All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

UPSC GS MAINS ANSWER WRITING

My question is simple.there is fixed answer writing system for upsc mains.if wehave to attempt 5 out of 8 questions and in the fixed space we have space for each of the 8 questions can we use the space provided for not-selected questions for writing answers of selected questions

for ex-- i attempt question no.,4 but do not attempt question no.5 can i use space provided for question no.5 for writing q no.4

Comments

• Don't even try.
    It may end up the examiner considering ques no. 4 & 5 both as attempted by you as a punishment for being oversmart according to the him
  • :lol: :lol: _/\_
  • _k_ said:

:lol: :lol: _/\_

kahe hansat ba bhai
  • _k_ said:

:lol: :lol: _/\_

kahe hansat ba bhai
    sar maafi , ho skta hai me galat smjh gya aapne jo likha _/\_
  • My question is simple.there is fixed answer writing system for upsc mains.if wehave to attempt 5 out of 8 questions and in the fixed space we have space for each of the 8 questions can we use the space provided for not-selected questions for writing answers of selected questions

for ex-- i attempt question no.,4 but do not attempt question no.5 can i use space provided for question no.5 for writing q no.4

There is a QCA Booklet. Question-cum-Answer Booklet. Questions are printed along with question number. So it is expected that below Question no. 4 with the Question Number and exact question text printed, you write the answer to that question, and not question No. 5.

If you are not attempting the question , you leave the space blank. Such questions often come when we are anxious before the Prelims. Try focusing on the Prelims as of now. That will be most helpful.

Rest @Hagerstrand has stated correctly.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

My question is simple.there is fixed answer writing system for upsc mains.if wehave to attempt 5 out of 8 questions and in the fixed space we have space for each of the 8 questions can we use the space provided for not-selected questions for writing answers of selected questions

There is a QCA Booklet. Question-cum-Answer Booklet. Questions are printed along with question number. So it is expected that below Question no. 4 with the Question Number and exact question text printed, you write the answer to that question, and not question No. 5.

If you are not attempting the question , you leave the space blank. Such questions often come when we are anxious before the Prelims. Try focusing on the Prelims as of now. That will be most helpful.

Rest @Hagerstrand has stated correctly.
    thank you sir

Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google