We are hiring!

Good score in Forum Prelims Simulator Tests?

@root @Neyawn
What is considered to be a good score/rank in Prelims Simulator tests?

Comments

• Anything over 100
    :)
  • Only the real exam matters .
    A friend of mine got some 64-65 in forum open test before pre.
    And was getting 120 plus in actual prelims 2018 as per various answer keys .
    Still it’s better to try to get good marks but there is no need to get underconfident ... :)
  • @root @Neyawn

Rank up to 200-300 is good.
  • Vagarant said:

Anything over 100

:open_mouth:
  • Only the real exam matters .
    A friend of mine got some 64-65 in forum open test before pre.
    And was getting 120 plus in actual prelims 2018 as per various answer keys .
    Still it’s better to try to get good marks but there is no need to get underconfident ... :)

:smiley:
  • musicBOX said:

@root @Neyawn

Rank up to 200-300 is good.
    :open_mouth:
  • In any mock, try being within 10%.

But more than that in a mock, try to maintain consistency across papers. In simulators, what I often see is some people perform in a tough paper but will get questions wrong in an easy paper.

Yet again, if there is domination of a certain subject say geography or polity , your average performance should not deviate a lot.

It is only the first time you need to worry about these things. People who Clear prelims with strong study base do it every year , so it is neither that difficult nor that unpredictable - yes it is torturous and risky.

Also do not do excess of anything in my opinion.

By which I mean don’t solve too many questions. To keep the momentum, solve 25 questions everyday maybe , and focus on revising the books.

Revision is the antidote to error rate.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

In any mock, try being within 10%.

But more than that in a mock, try to maintain consistency across papers. In simulators, what I often see is some people perform in a tough paper but will get questions wrong in an easy paper.

Yet again, if there is domination of a certain subject say geography or polity , your average performance should not deviate a lot.

It is only the first time you need to worry about these things. People who Clear prelims with strong study base do it every year , so it is neither that difficult nor that unpredictable - yes it is torturous and risky.

By which I mean don’t solve too many questions. To keep the momentum, solve 25 questions everyday maybe , and focus on revising the books.

Ah! Should I miss these advice days?
    Me: Aysuh Sir, should I write any more tests?
    Ayush Sir: :/
    You know what they say
  • Neyawn said:

In any mock, try being within 10%.

:) :)
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly