We are hiring!

Is it worth leaving a navaratnon psu job for the state psc sdm ???

Guys please electorate the level of work pressure, standard of life compared to a navaratna PSU deputy manager job?

Comments

• Which PSU are you working, if not in oil companies then better to move on, sooner or later PSUs will be in deep loss
  • edited April 11
    Bhai, even if I assume that you joined IOCL immediately after B.Tech as a management trainee, tab bhi koi comparison nhi hai ... SDM is undisputedly better... Far far better...
    A month or so back, a highly reputed member on Forum argued that in popular hierarchy of all government services in India, Dt. Collector via PCS (which people mistakenly call SDM) is the 4th best service you can aspire for after ias, IPS and ifos... He was absolutely right...

You are only asking this question coz you don't know about the job profile, perks and privileges of a SDM... or are unrealistically smug in your current position...
  • edited April 11
    Thank you guys.. I am working in a leading "power psu" and I was recruited from campus as executive trainee.. but I failed in upsc attempts and now what I left is state pcs. So I am contemplating for its worthiness..
  • Thank you guys.. I am working in a leading "power psu" and I was recruited from campus as executive trainee.. but I failed in upsc attempts and now what I left is state pcs. So I am contemplating for its worthiness..

SDM is far better..... Also u have a good chance to be elevated in IAS later in your career and believe me IAS is IAS no matter even one is a promotee IAS
  • edited April 11
    Administrative job is better than technical job.In job only two things important money or power/prestige.As a upsc aspirant we never go money but for power and prestige.

SDM is a good post and gives opportunities for deputation in central agency.Do not compare it with IAS. No job is equivalent to it.
  • navratna ho ya maharatna, state civil services are far much better than psu..chahe psu m DGM/GM hi kyu na ho..
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly