‘Microbial toxins found in popular e-cigarettes’ In a first, NASA probe detects ‘marsquake’ on the Red Planet HC lifts ban on TikTok, but with a caveat IEPF Authority in a major success recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money Madras High Court bats for extending legal abortion period upto 24 weeks
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Himanshu sirs Guidance Academy or Shabbir sir for Geography optional?? For 2020 batch

Kindly suggest me which class should I join for Geography optional for 2020 batch.
I think Regular classroom program for Geo optional at Gauidance will be starting around in May 2019 (6months)and Shabbir sir vajiram in June 2019(4 months).

Comments

• Don't believe anyone! Just go in the ORN market on any photocopy shop. Get their notes and compare. You will yourself know that himanshu sir classes are far better and comprehensive than any other geography optional teacher. Don't believe me also as people can be judgmental about individuals. Use your own wisdom.
  • samforu said:

Kindly suggest me which class should I join for Geography optional for 2020 batch.
    I think Regular classroom program for Geo optional at Gauidance will be starting around in May 2019 (6months)and Shabbir sir vajiram in June 2019(4 months).

Bro I want to tell you from my personal experience
    For class room program - Shabbir sir is best.
    For test series or enrichment program for optional - Guidance IAS is good (especially his 500 + program)
  • Don't believe anyone! Just go in the ORN market on any photocopy shop. Get their notes and compare. You will yourself know that himanshu sir classes are far better and comprehensive than any other geography optional teacher. Don't believe me also as people can be judgmental about individuals. Use your own wisdom.

Were u student of any of these class??
    Thanks for ur suggestion. I will check it.
  • Dead Man said:

samforu said:

For test series or enrichment program for optional - Guidance IAS is good (especially his 500 + program)
    Thanks for sharing your experience . But I have heard that Shabbir sir teach few main topics and others completed by his assistant. Also notes of him is not properly organised.
    About Himanshu 500 +is best if you have complete concept understanding.

This time Himanshu sir starting batch in upcoming may 2019 and last around 6 months.
    Kindly clarify doubt
  • samforu said:

Dead Man said:

samforu said:

Thanks for sharing your experience . But I have heard that Shabbir sir teach few main topics and others completed by his assistant. Also notes of him is not properly organised.

This time Himanshu sir starting batch in upcoming may 2019 and last around 6 months.
    Kindly clarify doubt
    Shabbir sir teaches 80% of syllabus (which constitutes most important portion of optional) and rest trivial topics (like industries, cropping pattern etc which doesn't require conceptual understanding) are taken by his associates. His classes will be of 4.5-5 months duration even if vajiram timetable mention it to be of 4 months duration. Rest be assured that you will have absolute clarity of concepts in geography. And as far as human geography is concerned he is the best teacher available as of now.
    (Not promoting any coaching. All views are personal)
  • samforu said:

Don't believe anyone! Just go in the ORN market on any photocopy shop. Get their notes and compare. You will yourself know that himanshu sir classes are far better and comprehensive than any other geography optional teacher. Don't believe me also as people can be judgmental about individuals. Use your own wisdom.

I attended shabbir sir classroom program oct-nov 2017 and 500+ of himanshu sir in June 2018. There is drastic difference in quantity and quality. One of the student of himanshu sir classroom program lives in my building. I sometimes discuss few topics with him. Believe me I found huge gap in my understanding of the concept and his. I also took advice from others and went for vaji ram. I regret it today. You will enjoy the shabbir sir classes but when you write the exam you will realize that it is not up to the requirement of UPSC current pattern. I can just share my experience. It can be different for others. That is why I said use your own wisdom.
  • samforu said:

Don't believe anyone! Just go in the ORN market on any photocopy shop. Get their notes and compare. You will yourself know that himanshu sir classes are far better and comprehensive than any other geography optional teacher. Don't believe me also as people can be judgmental about individuals. Use your own wisdom.

I attended shabbir sir classroom program oct-nov 2017 and 500+ of himanshu sir in June 2018. There is drastic difference in quantity and quality. One of the student of himanshu sir classroom program lives in my building. I sometimes discuss few topics with him. Believe me I found huge gap in my understanding of the concept and his. I also took advice from others and went for vaji ram. I regret it today. You will enjoy the shabbir sir classes but when you write the exam you will realize that it is not up to the requirement of UPSC current pattern. I can just share my experience. It can be different for others. That is why I said use your own wisdom.
    Same feedback I got from one of my friend from 500+ batch. I m little bit apprehensive becoz of new entrants in upsc.
    Thanks
  • Dead Man said:

samforu said:

Dead Man said:

samforu said:

Kindly clarify doubt
    Shabbir sir teaches 80% of syllabus (which constitutes most important portion of optional) and rest trivial topics (like industries, cropping pattern etc which doesn't require conceptual understanding) are taken by his associates. His classes will be of 4.5-5 months duration even if vajiram timetable mention it to be of 4 months duration. Rest be assured that you will have absolute clarity of concepts in geography. And as far as human geography is concerned he is the best teacher available as of now.
    (Not promoting any coaching. All views are personal)
    Thanks bro for ur suggestion.
    Does he take special session on old and new ncert as Himanshu sir takes?
  • samforu said:

samforu said:

Same feedback I got from one of my friend from 500+ batch. I m little bit apprehensive becoz of new entrants in upsc.
    Thanks
    Just be objective. Look into how many toppers have openly recommended himanshu sir. Since he has emerged to the scene, geography has been doing better as an optional (even when the paper was not so favorable like 2017).
  • Shabbir sir:
    -gives good conceptual understanding
    -forces us to read text books by giving page nos which will certainly helps
    -mostly completes syllabus(atleast through handouts)
    -exam orientation content and train your mind to draw diagrams, flow charts
    -big motivational booster
    -But problem is sir waste significant time on motivation and other stuff.
    Himanshu sir:
    -exhaustive coverage of syllabus
    -In this point he differs from Shabbir sir. He don't encourage reference book reading. He himself teaches everything.
    -His notes is reader friendly
    -He also trains your mind to draw diagrams, flow charts, tables and how to use concepts to write general nature questions(Don't know about regular classes but he did in 500+ programme)
    - accessible like Shabbir sir
    - worthy of spending time in his classes
    Final words:
    Take is your's. But not joining in either of his classes doesn't break your success. Both are equally good. Depends on your time and money(Shabbir sir takes long time to complete syllabus) go ahead. They do only half part. Rest depends on your capabilities and hard work.
  • tu35 said:

Shabbir sir:
    Himanshu sir:
    -In this point he differs from Shabbir sir. He don't encourage reference book reading. He himself teaches everything.
    -He also trains your mind to draw diagrams, flow charts, tables and how to use concepts to write general nature questions(Don't know about regular classes but he did in 500+ programme)
    Final words:
    Take is your's. But not joining in either of his classes doesn't break your success. Both are equally good. Depends on your time and money(Shabbir sir takes long time to complete syllabus) go ahead. They do only half part. Rest depends on your capabilities and hard work.

What about test papers? Does it ( both Himanshu and Shabbir sir??)conduct and checks regularly by himself or by senior aspraints? Who's content is good and stronghold on which topic of syllabus?
  • samforu said:

samforu said:

How was your experience of 500+ batch. Was it understandable by you as you took regular coaching from different class? Was there difference in content of both sir interms of Value addition?
    Thanks
    Just be objective. Look into how many toppers have openly recommended himanshu sir. Since he has emerged to the scene, geography has been doing better as an optional (even when the paper was not so favorable like 2017).
  • samforu said:

samforu said:

Thanks
    How was your experience of 500+ batch. Was it understandable by you as you took regular coaching from different class? Was there difference in content of both sir interms of Value addition?
  • let me intro myself

I am one of regular forum guy. not active though.
    qualified 2017. IAAS. trying improving Rnk

seen lot activity here.
    don't like what is happening. Himanshu Sir of Guidance is spreading lot of bad info about shabir sir.
    you must talk to to shabir sir student. best teacher in country.

I am both student.
    Himanshu Sir started with lot false news. to capture mrt. repeatedly lying about shabir sir. he opens acc in false name. than propaganda.

Himanshu sir geography is good till geomorphology. spends 2 months teaching. anybody who teaches geomorphology for 2 months can complete full savinder singh.

his 500+ program is also total eyewash. spends 6 hours everyday with geography. that is bad way to study for civil.

my suggestion. take guidance notes. but do shabir sir test series and class. very focused. will teach answer writing.

last word. nobody can teach human geography like shabir sir. ask his students
    not market propaganda
  • @samforu

you open account 3 years ago. and before every admission session you asking who is better-shabbir sir or Himanshu sir?

pl check your posts. this is bogus.

shall I say to you- Hello respected Himanshu Sir??
  • rajnyk said:

let me intro myself

seen lot activity here.
    don't like what is happening. Himanshu Sir of Guidance is spreading lot of bad info about shabir sir.

I am both student.
    Himanshu Sir started with lot false news. to capture mrt. repeatedly lying about shabir sir. he opens acc in false name. than propaganda.

Himanshu sir geography is good till geomorphology. spends 2 months teaching. anybody who teaches geomorphology for 2 months can complete full savinder singh.

his 500+ program is also total eyewash. spends 6 hours everyday with geography. that is bad way to study for civil.

my suggestion. take guidance notes. but do shabir sir test series and class. very focused. will teach answer writing.

not market propaganda

Bro I fell for this spam thread hoping to help the one who opened it but later I realized that this is a spam thread to promote certain coaching.
  • in this thread only @tu35 and @deadman look genuin.
    forumsias moderators should take action

this is total misleading members
  • @ Samforu,
    Before suggesting what to join, I would want to note the following before I suggest you anything out of my experience:
    1. I am assuming you are a Fresher ,aiming at 2020 mains.
    2. You are looking for a REGULAR optional program.

I read the posts above , no offence to anybody, but dude this is a clear comparison of apple and oranges!
    ORN has mushroomed with number of institutions ranging from big - small.
    Coming to your question – if you are a beginner , then Shabbir sir’s regular optional
    Course is the best bet in my opinion.

Following are my reasons to say so –
    - His teaching skills are simply impeccable, learning an optional , a technical one like that of geography needs skills that he has. You need continuous guidance of do’s and don’ts and most importantly a momentum that he creates is like none others.
    - As mentioned by others too, he completes 80% of the syllabus in time.
    - When it comes to content with quality – its him.
    - And as wrongly pointed by someone above that his notes are prepared by someone else ! - is pure non-sense, I have personally reached out to Shabbir sir over mail, in class discussions , he has always indicated at the standard textbooks and references and his personal notes he comes prepared in every class.

Coming to @chandamama , @samforu
    I don’t understand why suddenly the Himanshu sir’s 500 discussion pops up!
    This program is meant for veterans , who have been struggling with mains or trying to improvise their ranks. Here he discusses structuring and organisation for some 500 questions across the syllabus. If you are a beginner for sure the course is gonna be a bouncer !!

on contrary Shabbir sir’s test series are classroom oriented which focus on basics and advanced levels along with quality test papers. He himself works hard along with students to help them cope and ensures no student is left behind.

And lastly if it were to truly and honestly compare the two courses both have their own advantages and drawbacks. Himanshu sir’s 500 course focuses on structures, while Shabbir sir’s focuses on developing content. His coverage in human geography is like none other in Market, likewise Geomorphology of Himanshu sir is too good too. One can always choose based on their requirements.

For good foundation and basics, I would personally suggest Geography with Shabbir, coz he not only helps you understand the subject, he makes you a better person end of it.

And for the non-genuine posts above ! dude have some ethics before you sludge fest on someone, remember karma is a bitch , its gonna come back to you !! do not misguide innocent students.
  • I don't know why everyone is busy forcing their opinion on freshers. I just asked this person to use his own judgement and compare their notes. Read my first comment. I don't know about you people but I have attended both their classes and I expressed my genuine opinion and also said it is my personal opinion. Rest all have their own wisdom.
  • @ Samforu,
    Before suggesting what to join, I would want to note the following before I suggest you anything out of my experience:

I read the posts above , no offence to anybody, but dude this is a clear comparison of apple and oranges!
    Coming to your question – if you are a beginner , then Shabbir sir’s regular optional

- His teaching skills are simply impeccable, learning an optional , a technical one like that of geography needs skills that he has. You need continuous guidance of do’s and don’ts and most importantly a momentum that he creates is like none others.
    - And as wrongly pointed by someone above that his notes are prepared by someone else ! - is pure non-sense, I have personally reached out to Shabbir sir over mail, in class discussions , he has always indicated at the standard textbooks and references and his personal notes he comes prepared in every class.

This program is meant for veterans , who have been struggling with mains or trying to improvise their ranks. Here he discusses structuring and organisation for some 500 questions across the syllabus. If you are a beginner for sure the course is gonna be a bouncer !!

on contrary Shabbir sir’s test series are classroom oriented which focus on basics and advanced levels along with quality test papers. He himself works hard along with students to help them cope and ensures no student is left behind.

And lastly if it were to truly and honestly compare the two courses both have their own advantages and drawbacks. Himanshu sir’s 500 course focuses on structures, while Shabbir sir’s focuses on developing content. His coverage in human geography is like none other in Market, likewise Geomorphology of Himanshu sir is too good too. One can always choose based on their requirements.

For good foundation and basics, I would personally suggest Geography with Shabbir, coz he not only helps you understand the subject, he makes you a better person end of it.

And for the non-genuine posts above ! dude have some ethics before you sludge fest on someone, remember karma is a bitch , its gonna come back to you !! do not misguide innocent students.

Who writes so much for a teacher?!?! A student or a propaganda maker.
  • rajnyk said:

@samforu

you open account 3 years ago. and before every admission session you asking who is better-shabbir sir or Himanshu sir?

You yourself don't look genuine friend!
  • tu35 said:

Shabbir sir:
    Himanshu sir:
    Final words:

You are really genuine. I have similar experience as you. Just that I found Guidance classes to be more relevant from examination point of view.
  • @ Samforu,

Who writes so much for a teacher?!?! A student or a propaganda maker.

If I were to write propoganda , i too would have had an ID LIKE YOU dear CHANDAMAMA.
    It was personal opinion based on my experience which is true.
    You may not be respecting your teacher but I do :)

• rajnyk said:

@samforu

Dear Sir,
    Thank you for letting me know this side of this platform also. For your kind information , yes I had opened account on this platform from some of toppers advice during research but I didn't find it user-friendly at that time . As now I'm entering this field as fresh entrant it's imp me to get all information, opinion about these classes. So I'm not paid, sponsored by anyone.
    About Himanshu sir, I get to know from Pratham Kaushik sirs blog and from experience of mine few seniors. So it's natural to be apprehensive about whats genuine and what's not. That's it. I would love to contact you to get more insight and yaaa it's not fraud.
  • rajnyk said:

in this thread only @tu35 and @deadman look genuin.
    forumsias moderators should take action

this is total misleading members

I'm fresher 2020 attempt.
  • @ Samforu,

Thank you mam for your advice.
  • samforu said:

@ Samforu,

Thank you mam for your advice.
    So does it better to join regular classes at Shabbir sir and 500+( test series) at Himanshu sir or it's better to have both classes and test series at ones only??
  • rajnyk said:

let me intro myself

seen lot activity here.

I am both student.

not market propaganda

I'm not aware about any of these things. Thanks for ur advice.
  • I don't know why everyone is busy forcing their opinion on freshers. I just asked this person to use his own judgement and compare their notes. Read my first comment. I don't know about you people but I have attended both their classes and I expressed my genuine opinion and also said it is my personal opinion. Rest all have their own wisdom.

Ya compare wala thing was logical.
  • Dead Man said:

rajnyk said:

let me intro myself

seen lot activity here.

I am both student.

not market propaganda

Bro I fell for this spam thread hoping to help the one who opened it but later I realized that this is a spam thread to promote certain coaching.
    Dear,
    I'm genuine fresher not sponsored by any one.
    Therefore I'm asking you about both pros and cons about both classes. Kindly check past conv.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google