‘Microbial toxins found in popular e-cigarettes’ In a first, NASA probe detects ‘marsquake’ on the Red Planet HC lifts ban on TikTok, but with a caveat IEPF Authority in a major success recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money Madras High Court bats for extending legal abortion period upto 24 weeks
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Termination from SBI for Unauthorized absence

edited April 7 in Miscellaneous
Hello everyone

I have recently been terminated from SBI for unauthorized absence. I was working as a PO since November 2016.

Will this termination in any way affect my future employment opportunities through UPSC/State Service/SSC??

Is there anyone else here who has faced a similar kind of a situation in their preparation journey?

Please help.

Comments

• rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

I have recently been terminated from SBI for unauthorized absence. I was working as a PO since November 2016.

Will this termination in any way affect my future employment opportunities through UPSC/State Service/SSC??

Is there anyone else here who has faced a similar kind of a situation in their preparation journey?

Please help.

Had they lodge a complaint against you or taken a disciplinary action against you ??
  • rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

Sirf unauthorized absence k base par hi terminate kiya h?
    Sincerity, Dedication, Honesty
  • No complaints have been lodged against me. The sole reason behind my termination was an unauthorized loss of pay leave while I was still on probation.

• edited April 7

rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

Sirf unauthorized absence k base par hi terminate kiya h?
    Yes. The only ground behind my termination is unauthorized absence.

• rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

No nothing will happen. You are fit for all other recruitments
  • Yes nothing will happen..same thing happened with me...
  • rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

Hey..... I am planning to pursue similar path for appearing in 2018 uppsc mains.... Can you shed some light on for how long you were on unauthorized leave......
    PS: i am 2018 batch po in sbi
  • rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

Those who are saying that nothing will happen are completely ignorant about the issue. I too was a banker with one of the PSBs and faced a similar situation. I however resigned before Anya action could be initiated. I know what can happen. SBI authorities must have sent you multiple notices before terminating, didn't they? You should have presented your side then, and exited gracefully by resigning. Anyway, since you worked with SBI, you must be having your NPS Card/PRAN and all. That would remain same for all your subsequent jobs. Even if you happen to join a service through UPSC, that number won't change now. So you can't lie to UPSC that you never worked in any government /public sector organisation. Moreover, in the attestation form there is this column which requires you to mention if any disciplinary action was taken against you by your previous employer. If you don't mention anything, that would amount to concealment of the fact , which is an offence. If you mention something, then also you would be in trouble. My point is, there is no way you can hide from UPSC that you worked with SBI. Even if you get selected, get your joining, through your NPS records, truth would be out, and action would be initiated against you, and UPSC would be informed as well. If you inform UPSC that you worked with SBI, but don't mention about the disciplinary action, then also UPSC would first enquire with your previous employer, and would eventually come to know the truth. So it would be better if you hire a good lawyer and discuss the issues with him.
  • rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

Those who are saying that nothing will happen are completely ignorant about the issue. I too was a banker with one of the PSBs and faced a similar situation. I however resigned before Anya action could be initiated. I know what can happen. SBI authorities must have sent you multiple notices before terminating, didn't they? You should have presented your side then, and exited gracefully by resigning. Anyway, since you worked with SBI, you must be having your NPS Card/PRAN and all. That would remain same for all your subsequent jobs. Even if you happen to join a service through UPSC, that number won't change now. So you can't lie to UPSC that you never worked in any government /public sector organisation. Moreover, in the attestation form there is this column which requires you to mention if any disciplinary action was taken against you by your previous employer. If you don't mention anything, that would amount to concealment of the fact , which is an offence. If you mention something, then also you would be in trouble. My point is, there is no way you can hide from UPSC that you worked with SBI. Even if you get selected, get your joining, through your NPS records, truth would be out, and action would be initiated against you, and UPSC would be informed as well. If you inform UPSC that you worked with SBI, but don't mention about the disciplinary action, then also UPSC would first enquire with your previous employer, and would eventually come to know the truth. So it would be better if you hire a good lawyer and discuss the issues with him.
    Only a single notice was sent to me that too in January 2018. Thereafter, i was in constant touch with the HR department and also sent them my medical certificates at regular intervals. Despite that, they rejected my medicals and terminated me without being given any chance to present my side. It happened with 4 more probationary officers as well who were terminated for being on unauthorised leave.
  • Yes nothing will happen..same thing happened with me...

Were you terminated as well?
  • rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

This person is saying true, During probation period they may do this as SBI had done this. But natural Justice must be followed in which sbi must have given you chance to appear and represent your case. If you were providing medical certificates and despite that Sbi has terminated your services. You should consult with lawyer. Because when you fill the attestation form of SarkarI Naukri, they always ask for whether you were terminated or not as mentioned in detailed by concerned person above. This thing can work where there is no interview but in UPSC it may be problematic so please consult with some person who can guide you in this matter.I have worked with PSU bank, I did the same many times but God Grace I didn't face such problems i resigned because I understood that it would not work any more because I got verbal final warning for such thing.
    CSE 2013 : Revolt
    CSE 2014 : Revolution
  • Bhai which circle?
  • Bhai which circle?

Mumbai bhai..yours?
  • rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

This person is saying true, During probation period they may do this as SBI had done this. But natural Justice must be followed in which sbi must have given you chance to appear and represent your case. If you were providing medical certificates and despite that Sbi has terminated your services. You should consult with lawyer. Because when you fill the attestation form of SarkarI Naukri, they always ask for whether you were terminated or not as mentioned in detailed by concerned person above. This thing can work where there is no interview but in UPSC it may be problematic so please consult with some person who can guide you in this matter.I have worked with PSU bank, I did the same many times but God Grace I didn't face such problems i resigned because I understood that it would not work any more because I got verbal final warning for such thing.
    What worse can happen in case I mention about it on the attestation form? I am planning to get a job through CGL first and then go for UPSC.

In SSC, we don’t have an interview now. So I can join that without any issue..right?

This termination is for unauthorised absence in the probationary period. Is this such a serious offence that they will debar me from any future govt employment opportunity?
  • rks2k19 said:

No complaints have been lodged against me. The sole reason behind my termination was an unauthorized loss of pay leave while I was still on probation.

Nothing will happen.Nobody checks your NPS account or your income tax return history.Nor your these details can be shared with other agencies in general circumstances.
  • but we need to mention and disciplinary action in UPSC attestation form..uska koi effect thodi pdta h?? jst mention hi to krna h..isse concealment bhi nhi hoga...but yes if termination letter specifically mention unfit for govt job tb to hide krna hi sahi rahega na?
  • n guys termination ho ya removal (disciplinary action) dono m s kisi ko bhi attestation form m mention krne s kya joining m problem hoti h kya.?
  • rks2k19 said:

rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

What worse can happen in case I mention about it on the attestation form? I am planning to get a job through CGL first and then go for UPSC.

In SSC, we don’t have an interview now. So I can join that without any issue..right?

This termination is for unauthorised absence in the probationary period. Is this such a serious offence that they will debar me from any future govt employment opportunity?
    I have no idea about such thing, so cant comment at the same time. It should not be any issue in CGL jobs as far as I feel, but cant comment on UPSC. It may bring wrong impression in front of panel. Best thing is how can you justify the whole situation.
    CSE 2013 : Revolt
    CSE 2014 : Revolution
  • just keep it to yourself
    Dont mention it in your previous employment status.
    if you ever mention it to recruiting agency -of employment in govt sector or psu,
    you have show resigning letter but you have termination letter which will hurt you so
    pretend you have not worked
    after getting selected it is not an big issue that is after you join these things matter little but at the stage of recruitment agency like upsc or ssc these things will give these agency some points to harass you.
    dont waste your time on this also as nothing will come after thinking about it
    just pretend you were unemployed at that time.
    and trust me if you dont tell them neither they are interested in finding it out nor it will matter to them
  • rks2k19 said:

rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

CGL of which yr..It'll take you forever to get a job there esp. since the process is inordinately delayed.
  • rks2k19 said:

rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

CGL of which yr..It'll take you forever to get a job there esp. since the process is inordinately delayed.
    CGL 2017
  • dccdcc
    edited April 9
    rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

Nothing will matter in future job.
    But if u want the job back then appeal against at HQ or director level they will make a committee regarding your termination. Make some flase medical certificate with blood reports/investigation from any private hospital from back date . Then submit it
  • dcc said:

rks2k19 said:

Hello everyone

Please help.

Nothing will matter in future job.
    But if u want the job back then appeal against at HQ or director level they will make a committee regarding your termination. Make some flase medical certificate with blood reports/investigation from any private hospital from back date . Then submit it
    I don’t want the job back. My only concern is whether this termination will cause me any trouble if in case I try to join a job either through SSC or UPSC.
  • join the job again so that after sometime you can resign . though termination during probation because of unauthorised absence will not prevent you to get another govt job (for other misconduct like for corruption cases etc it would affect on your next job) but in the interview panel will not appreciate this thing. i was about to terminate in cgl job but i resigned. and if you don't want to join again at any conditions then file a case against them because you may loose the case but at least you would have some say in upsc interview. you may also prefer the path of truth. speak truth in interview that bcz of upsc i couldn't join .
  • if u are terminated due embezzlement of funds,bribe taking,sexually harassing someone then it would have caused u a problem. u are terminated because u remained absent its not a big deal n it will not affect u in any way in future recruitments. bohot wrong jagah pe question pooch rahe ho ...log yahan daraate hein aur maze lete hein.
  • Abe bhai kuch nahi hota. Ye aam baat hai psb main aajkal. Especially below 25 cse aspirants yahi karvrahe hai. And management knows it hence chance nahi deta.
  • Jus chill.
  • rks2k19 said:

Bhai which circle?

Mumbai bhai..yours?
    sorry bhai for the late reply,i was also on leave for long period in sbi(jaipur circle).I gave them medical certificates and resigned. In your case i don't think it will affect your upsc chances-
    1.first as you have mentioned ,you have also given your medical.
    2.Termination due to absent on health ground will not affect your chance.
    3.Similar thing happened with a person i know and he is now in state psc.
    4.A girl was terminated in delhi circle due to absence,she filed a case and rejoined bank.

So do not worry,but be prepared to defend this in upsc interview.
  • Nothing is going to happen.Termination due to medical condition is not amount of disciplinary action.Even you mention about that ,what will upsc do ,they will verify ,if someone is advised for medical rest ,no one can join the duty and under the policy ,he can terminate the person.
    Chill dude
    Mention proudly
    How it is disciplinary action ,you hv nt done practises of corruption etc ?
  • iasking said:

Nothing is going to happen.Termination due to medical condition is not amount of disciplinary action.Even you mention about that ,what will upsc do ,they will verify ,if someone is advised for medical rest ,no one can join the duty and under the policy ,he can terminate the person.
    Chill dude
    Mention proudly
    How it is disciplinary action ,you hv nt done practises of corruption etc ?

I hope it does not cause me any troubles..thank you for your reply.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google