We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

Serious question to Forumias community , and way forward ?

We read about so many schemes , so many ways gvt has come up with to help the needy . But most of then are not visible on ground . Case in point
I went to a govt hospital for a checkup ( i can afford a private consultation , but i believe that govt doctors are as qualified as any other doctor , so keeping bias aside i wanted to give the govt hospital a try ) . i was prescribed medication worth ₹ 1000 . so i went back to doctor to get alternate medication prescribed . so below is Tl;dr version of what he said

1. he won't prescribe the Generic medication , as they are useless ( but This notification mandates all doctors even private doctors) (also refer this
2. He was rude , dismissive which implies he hasn't prescribed cheaper medications ever .
3. Further went to HOD , who said the same thing that they never prescribe generic medications .

My question to our community ( doctors in particular )
a.if you believe that genric are useless , why were rules amended , and do not doctor fraternity must have overwhelmingly opposed it and got the govt to roll it back
b. If a patient is asking for same , coz he/she cannot afford expensive medication , why won't the docs write medication ( that is available , eg the medication i was asked to buy was available via jan aushadhi at 1/5th of cost and some at 1/8th of cost)
c. what is the way forward , should one approach the HC for implementation of govt orders that at least the govt. hospital must have followed in first place ? )

p.s i know its not the time for this ( less than 100 days remaining for prelims, but this seriously makes me worry ) , what is the logic of studying so much , when there is no onground change ( the health secretary is a IAS )

HUSTLE

Comments

• _k__k_
    edited February 25
    commission jyada milta hoga non-generic prescribe krne ke liye.

• _k_ said:

commission jyada milta hoga non-generic prescribe krne ke liye.

But they officially refused , even the h.o.d
    HUSTLE
  • edited February 25

We read about so many schemes , so many ways gvt has come up with to help the needy . But most of then are not visible on ground . Case in point
    I went to a govt hospital for a checkup ( i can afford a private consultation , but i believe that govt doctors are as qualified as any other doctor , so keeping bias aside i wanted to give the govt hospital a try ) . i was prescribed medication worth ₹ 1000 . so i went back to doctor to get alternate medication prescribed . so below is Tl;dr version of what he said

1. he won't prescribe the Generic medication , as they are useless ( but This notification mandates all doctors even private doctors) (also refer this
    2. He was rude , dismissive which implies he hasn't prescribed cheaper medications ever .
    3. Further went to HOD , who said the same thing that they never prescribe generic medications .

a.if you believe that genric are useless , why were rules amended , and do not doctor fraternity must have overwhelmingly opposed it and got the govt to roll it back
    b. If a patient is asking for same , coz he/she cannot afford expensive medication , why won't the docs write medication ( that is available , eg the medication i was asked to buy was available via jan aushadhi at 1/5th of cost and some at 1/8th of cost)
    c. what is the way forward , should one approach the HC for implementation of govt orders that at least the govt. hospital must have followed in first place ? )

p.s i know its not the time for this ( less than 100 days remaining for prelims, but this seriously makes me worry ) , what is the logic of studying so much , when there is no onground change ( the health secretary is a IAS )

Logic sirf ek hi itna sab padhne ka - IAS mein selection hogaa aur accha lifestyle hoga.....toh bhai yeh soch kar padh lo
  • We read about so many schemes , so many ways gvt has come up with to help the needy . But most of then are not visible on ground . Case in point

Aur bhai jyadaa mat socha karo :trollface:
  • edited February 25
    Although I got myself banned a few days back but just felt tempted to share my story here so made this account :|
    (Apologise for not sticking to question raised here )
    Here’s what happened
    A month back we needed to send some things abroad to my sister . My mother went to post office for the same ( it’s a small town so private guy was charging much higher than post office due to monopoly ) . This was how conversation went ( my mother narrated this to me )
    Lady at counter : you need to pack these things , go get them packed.
    Mom : would you suggest what sort of packing would be ok
    Lady pointed at packaging lying over there ( it was like we get amazon boxed packing )
    Post office is little afar from main market . Packaging guy in main market was using trash like cardboard . So mom came back home to get amazon box and got it packed and went to post office
    There a guy was sitting in place of that lady , he told mom to pack it differently , a paper like or may be while polythene like packaging is preferable .
    Mom came back home did polythene type packaging and as instructed wrote name etc on it.
    Finally when she went to post office that lady was sitting there and she asked what was in it . There were some pairs of jewellery but we didn’t know exact no.( these things some people would say are quite obvious, everyone know this but unfortunately my mom didn’t know and since I sleep at day time she didn’t wake me up )
    She gave a form to be filled with exact details.
    It was already very late so mom came back home reopened and repackaged everything and went there next day . And finally it was a success

My point here is .
    1.couldn’t the lady have stated things clearly in the very first instance .
    2. It wasn’t like my mother was in bike or car to just go from one place to another easily .
    i believe here this Michael kremer’s O ring theory is at work
    No matter how good people at higher or mid level bureaucracy is (IAS)
    People working at ground level those at immediate contact with people matter .
    Sorry for such a lengthy post :|

Also when I irritatingly asked mom why didn’t she simply wake me up she innocently replied that she didn’t know it would have taken her these many trips to get a simple thing done and she didn’t want to waste my time :|
  • NoName13 said:

Although I got myself banned a few days back but just felt tempted to share my story here so made this account :|
    (Apologise for not sticking to question raised here )
    Here’s what happened
    A month back we needed to send some things abroad to my sister . My mother went to post office for the same ( it’s a small town so private guy was charging much higher than post office due to monopoly ) . This was how conversation went ( my mother narrated this to me )
    Lady at counter : you need to pack these things , go get them packed.
    Mom : would you suggest what sort of packing would be ok
    Lady pointed at packaging lying over there ( it was like we get amazon boxed packing )
    Post office is little afar from main market . Packaging guy in main market was using trash like cardboard . So mom came back home to get amazon box and got it packed and went to post office
    There a guy was sitting in place of that lady , he told mom to pack it differently , a paper like or may be while polythene like packaging is preferable .
    Mom came back home did polythene type packaging and as instructed wrote name etc on it.
    Finally when she went to post office that lady was sitting there and she asked what was in it . There were some pairs of jewellery but we didn’t know exact no.( these things some people would say are quite obvious, everyone know this but unfortunately my mom didn’t know and since I sleep at day time she didn’t wake me up )
    She gave a form to be filled with exact details.
    It was already very late so mom came back home reopened and repackaged everything and went there next day . And finally it was a success

My point here is .
    1.couldn’t the lady have stated things clearly in the very first instance .
    2. It wasn’t like my mother was in bike or car to just go from one place to another easily .
    i believe here this Michael kremer’s O ring theory is at work
    No matter how good people at higher or mid level bureaucracy is (IAS)
    People working at ground level those at immediate contact with people matter .
    Sorry for such a lengthy post :|

Also when I irritatingly asked mom why didn’t she simply wake me up she innocently replied that she didn’t know it would have taken her these many trips to get a simple thing done and she didn’t want to waste my time :|

that's the thing , and that's by proper training is essential for proper administration .
    i do understand somewhat why people at lower level behave this way , due to shear amount of public dealin they do . the sad reality is no1 working in govt deptt gives a damn about efficiency , in private jobs , if u don't perform you don't get paid as simple as that

my major concern is why the top officials are openly faulting govt directions , specifically given for a particular purpose
    HUSTLE
  • edited February 25
    that's the thing , and that's by proper training is essential for proper administration .
    i do understand somewhat why people at lower level behave this way , due to shear amount of public dealin they do . the sad reality is no1 working in govt deptt gives a damn about efficiency , in private jobs , if u don't perform you don't get paid as simple as that

my major concern is why the top officials are openly faulting govt directions , specifically given for a particular purpose

I due to circumstances got to personally experience things at government institutions in my area
    1.The village school : teachers come in time due to strictness and also go to classes but do not teach . One does not see them sitting idle in groups and carrying on their private work unlike previously but any amount of strictness can’t make them actually teach students .

2.The hospital : well built hospital with all the needed things but doctors don’t come in time . And even if you go there at 1pm doctors will be gone . There is a Gardner there but when my mom asked doctor why there was this concrete and garbage heaps in place of garden . Doctor replied it was not his job , but doctor did respond cordially stating the Gardner appointed by government and he couldn’t make him do work
    3.The dentist is very good so all people go to him taking away work of nearby private clinics . But he might be transferred due to pressure tactics .
    4This BSNL office : OMG , Internet not working is the most irritating thing one experiences . Long story short for 9 months we had broadband connection and every3rd day it stopped working and people coming after 4-5 days like they were DCs needing tea and snacks and sitting at our home lavishly with all the time in their hand . Phones kept ringing and they just ignored it .
    If you go to their office it’s well built , government spent decent amount of money
    Though time is 5pm but even if you go there at 4pm except guard and some administrative staff you will find no one . ( I wish dc to visit it once in 2 months )
    5 . Applying for gst no. : from some dozen issues I will be narrating only 3 here
    My friend applied for gst no.
    Asked to furnish rent agreement ( he stays in rented house ) . He specifically asked if that would be sufficient for sure when got yes , convinced his landlord to enter into agreement
    Went with the same to their office and their got answer that no with this rent deed the document that propert belong to landlord indeed is needed . Now his landlord wouldn’t agree on making such document ( god knows why) . Alternative to this is submitting electricity bill but that’s in his wife’s name

The officials are right in demanding needed documents but my point is why they don’t explain everything in first instance . Had they done so my friend would have got rent deed made on landlords wife name .

People around me say you are far from reality and I feel they simply are right . Talks about ease of doing and good governance fail to effectuate due to these people at lowest level of administration failing to deliver .
    This them being overburdened I felt in 2 cases
    1 PGI Chandigarh
    2 JNVs
    Ahh .. that’s it . I don’t think any ones gonna read it :D

• NoName13 said:

I due to circumstances got to personally experience things at government institutions in my area
    1.The village school : teachers come in time due to strictness and also go to classes but do not teach . One does not see them sitting idle in groups and carrying on their private work unlike previously but any amount of strictness can’t make them actually teach students .

2.The hospital : well built hospital with all the needed things but doctors don’t come in time . And even if you go there at 1pm doctors will be gone . There is a Gardner there but when my mom asked doctor why there was this concrete and garbage heaps in place of garden . Doctor replied it was not his job , but doctor did respond cordially stating the Gardner appointed by government and he couldn’t make him do work
    3.The dentist is very good so all people go to him taking away work of nearby private clinics . But he might be transferred due to pressure tactics .
    4This BSNL office : OMG , Internet not working is the most irritating thing one experiences . Long story short for 9 months we had broadband connection and every3rd day it stopped working and people coming after 4-5 days like they were DCs needing tea and snacks and sitting at our home lavishly with all the time in their hand . Phones kept ringing and they just ignored it .
    If you go to their office it’s well built , government spent decent amount of money
    Though time is 5pm but even if you go there at 4pm except guard and some administrative staff you will find no one . ( I wish dc to visit it once in 2 months )
    5 . Applying for gst no. : from some dozen issues I will be narrating only 3 here
    My friend applied for gst no.
    Asked to furnish rent agreement ( he stays in rented house ) . He specifically asked if that would be sufficient for sure when got yes , convinced his landlord to enter into agreement
    Went with the same to their office and their got answer that no with this rent deed the document that property belong to landlord indeed is needed . Now his landlord wouldn’t agree on making such document ( god knows why) . Alternative to this is submitting electricity bill but that’s in his wife’s name

The officials are right in demanding needed documents but my point is why they don’t explain everything in first instance . Had they done so my friend would have got rent deed made on landlords wife name .

People around me say you are far from reality and I feel they simply are right . Talks about ease of doing and good governance fail to effectuate due to these people at lowest level of administration failing to deliver .
    This them being overburdened I felt in 2 cases
    1 PGI Chandigarh
    2 JNVs
    Ahh .. that’s it . I don’t think any ones gonna read it :D

most of us get into the prep for upsc to solve these issues themselves , and a lot of them do remarkable job , i was just astonished today .

as @crazyphoton mentioned in one of his blog posts , that there are so many rules that even for an administrator it's impossible to keep track of them , let alone an person from "aam junta" .
    HUSTLE
  • edited February 25
    Private clinics are no better.
    They want you to 'visit' them atleast 2-3 time for any ailment and for every visit they charge the same anything from 500-1500. They don't even spend 5 minutes or provide a cup of coffee. Thieves
  • ruush said:

They want you to 'visit' them atleast 2-3 time for any ailment and for every visit they charge the same anything from 500-1500. They don't even spend 5 minutes or provide a cup of coffee. Thieves

I think patients don't require coffee and relatives of that patient are not on a picnic trip
    So in both of the cases coffee is unnecessary :trollface:
  • ruush said:

:lol:
  • sss123 said:

Logic sirf ek hi itna sab padhne ka - IAS mein selection hogaa aur accha lifestyle hoga.....toh bhai yeh soch kar padh lo
    True :trollface:
    PSIR
  • This is just the last post from my side to vent out my frustration or rather awkward surprises I got to experience,
    then m gonna log out and save your time
    A few days back our areas MLA was in our village sarpanch home My mom went to meet her and request her doing something about pearls Ponzi scheme thing ( our money is stuck there )
    Surprisingly
    1. When she asked question to that mla her husband replied . She simply was mum . Husband doing the talking . Her being so was a national news but nothing changed . I think CM simply allocated her a different portfolio to keep her away from headlines
    2. Lady sarpanch of our village was in kitchen making tea and her husband was doing the talking
    3. Two women members ( panch , our neighbourhood aunty they are ) were no where to be seen rather their husbands were there enjoying the gathering
    4. This thing was so disturbing for me , things like women from poor ( socially or economically) families are usually less empowered do not fit here . Who could be more empowered than an MLA.
    5. There were hell lot of bodyguards and police men to take care of those fragile , delicate bodies and a full party like atmosphere . ( the barfi I otherwise don’t like but mother just brought one piece for me to have me taste it and I never ever had eaten such tasty barfi )so much of public money spent on maintaining their super ego .

Anyways I felt it’s harmful to be super observant you end up being devoid of joy ness and fun in your life .
    This quote is so dear to me probably for this reason
    Thanks for reading .
    E1E4A752-C5BE-4E84-98B3-9944E8A2B58B.jpeg
    960 x 960 - 34K
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google