Current Affairs for Prelims 2019 | Online | Offline | 25th March@5PM
Course is available in both Online & Offline Mode.
Join Online Classes | Join Offline Classes | Click here to know more
We are hiring!

How to avoid attraction towards opposite sex?

From last few days, in coaching class I am getting attracted towards a girl....we will chat together, we will go for the chai after the class , we will exchange notes and consequently will talk along....Deep down, I know that it will be a catastrophe for me, given cut throat competition in this field but still I am not able to help me out. What should be my course of action from here on. please help me out. Also, please provide general points for avoiding attraction towards opposite sex at this age. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Kaat do.
    爱屋及乌
  • Bhai in next class itself call her "sister....u r really helpful..." Sab khatm instantly.
    Nd for future always prevention is better than cure......just avoid the girls....dont feel hesitate to sideline nd ignore.....its mine rest ur
    He always give the best for us......so never complain
  • Sappling said:

Bhai in next class itself call her "sister....u r really helpful..." Sab khatm instantly.
    Nd for future always prevention is better than cure......just avoid the girls....dont feel hesitate to sideline nd ignore.....its mine rest ur

thanks
  • Make her your sister or tell her indirectly that you see her as your best friend (or sister). It will be difficult for you initially but in the due course of time you will get your attention back to productive activities. My roommate (in ORN) was in similar situation and when girl was about to propose him on one day (first of all he was very nervous and didn't want to get into relationship but was equally attracted to that girl) he suddenly told her he see her as his sister and bang on she suddenly snapped all ties with him (though they talk to each other but it's not like what was earlier). Analyse your situation and see whether she is also interested in you or not. It might be that she's just being friendly and don't see you as someone more than a bf. Alternatively you can gradually start distancing your self from her like sitting somewhere else or find some male friend and start sitting next to him and if possible after class walk to home with your friend. Block fb, WhatsApp, telegram, Instagram on your phone as well as your PC (don't block her) so that you can divert yourself to study.
  • Dead Man said:

Make her your sister or tell her indirectly that you see her as your best friend (or sister). It will be difficult for you initially but in the due course of time you will get your attention back to productive activities. My roommate (in ORN) was in similar situation and when girl was about to propose him on one day (first of all he was very nervous and didn't want to get into relationship but was equally attracted to that girl) he suddenly told her he see her as his sister and bang on she suddenly snapped all ties with him (though they talk to each other but it's not like what was earlier). Analyse your situation and see whether she is also interested in you or not. It might be that she's just being friendly and don't see you as someone more than a bf. Alternatively you can gradually start distancing your self from her like sitting somewhere else or find some male friend and start sitting next to him and if possible after class walk to home with your friend. Block fb, WhatsApp, telegram, Instagram on your phone as well as your PC (don't block her) so that you can divert yourself to study.

my situation is exactly like your friend's situation, where I like her but don't want to get into the relationship... your reply is really helpful....thank you very much
  • Try getting attracted towards same sex.

Masterpiece ;-)
  • From last few days, in coaching class I am getting attracted towards a girl....we will chat together, we will go for the chai after the class , we will exchange notes and consequently will talk along....Deep down, I know that it will be a catastrophe for me, given cut throat competition in this field but still I am not able to help me out. What should be my course of action from here on. please help me out. Also, please provide general points for avoiding attraction towards opposite sex at this age. Thanks in advance.

Get attracted if you are getting attracted. There are many examples of people in relationship and even marriage, topping the civil services exam.

But if your choice is shitty or you are too much pulled towards by someone by superficial features (should not happen if you are over 24-25, generally), then avoid the person completely.

We are nothing but made of hormones and neurons. Balancing them is the key to everything. Learn to differentiate healthy food and Protein from calories and junk food. Good luck.
  • From last few days, in coaching class I am getting attracted towards a girl....we will chat together, we will go for the chai after the class , we will exchange notes and consequently will talk along....Deep down, I know that it will be a catastrophe for me, given cut throat competition in this field but still I am not able to help me out. What should be my course of action from here on. please help me out. Also, please provide general points for avoiding attraction towards opposite sex at this age. Thanks in advance.

Get attracted if you are getting attracted. There are many examples of people in relationship and even marriage, topping the civil services exam.

But if your choice is shitty or you are too much pulled towards by someone by superficial features (should not happen if you are over 24-25, generally), then avoid the person completely.

We are nothing but made of hormones and neurons. Balancing them is the key to everything. Learn to differentiate healthy food and Protein from calories and junk food. Good luck.
    thank you very much

very bad advise
    HUSTLE

Bro if u getting serious about her then you need to maintain distance ....start avoiding .....and if feelings are mere infatuatiom then enjoy give daily 30-40 mins to her it will be more of stress buster ....most of the girls do same with us ....

:joy: :joy:
    I just knew it , you will come up with out of the box idea :D

very bad advise
    Indeed :o

• This thread shows why forum will always be ahead of quest :joy:
  • edited March 2

From last few days, in coaching class I am getting attracted towards a girl....we will chat together, we will go for the chai after the class , we will exchange notes and consequently will talk along....Deep down, I know that it will be a catastrophe for me, given cut throat competition in this field but still I am not able to help me out. What should be my course of action from here on. please help me out. Also, please provide general points for avoiding attraction towards opposite sex at this age. Thanks in advance.

very bad advise
    Chaliye chhodiye
  • Bhai .. a simple piece of advise from my side also :o

Just go far far away from her , which I believe you can’t do as you two are in same coaching.
    Then make her your sister ( this option is hilarious though :D )
    But These two things you have already been advised . My point is
    Serenity takes back stage when budding love enters . So there is no point in struggling to control your feeling while being with her . So better be away , far far away
  • edited March 2
    Sar pe ustra lagwa le aur usse direct kehde ki you want to have coitus/one night stand/FWB relationship with her.

Sister wali advice toh ghatiya hai ekdum, PTA nhi log ajkal words ki value kyu nhi samjhte..... you're having an infatuation usko sister kbhi mat bolna.

That's all, she'll never speak to you again .
    :)
  • Vagarant said:

Sar pe ustra lagwa le aur usse direct kehde ki you want to have coitus/one night stand/FWB relationship with her.

Sister wali advice toh ghatiya hai ekdum, PTA nhi log ajkal words ki value kyu nhi samjhte..... you're having an infatuation usko sister kbhi mat bolna.

Agree
  • Vagarant said:

:+1: :+1:
  • NoName13 said:

Vagarant said:

Agree
    I know that advise is wierd but it works for the cases where there is attraction towards opposite sex but for some reason you don't want to get into relationship and you are not actually into the relationship.
  • Meko samjh ni arha h why u avoiding her ......bro understanding lao I think u both r mature adults ...... Aiyashi karni h toh baat alag .....padhna toh usko bhi hoga or it's only u who wants to study ......bro dun leave her fir dobara patane Mei time waste karoge after pre/mains
  • Vagarant said:

Yaar hospital me bhi to sister Hoti hai... Par wo bahan thorehi na Hoti hai... We can always play, if we use English :smiley:
  • Vagarant said:

Kyuu apni feeling ko hatane ke liye ek girl ki dignity ki dhazziya udana ye show krke that practical u r...."one night stand".....only bcz of such western acquired low grade show off cultures we r seeing such social unrest.....tumhe kya pta yr girls ki feeling kitni high hoti h us bhai se puch jo uske sath time spent kr rha h....i bet he cant even think of such thing.....
    Ghar me bado ke sath baate krke hi sister bnane wale idea aate h fb aur insta chalane se nhi....sb btate h phle rakshabandhan par mere gaon me 150 ghar h sbke ghar jakar meri bua log rakhi bandhte the ek dhaga bass aur uski wajah se jo feeling hoti thi woh wahi smjhega jo feel kre.....
    Sry bro nt personal sirf counter kiya ki hm sister bnakr apna bhi bhala kr rhe h aur us sister ka bhai
    He always give the best for us......so never complain
  • edited March 2
    litt_2019 said:

Meko samjh ni arha h why u avoiding her ......bro understanding lao I think u both r mature adults ...... Aiyashi karni h toh baat alag .....padhna toh usko bhi hoga or it's only u who wants to study ......bro dun leave her fir dobara patane Mei time waste karoge after pre/mains

+1

Ek se bhale do hote hain prep me... Age ja kar CSE prep me bahut boredom ata hai.... Issiliye if she is studious do not let her go .... Neverever
    Larka roommate aur iss larki me ek hi chij extra hoga...ie sex.... So do that... If u can stick to one , do not let her go. She can be ur best friend... And I have seen opposite gender help more
  • edited March 2
    While I breathe, I hope
  • Man what's your age? Sorry for asking, but advice to a 21 year aspirant will be different from a 26 year aspirant.
    PSIR
  • litt_2019 said:

Meko samjh ni arha h why u avoiding her ......bro understanding lao I think u both r mature adults ...... Aiyashi karni h toh baat alag .....padhna toh usko bhi hoga or it's only u who wants to study ......bro dun leave her fir dobara patane Mei time waste karoge after pre/mains

+1

Ek se bhale do hote hain prep me... Age ja kar CSE prep me bahut boredom ata hai.... Issiliye if she is studious do not let her go .... Neverever
    Larka roommate aur iss larki me ek hi chij extra hoga...ie sex.... So do that... If u can stick to one , do not let her go. She can be ur best friend... And I have seen opposite gender help more
    Sahi Mei I dun understand why people keep running away....and bro sex is part of life ( best stress buster) and if u also dun want physical relationship thn also dun leave her ( Bhai iss exam emotional support is one of the essential part) but make sure that dun indulge in love shove ye sab faltu h Bhai
  • litt_2019 said:

+1 I suggested the same. If a girl or boy is very studious and committed towards preparation then it will boost preparation instead of affecting negatively. Cannot take names but know many toppers (Rank 1 to 5) who had been in live in relationships in Delhi. Be a power couple.

That's why IIM Ahmedabad professor Dholakia once said; we do not have any problem with girls and boys living together here or going in each others' rooms. They are mature adults and it's not a teenager's place.
  • litt_2019 said:

+1 I suggested the same. If a girl or boy is very studious and committed towards preparation then it will boost preparation instead of affecting negatively. Cannot take names but know many toppers (Rank 1 to 5) who had been in live in relationships in Delhi. Be a power couple.

That's why IIM Ahmedabad professor Dholakia once said; we do not have any problem with girls and boys living together here or going in each others' rooms. They are mature adults and it's not a teenager's place.
    Yes bro ....once u both get into studies it will be fruitful .....and chahe kitna acha friend ( m talking about friend ) he will be bit selfish while helping you ( aur woh coherence ni ati) I miss orn lol
  • litt_2019 said:

litt_2019 said:

+1

Sahi Mei I dun understand why people keep running away....and bro sex is part of life ( best stress buster) and if u also dun want physical relationship thn also dun leave her ( Bhai iss exam emotional support is one of the essential part) but make sure that dun indulge in love shove ye sab faltu h Bhai
    O came to write this only... Sex is an activity that has stress buster as effect..
    And not can take care of each other as boys as good friends do to avoid unnecessary stressful fights...
    And everyone wants to marry and CSE is part of life like sex and marriage...nothing can fully be called life... So do imp things parallel of u are mature enough and can handle mature stuff
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google