and CL.
The website is excellent but how is the classroom guidance. Please guide me regarding the offline classes. Also share the fees of coaching and cost of living in b'lore.
seniors please provide suggestion:
@all @ArindamSarkar @Partho @rookie @root @Vibin @Neyawn @dp81 @Woodpecker @LuV @Stardust

Comments

• Not from Bangalore. Sorry.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Really indebted to our seniors for such selfless contribution on this forum. I am new here and was going through the forum . Really sir's you deserve to be an IAS. amazing selfless service to the society ^:)^
  • @ksonu

Sorry mate !
    I am not from B'lore and neither I am enrolled in the offline guidance program of insights .Though I agree with you that their test series is great and their online guidance is very good indeed .
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • The intensive program covers only mock test series and 1-2 hour discussion on questions. No formal teaching available. Paper evaluation by peers and 2 teachers. Best suited for those who have completed the mains portion before. It is difficult for newbies to cover all portion as 4-5 hours everyday goes for coaching itself. Considering 100 days gap this year, you got to make wise decision based on your level of preparation.
  • @ksonu i think its better to complete the syllabus first and then join that insights offline coaching! There's no formal teaching there and it seems only "answer writing" discussion goes on.. If u aren't from Bangalore then I dont see a reason why u should move in here just to write answers!
    There's already one thread on its coaching related info , go through it..
    |If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine|| ||Upsc wars veteran|
  • any idea about the fees they charge?
  • @ksonu can you let me know more details about it when it is starting .. Or atleast give mail id of insight
  • edited April 2014
    @ksonu: Fees is less than 1/3 of any institutions in Delhi or anywhere else for that matter. And my cost of living in Bangalore is hardly 6K/month for food & accomodation.
    But like Sid said difficult for newbies to cover all portion. Better to complete mains portion or if you have already cleared mains. There is a news that next batch is going to be different from ours, with intense training right from the very basics & extra 2 months
    There is individual feedback on every test you write.This is my 2nd attempt, so training here has made me realise importance of answer writing I took for granted.
  • Nevertheless from South India , not much knowledge of Banglore centers 8->
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • @kisna kindly check you inbox once
  • HI @Kisna which subjects are they covering. i know aditya is taking pub-ad. any other positive point you want to share about insights..
  • I am also inclined to join insights offline intensive programme.
    When are they going to start one for mains ?
    Anybody from forum planning to relocate to banglore and join insights ?
    M also looking for flat mates , specially sincere ones !
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • @misfitmedico I am also thinking to join .. Inbox me your mail I'd .... We shall discuss
  • @reddyps89 @MisfitMedico I am also planning to join. inbox me your id or mail me ksonu723@gmail.com
  • is insights starting any mains test series also?
  • They said they would start mains intensive program on Sept 1
  • Any new info about the offline classes ?
    1st attempt - 2014: written Mains. Could not clear.
    Optional: Pol Sc
  • Any one is interested in moving to banglore before prelims .
    I am planning to go in 1st july.
    Is anyone interested ?
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • @Neywan & others Kindly give your opinion.

I am appearing with Medical Science optional for CSE 2014. At present putting up at Karol bagh, Delhi. I have heard Insights have started offline coaching in banglore. and 2nd Batch is going to start from Sept. 2014 (sort of crash course)
    .any one from banglore here ? Any idea about the quality of peer group there and quality of discussion ?
     I want to relocate to banglore from Delhi. Hence little bit of apprehension. Kindly suggest your opinion. As insights is a new player in the market. but they are stressing more on writing practice. and that is what for which I am planning to go there .give your suggestions.
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • @all please throw some light on the peer group fees etc.
  • @Neywan & others Kindly give your opinion.

I am appearing with Medical Science optional for CSE 2014. At present putting up at Karol bagh, Delhi. I have heard Insights have started offline coaching in banglore. and 2nd Batch is going to start from Sept. 2014 (sort of crash course)
    .any one from banglore here ? Any idea about the quality of peer group there and quality of discussion ?
     I want to relocate to banglore from Delhi. Hence little bit of apprehension. Kindly suggest your opinion. As insights is a new player in the market. but they are stressing more on writing practice. and that is what for which I am planning to go there .give your suggestions.
    If you are originally from Bangalore, and if you have financial and emotional issues staying at Delhi, you may as well go for moving to Bangalore.

Insights is a new player and if you are in bangalore, you can look upto them as a guide or so.

But especially moving to bangalore for insights would not be wise. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Visit synergy and sign up for their mains test series. They are THE best.

You could start writing answers yourself with your flatmates and you could seek peer review. With an open mind, you will see a lot of improvement in your writing skills within a few weeks.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • edited May 2014
    ^^
    This forum had missed its top most advisor-in-chief of cse aspirants for a long time!! :D

I'm Remembering the good ol days when u were relentlessly 24/7 doling out top quality guidance tips to almost each n everyone on the forum.

#WelcomeBack !
    @Neyawn
    |If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine|| ||Upsc wars veteran|
  • @Neywan
    Thank you. Yes, there is a thanks button.
    But you deserve a special one for your selfless service to the forum and to us lesser mortals.

I am from baroda, Gujrat.
    Will do writting practice on my own along with some peers.

IRS-IT [2016]
  • How is career launcher mains coaching in coimbatore? Is it decent?
  • @MisfitMedico @Kisna
    Where can I find the details such as location, courses etc. of Insights program in Bangalore? I couldn't find it on their website.
  • thank you all seniors. @Neyawn @rookie for selfless support and guidance. ^:)^
  • Can anyone plz tell Insight is still running their offline classes in bangalore. ?
    SBI Assistant---->Bank of Baroda Asst.Manager--->Central Excise Inspector (Now)---->
  • Hello all!
    I am new to bengaluru and as of now preparing alone.Do comment on this thread if you are aiming seriously for 2016 cse and staying around brigade gateway (near orion mall, malleswaram west). I joined Insights offline test series for prelims.We could do combined study or atleast stay in touch through this exam process..
    Thankyou :)
  • How is insights ogp program ? Could someone please help me how to get a good room there !
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google