We are hiring!

Age confusion

Friends my DOB is 8th August 1990. How many attempts do i have? Gen category. Have given 2 attempts already and planning to skip this year.

If i prepare this year for 2020 onwards then how many attempts do i have? Please help. Thanks

Comments

• edited March 26
    The maximum age limit is 32

You will turn 30 on August 8 2020 .
    So if your start preparing from then onwards you will have one year .

Pre will most probably be on June 2021 and mains you will write at the age of 31 that is after August 2021.
    Entire process will be over before turning 32 .

Ps : and with inputs from another forumiats,
    You can give 2022 pre and mains as well . So you got 2 attempts at hand :smiley:
    ( disclaimer : not a legal opinion :smirk: )
  • One has to be less than max prescribed age, at the time of form filling only.... Not the entire process
  • ClickHere said:

One has to be less than max prescribed age, at the time of form filling only.... Not the entire process

Ohh really
  • So she/he can give two attempts then :o
  • edited March 26
    1st aug 2020- 29
    1st aug 2021 - 30
    1st aug 2022 - 31

I am confused for 2023 because i would have attained 32.

"(II) AgeLimits:
    (a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of
    32 years on the 1st of August, 2019 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August,
    1987"

So i cant give 2023 attempt. Am i right?

So one has to be 31 only and 32 plus is not allowed.??

• By the time it is 1st August 2023 that is that years age limit that states ( as written by you ) “ candidate must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August 2023* . You will be 32 already . So it seems you can’t give 2023 attempt .. :smirk:
    @ClickHere . Kindly guide this soul :o
  • Yes guys kindly clear my doubt.

1st aug 2020- 29
    1st aug 2021 - 30
    1st aug 2022 - 31

I am confused for 2023 because i would have attained 32.

"(II) AgeLimits:
    (a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of
    32 years on the 1st of August, 2019 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August,
    1987"

So i cant give 2023 attempt. Am i right?

So one has to be 31 only and 32 plus is not allowed.??

@jack_dawson @zohanmukharjee @Neyawn
  • Yes you are not eligible for 2023 and just eligible for 2022 as you came into the world after 1 August!
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • On a different note though :smirk:
    As you gonna skip only this years attempt, you still got 2 more attempts then why so worried over 3rd :trollface:
  • @grimreaper13 dude thanks but you are still wrong. I dont have 2 but 3 chances if i skip this one.

Yar isliye confusion hota hai.
    20 - 29 years
    21- 30
    22-31

So total 3. I hope i am not wrong.

Yes on a side note you are right. One needs only 1 attempt to make it. But still such calculations must be clear.
  • edited March 26
    handshake said:

Yes you are not eligible for 2023 and just eligible for 2022 as you came into the world after 1 August!

Thanks. So total 4 chances including this one. Right?
  • Friends my DOB is 8th August 1990. How many attempts do i have? Gen category. Have given 2 attempts already and planning to skip this year.

If i prepare this year for 2020 onwards then how many attempts do i have? Please help. Thanks

If u can't do this simple calculation, then you will not be able 2 get min qualifying marks in 2nd paper.
    So it's better for you to forget this exam forever.
  • edited March 26
    sirfpsc said:

Friends my DOB is 8th August 1990. How many attempts do i have? Gen category. Have given 2 attempts already and planning to skip this year.

If u can't do this simple calculation, then you will not be able 2 get min qualifying marks in 2nd paper.
    I am only clearing the doubt. And with clarification further mistakes can be avoided. Rather one should ask twice thrice or even ten times but should not do the mistake.
    I am new to the exam process, my earlier attempts were without any preparation. I know it is clearly written in notification. But see here also people have given fluctuating answer despite of me posting clearly from notification. So only clearing the doubt.

Secondly i have worked in topnotch company and earn accolades there.

Thirdly currently I am unmarried, having good salary but want to make it in this exam by preparing seriously and hence i have to plan my life accordingly i.e do i have chances till 2022 or 2023. I think this is what for forumias is for.

hence i am not going to forget the exam rather going to make it and come with flying colours.

And lastly, your attitude is not that of a civil servant. If you cant help somebody then stay away. If you cant sow roses then dont sow thorns too.
    GoodBye.

• sirfpsc said:

and it's proved that UPSC cant teach compassion altruism or empathy just by making us read them in GS4!!
    a Goal Digger
  • edited March 26
    Laurasia said:

sirfpsc said:

and it's proved that UPSC cant teach compassion altruism or empathy just by making us read them in GS4!!
    What he said is the "bitter truth"....compassion /altruism/empathy is bullshit.... competition doesn't give a two cent to all of these sweet words.

And if we go by your logic, people who got selected when gs4 was not part of syllabus were devoid of these things....I don't support your shitty argument.
    :)
  • Friends my DOB is 8th August 1990. How many attempts do i have? Gen category. Have given 2 attempts already and planning to skip this year.

Abee yar , hadd krte ho mtlb platform mil gya doubt clear krne ka toh kch b puchoge?
    Kuch confidence toh rkho apni calculation, aise banoge district collector?
  • Vagarant said:

Laurasia said:

sirfpsc said:

What he said is the "bitter truth"....compassion /altruism/empathy is bullshit.... competition doesn't give a two cent to all of these sweet words.

And if we go by your logic, people who got selected when gs4 was not part of syllabus were devoid of these things....I don't support your shitty argument.
    dear Whosoever you are, telling the "bitter truth" the bitter way doesn't help anybody.

and imo compassion n empathy are inherent values, they cant be mechanically taught....and u and that friend of yours both seems to lack them. Not your fault, it's inherent after all.

good luck anyway.
    a Goal Digger
  • edited March 26
    I know it is clearly written in notification but confirming doesn't make me low. Rather remaining mum and not being interactive does. Forumias is very much made for removing such doubts for anyperson who has never prepared full time. But i agree it is my mistake, i should have faith on my intelligence rather than listening various opinions .

I also agree that good quantitative and aptitude skills are utmost necessary for district collector hence my opinion is 33% criteria in GS2 in prelims should be done away with. Because it is real test of sharpness.

But as pointed out by Laurasia ".compassion /altruism/empathy" are far more necessary which again i endorse because these qualities must be indispensable in civil servants than having an iQ of 200 plus. These sweet words are very much needed in government machinery and also in society.
    If you people cant tolerate 1 question {which i agree shouldnt have come} how will you tolerate multiple doubts of gullible rural folks who have nobody to answer.

You people could have simply helped me by saying that notification is official document and go though that only. But no, jumping on thread and taking sadistic pleasure by insulting the questioner. UPSC should definitely shut out people like you and people like Laurasia should be preferred.

Hi,

You have 4 more attempts left and your last attempt would be in 2023.

March 2020 - 29 years
    March 2021 - 30 years
    March 2022 - 31 years
    March 2023 - 32 years

All the best.
  • edited March 26
    @pizza NO pizza even you are wrong. " Must not have attained the age of 32 years".
    2022 will be my last attempt .
  • edited March 27
    Laurasia said:

Vagarant said:

Laurasia said:

sirfpsc said:

dear Whosoever you are, telling the "bitter truth" the bitter way doesn't help anybody.

and imo compassion n empathy are inherent values, they cant be mechanically taught....and u and that friend of yours both seems to lack them. Not your fault, it's inherent after all.

good luck anyway.
    Inherent?
    LOLMAX!!!...... it's "inherent" as long as it's not affecting your life, keyboard warriors showing keyboard empathy/compassion etc etc

Good luck to sbhi log!!
  • edited March 27

I know it is clearly written in notification but confirming doesn't make me low. Rather remaining mum and not being interactive does. Forumias is very much made for removing such doubts for anyperson who has never prepared full time. But i agree it is my mistake, i should have faith on my intelligence rather than listening various opinions .

I also agree that good quantitative and aptitude skills are utmost necessary for district collector hence my opinion is 33% criteria in GS2 in prelims should be done away with. Because it is real test of sharpness.

But as pointed out by Laurasia ".compassion /altruism/empathy" are far more necessary which again i endorse because these qualities must be indispensable in civil servants than having an iQ of 200 plus. These sweet words are very much needed in government machinery and also in society.
    If you people cant tolerate 1 question {which i agree shouldnt have come} how will you tolerate multiple doubts of gullible rural folks who have nobody to answer.

You people could have simply helped me by saying that notification is official document and go though that only. But no, jumping on thread and taking sadistic pleasure by insulting the questioner. UPSC should definitely shut out people like you and people like Laurasia should be preferred.

There is a big difference between educated and lliterate/illiterate people, that's how "you tolerate multiple doubts if gullible rural folks who have nobody to answer"...are you an educated person?
    If No, then you're right, we should tolerate your "n" number of questions.

Also , people like laurasia live in their own la la Land, who get dumbstruck by the stark reality of today's world, when they step out from their well protected home. (Ab Delhi me Coaching wali baat mat kehna, unki toh alag hi duniya h, unko toh CSAT b hard lgta tha jisko dharna deke qualifying Kara Diya, 10th ka maths b hard lgta h kch mahanubhavo ko)

• @pizza NO pizza even you are wrong. " Must not have attained the age of 32 years".
    2022 will be my last attempt .

Accha yes, I'm sorry :sweat_smile:
    You are correct. I thought it was 32 years or below. Its below 32 years on 1st August. So 2022 it is. :)
  • @grimreaper13 dude thanks but you are still wrong. I dont have 2 but 3 chances if i skip this one.

Yar isliye confusion hota hai.
    20 - 29 years
    21- 30
    22-31

So total 3. I hope i am not wrong.

Yes on a side note you are right. One needs only 1 attempt to make it. But still such calculations must be clear.

@Countryside
    It was a slip of pen :smirk: ( wanted to write 3 more , if skip one )

So the gist is you got 4 attempts ( 19,20,21,22)

On a side note , you asked a very relevant question as it’s better to cross check these crucial things even if one is otherwise quite sure . Also the beauty of this forum is that you get to experience people with destabilising tendencies
    , with the potential to transform a genuine thread into battle ground . :neutral: ( quite a new experience indeed )
  • If you are skipping this attempt then you have 2 attemps left. Considering that age cut off date remains the same.
  • Bechara ka Sara attempt , age calculation me hi beet jae ga :joy:
  • Nhi .., Abhi Sb settle hua hi tha k deadman ka comment a gya :D

:|
  • Aree troll mat kro isko Bhai,....apke pass jitne b attempt h unme see ek next year dedo.. selection lelo aur ban jao elite class.
    Best of luck
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly