Current Affairs for Prelims 2019 | Online | Offline | 25th March@5PM
Course is available in both Online & Offline Mode.
Join Online Classes | Join Offline Classes | Click here to know more
We are hiring!

Delay in getting OBC NCL certificate.

I applied for OBC NCL on 12th February, so ideally should have been getting the OBC NCL certificate on 12th of March (within 30 days) but I am pretty sure it will be delayed due to lethargic officials who don't adhere to the 30-day period. In case I don't get the OBC NCL certificate on/before 18th of March, that is, the last date of closing of application for Prelims, do I stand to lose my OBC benefit? Please reply, as I am unable to focus on studies thinking about this issue.

Comments

  • Gogoi123 said:

    I applied for OBC NCL on 12th February, so ideally should have been getting the OBC NCL certificate on 12th of March (within 30 days) but I am pretty sure it will be delayed due to lethargic officials who don't adhere to the 30-day period. In case I don't get the OBC NCL certificate on/before 18th of March, that is, the last date of closing of application for Prelims, do I stand to lose my OBC benefit? Please reply, as I am unable to focus on studies thinking about this issue.

    Don't worry. Apply with old certificate date. Your candidature will be considered under OBC. But make sure you get original one before filling out mains form in July or August.
  • Dead Man said:

    Gogoi123 said:

    I applied for OBC NCL on 12th February, so ideally should have been getting the OBC NCL certificate on 12th of March (within 30 days) but I am pretty sure it will be delayed due to lethargic officials who don't adhere to the 30-day period. In case I don't get the OBC NCL certificate on/before 18th of March, that is, the last date of closing of application for Prelims, do I stand to lose my OBC benefit? Please reply, as I am unable to focus on studies thinking about this issue.

    Don't worry. Apply with old certificate date. Your candidature will be considered under OBC. But make sure you get original one before filling out mains form in July or August.
    Thanks, but in that case, why is it written in the notification that all certificate has to be dated before the last date of applying for CASE, that is, 18th of March?
  • Guys please reply.
  • Don’t worry.
    It’s the normal procedure for all such examinations.
    If you have old certificate, then that would do.
    UPSC is lenient in this regard.
    But make sure you get it updated.
  • vibhor6 said:

    Don’t worry.
    It’s the normal procedure for all such examinations.
    If you have old certificate, then that would do.
    UPSC is lenient in this regard.
    But make sure you get it updated.

    Thanks a lot.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google