MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY   FRESH BATCH BEGINS WITH FREE SEMINAR:5TH JAN'19 @ 11 AM
MITRASIAS: 39 PUSA ROAD SAMAYAK TOWER OPP. METRO PILLAR 120
Further Details Please Call us: 01145505509

[Life] To people over 29 + , who are still 'aspirants'

People over 27+,
As somebody who is inching towards 27, I am curious to know how other people are taking matters like our age, its related confusions, age-related confusions etc. I am seriously worried about my age .sometimes the thought of the consequences would terrify me and some rumor bombs too,
I am a 27 year old guy and I am curious to know how other aspirants are taking this stuff
And all the best for all :)

Comments

• my birth year is 1985......and honestly it sucks in Indian system at times...when i was 22, i used to think that who the hell cares for society and its system...but now, from here, i can say that everyone cares...
    its not that i m in tension 24 7 ... i do understand that everyone has different lives and different goals...i have mine and i m working on it...but still sometimes the pressure took on me...all friends getting married and even many are parents now...its difficult...
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.
  • 28+ and future still uncertain. Brilliant feeling, but wouldn't recommend it.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • edited January 2014
    Enjoying being 29+ , running towards 30 this year .. I'm really experimenting with my life, and enjoying every bit of it . ;)
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • edited January 2014
    @jye21

ab ye kaun sa child marriage kiya logon ne ki 27 mein hi parents ban gaye :o...achcha hai tum in sab se bache huwe ho...waise mein bhi senior bachcha hoon :P birth year 1985
    Gambit-"Once you go black ,you will never turn back."

Working Professional
    2nd Attempt
    CSE 2012 Interview
    CSE 2014 Anthropology/Political Science
  • I am already 30 and turning 31 in April - Does it matter ? There are bigger and important things to get worried - Learn from me you will not get anything unless you are true to your inner voice. Age is just the number. Choices and energy should belong to you wherever you go and whatever you do
    bottomline - "No liability" is the key regardless of it;s classification(Mental, physical and financial).
  • Will be 27 very soon and still no clue what I want to do. Have a good job but my heart is elsewhere.

Keep Walking is what I have learned in life ! :P
  • I was born in 1985 . Am working since last 5 years but never felt the thrill that I feel since I decided to go for CSE . Enjoy your age mate.... Earlier people used to marry and settle by 23-25 but now 30+ is the new 25 ...
    " DO NOT CRIB "
  • Bhai just a thought. Tum to launde ho ladkiyon ka kya hoga (Imagine What will happen to girls this age) . It matters but so what can we do. Many many things immaterial matter.
    and Drona asked,"what do you see?","the sparrow's eye!"......and Krishna replied,"Turning their discerning mind to That, directing their whole conscious being to That, making That their whole aim and the sole object of their devotion, they go whence there is no return"
  • Amazing!
    Now I am happy that there are so many people with me in this journey :)
    I was seriously thinking about this thing. I am 27, and all of my peers are ‘settled’ and one of my cousins has been searching for a bride too. Sometimes it would make me frustrated that they are having all the’ fun’. I know I was wrong in it. Yes, our dreams and the fulfillment of it is important that other people’s unnecessary concerns about us.
    Wish you all the best again bhaiyon aur behenon :)
  • 1988 born, gonna be 26 this sep and even i feel its a crisis situation. i wonder how many of you are working?? i left my first job after mba , just after 5 months and since nov 2012 i have been preparing full time.
  • @diplomatically27

Bhai ye 'over 27 +' kya hota hai waise =))
    Yunan-o-Misr-o-Roma Sab Mit Gaye Jahan Se
    Ab Tak Magar Hai Baki Naam-o-Nishan Hamara
    Kuchh Baat Hai Ke Hasti Mit’ti Nahin Hamari
    Sadiyon Raha Hai Dushman Daur-e-Zaman Hamara...jai hind
  • edited January 2014
    1985 born..28 already..and no job ..left it exactly a year back after working for 2 years...currently preparing full time
    Howz life treating me...IGNORANCE IS BLISS if u know what i mean..
    I like to live in my own world...so that takes away any pressure that might build up...
    Patience is the key in this exam and as u age patience starts running out...so just get hold of urself for these moments..and keep calm no matter what..
    Im not worried for now..but inside i know time is limited..so enjoy every moment..coz this time will never come back...enjoy life..study hard too and in my case im a football freak..so that passion keeps me going whenever studies become tough...

HOGA YA NAHIN...JUST GIVE IT UR BEST SHOT...!!
    Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
  • 1985 born..28 already..and no job ..left it exactly a year back after working for 2 years...currently preparing full time
    I like to live in my own world...so that takes away any pressure that might build up...
    Patience is the key in this exam and as u age patience starts running out...so just get hold of urself for these moments..and keep calm no matter what..
    Im not worried for now..but inside i know time is limited..so enjoy every moment..coz this time will never come back...enjoy life..study hard too and in my case im a football freak..so that passion keeps me going whenever studies become tough...

Kudos to your spirit man ! :D

Expecting a call for mains?
    I am not even expecting one and its terrorizing me !
  • I will turn 27 this December. Experiences shared by you guys will help me in the long run. Thanks a lot everyone.
    You can visit my Blawg at http://www.desikanoon.co.in
  • bhai logon turned 27 this year, working full time. 2013 was first attempt, not expecting a interview call. Although I am earning a decent salary, not very satisfied. I guess the motivation to do something that goes beyond our own self interests is what drives us all towards this exam. On the personal front also cracking this exam is going to help immensely as the other party has made it clear ki unka pati to sirf administration mein hi hoga :)

Hopefully will make the cut
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe -
  • ....as the other party has made it clear ki unka pati to sirf administration mein hi hoga :)
    ROFL... this must be such an inspiration!
    Sharpen your axe, before cutting down the tree...
  • in my 30...........i sometime sit and wonder what was i doing all these years? as long as i can remember i have been feeling and doing almost the same things......reading, i have a job now and i love it yet is there peace in life..........? no. people ask me when i would settle down........where i see my self in next five years and i feel utterly bewildered when i have no answer to that question.........!!!!
  • edited January 2014
    @all bhai log I entered this 'susceptible' age group three months back. I feel someone who doesn't belong to this age group won't understand our susceptibility. :-) ok here's my 'little' banal story..

I first attempted Civil Services in 2011 without ever reading a page about this exam (as I had applied just because my parents insisted). I was working with a public sector bank & was posted pretty much near the Indo-Pak border and filled in Chandigarh as my centre and went to have some fun in the city as I was bored as hell at the place of my posting. But one day, while i was having beer with a friend, :-P the prelims result was declared & it showed my roll number in it! I never understood how! I drank a couple more than my usual quota and pretty much collapsed. :-) By the time I realised the 'need' to study for mains, only 45 days were left and I was even yet to look at the syllabus. I ran from my job (medical etc.) n hurriedly collected some material and started studying whatever I could. Also the optionals I had filled in were Psychology and English Literature as at the time of filling the DAF, I 'thought' I would 'like' to study these subjects as they have always interested me but alas I was and always will be a 'Five Point Someone' engineer. I tried hard to study but I ended up doing pretty much nothing as I just about managed to understand the enormity of the task ahead. I sat through all the 9 exams and wrote what I could. UPSC awarded me 515/2000, much much more than I expected but I guess everyone got good marks that year as the cutoff was 842/2000.

I left my job and prepared for 8-9 months this time around. I am not much hopeful this time either, but yes I did much better than my previous escapade. :-)

@all best of luck bhailog.. dil se.. :-) n sorry for the lengthy post.. bhawnaon pe kaabu nahi raha.. :-P I hope you guys make it this time around.. or else live to fight another day..

@siddy248 me too a big big football fanatic! can't imagine life without it. Almost left my studies n stuff to be a football pro (when I was younger.. :-))
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
  • 1985 born, therefore 28+ ,
    working for 5.5 years... hence can not devote full time to prep,
    Married... hence can not devote adequate amount of time to studies and also can't leave job.

But there is something that doesn't let me quit and enjoy a settled life... I enjoy struggling :)
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
  • Hello brethren,
    I am glad that I got this much response. I was anxious, seriously about my age and still now I am worried too, a bit about it. But some doubts remain not clarified, like how many of you are studying from home without coaching, how do you manage stress and pressure then coupled with our joblessness? Well, I’m just curious.
    I am a newbie here and I enjoyed most of the posts here. Keep sharing your stories and let’s motivate each other :)
  • edited January 2014
    1985 born..28 already..and no job ..left it exactly a year back after working for 2 years...currently preparing full time

Kudos to your spirit man ! :D

Expecting a call for mains?
    I am not even expecting one and its terrorizing me !
    I didnt write mains this year (2013)... :(

Will do as and when my luck ticks yes to my hard work... :)

Its not terrorizing me..
    The only thing that terrorized me was how would i wake up after sleeping at 2 30 am on 26th may...and run for my exam...i hardly slept for 3 hours..and yet gave the paper...in case ur wondering why i slept late when almost every other aspirant would have dozed off maximum by 12 ....little matter of champions league final.. :P
    Thats what football does...takes away the terror ...and embarks on a theatrical journey...
    Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
  • edited January 2014
    in my 30...........i sometime sit and wonder what was i doing all these years? as long as i can remember i have been feeling and doing almost the same things......reading, i have a job now and i love it yet is there peace in life..........? no. people ask me when i would settle down........where i see my self in next five years and i feel utterly bewildered when i have no answer to that question.........!!!!
    Brilliant sir... not yet in my 30's but i can totally imagine ur scenario...

"Do What You Love ...Else You Shall Be Forced To Love What You Do"

@footballfanatics

Football is our passion and makes us forget problems tensions..call them whatever...
    Istanbul final of 2005 makes me believe...NEVER EVER GIVE UP...no matter what the situation is ...even in exam hall one might start to give up after seeing the question paper...thats when not giving up is of utmost importance...and football teaches u that...
  • edited January 2014
    Istanbul Final was epic but the king of all comebacks was at Camp Nou in 1999.

And Solskjaer has won it!!!

*Goosebumps*
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
  • I just turned 26 on 21st Jan.

Was relieved from my office on 21st too as I had resigned earlier.The best feeling in this world is to be in control of your life .Marriage, money n every other thing fails in front of this feeling.

So all I want to say to my friends here is to enjoy your life as it is because the very fact that it is we ourselves n noone else who is forcing us to make decisions for our life is pretty important .
    We oursleves have decided to give the most toughest exam a try and in this journey age is the sacrifice that we all are ready to make.Its an occupational hazard but a one which is worthy and more satisfying than all other . . .
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • edited January 2014
    @PoliceWala
    Never a Man utd fan..but that game on 26th may 1999...was destined to go man utds way
    Bayern hit the post so many times but ...its destiny..as they say

Istanbul Final was not just destiny ...it was the belief and never give up thing that took us over the line...

The weight of the world on his shoulders , There will be no second chances if Shevchenko misses !!!
    He saved it ...European cup is returning to England and to Anfield...Liverpool are Champions of Europe Again !

*Goosebumps*
  • iss forum ka sabse senior member kaun hai?
    Gambit-"Once you go black ,you will never turn back."

Working Professional
    2nd Attempt
    CSE 2012 Interview
    CSE 2014 Anthropology/Political Science
  • Well, I just turned 30 in December... 2013 was my second attempt but first serious attempt as 2012 was kind of stroll in the park where I cleared prelims because of aptitude test. CAT ka experience kaam aa gaya tha. Though I am not having any kind of blues as to what will happen if I don't get selected and all. The reason behind that is I am an engineer (E & C) and MBA in HR and after that I have 4.5 years of experience as an HR professional. So I do have back up options that I can fall upon even if I fail in CSE 2013 although I am pretty hopeful for getting an interview call this time based on my performance in Mains. I left my lucrative job at such a stage when I was heading the entire HR department in a middle sized MNC for civil services and I am very much happy with the choices I have made.

On the personal front I am already settled, married for more than 4 years now :D :D :D

Moreover its all written in destiny ... One can't say what life has in store for them.. Lets see what life has got for me...
    2012: Mains | 2013: Interview | 2014: IRTS | 2015: IPS | 2016: Uncharted Territory
    Step by step success is written in my destiny
  • If your dreams dont scare you, they are not big enough [-X =D>
    Yunan-o-Misr-o-Roma Sab Mit Gaye Jahan Se
    Ab Tak Magar Hai Baki Naam-o-Nishan Hamara
    Kuchh Baat Hai Ke Hasti Mit’ti Nahin Hamari
    Sadiyon Raha Hai Dushman Daur-e-Zaman Hamara...jai hind
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog