EWS Certificate

Comments

• GaryVee said:

Rail_life said:

GaryVee said:

Rail_life said:

kkm said:

Rail_life said:

My 2 sister are earning both unmarried and earns more thn 8l, don't have parents
    Will i get the benefit of ews?

Yes u will get
    How sir?

Somebody is saying i will not get
    The DoPT notification says, 'The term "Family" for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.'

Assuming your sisters are above 18, you are eligible.
    Can u throw some more light?
    Or any official docs

I reiterate my doubt

In my family me and my 2 sister are there,their earning is greater thn 8 lakh we don't have house no agro land nothing

Can i eligible?

@GaryVee
    Refer to the the attached DoPT notification. It says that Family Income will include: Your income + your parents' income + income of your minor siblings + income of your spouse and minor children.

So, you should me eligible, since your sisters are not minors.
    Thank you so much bhai
  • Rail_life said:

GaryVee said:

Rail_life said:

GaryVee said:

Rail_life said:

kkm said:

Rail_life said:

My 2 sister are earning both unmarried and earns more thn 8l, don't have parents
    Will i get the benefit of ews?

Yes u will get
    How sir?

Somebody is saying i will not get
    The DoPT notification says, 'The term "Family" for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.'

Assuming your sisters are above 18, you are eligible.
    Can u throw some more light?
    Or any official docs

I reiterate my doubt

In my family me and my 2 sister are there,their earning is greater thn 8 lakh we don't have house no agro land nothing

Can i eligible?

@GaryVee
    Refer to the the attached DoPT notification. It says that Family Income will include: Your income + your parents' income + income of your minor siblings + income of your spouse and minor children.

So, you should me eligible, since your sisters are not minors.
    Thank you so much bhai
    You're welcome! :)
  • Mujhe ek baat bataiye ...suppose if my father is a small Businessman so his income varies every year ! This RS.8 lakh income is just for the last financial year or while scrutinizing UPSC will consider last 3 years or something like that ! Suppose last 3 saal mein ek Baar Rs.8 lakh cross hua hai toh eligibility rahegi ya nahin ?
    Sab yeh sochte hai ki hero woh hota hai joh jeetta hai.
    mera yeh manana hai ki hero woh hai joh haarta hai ... kyun ki wohi jaanta hai jeetne ki asli value!
  • Can anyone tell my state is not issuing that ews certificate right now. But upsc notification has come. The Dopt document page No 7 annexure- income and asset certificate - where to get it certified. My district's administration refuses to do so.

• Screenshot_2019-02-20-12-38-46-787_com.foxit.mobile.pdf.lite.png
    720 x 1280 - 66K
  • edited February 20
    kpg said:

Can anyone tell my state is not issuing that ews certificate right now. But upsc notification has come. The Dopt document page No 7 annexure- income and asset certificate - where to get it certified. My district's administration refuses to do so.

Up also ..tehdildars r simply unaware of it ....what is happening !! :/
    They might say later to bring any random document which may b difficult for us or ask for thousands of rupees ... What to do....
  • I have one query..

Suppose if the EwS cutoff -110.
    And general cutoff is 100..

And if i am belong from generak EwS and got 105 marks..
    Then i can consider for general category...????

[ Note : situation is possible that EWS cutoff may go high then general...as 90% general candidates are eligible for Ews ....
    Please anyone ????
  • india1990 said:

I have one query..

[ Note : situation is possible that EWS cutoff may go high then general...as 90% general candidates are eligible for Ews ....
    Please anyone ????

The above case that you have mentioned is theoretically possible but will not happen in reality. In worst case ews cutoff will be equal to general cutoff but not more. And yes if you secure more marks in pre than general cutoff you will be alloted general seat
    36 ka aankda with upsc
  • chokeslam said:

india1990 said:

I have one query..

Please anyone ????

The above case that you have mentioned is theoretically possible but will not happen in reality. In worst case ews cutoff will be equal to general cutoff but not more. And yes if you secure more marks in pre than general cutoff you will be alloted general seat
    If anyone get general marks in pre & applied for ews but unable to produce ews certificate , then at time of mains can he become general ?
  • Mujhe ek baat bataiye ...suppose if my father is a small Businessman so his income varies every year ! This RS.8 lakh income is just for the last financial year or while scrutinizing UPSC will consider last 3 years or something like that ! Suppose last 3 saal mein ek Baar Rs.8 lakh cross hua hai toh eligibility rahegi ya nahin ?

Income only for the financial year prior to the year of application will be considered.

You can check the DoPT notification to confirm. I have attached it in an earlier comment.
  • GaryVee said:

Mujhe ek baat bataiye ...suppose if my father is a small Businessman so his income varies every year ! This RS.8 lakh income is just for the last financial year or while scrutinizing UPSC will consider last 3 years or something like that ! Suppose last 3 saal mein ek Baar Rs.8 lakh cross hua hai toh eligibility rahegi ya nahin ?

Income only for the financial year prior to the year of application will be considered.

You can check the DoPT notification to confirm. I have attached it in an earlier comment.
    So financial year 2018-19 will be needed right ; assessment year 2019-20..which I will be filing now in March !
    mera yeh manana hai ki hero woh hai joh haarta hai ... kyun ki wohi jaanta hai jeetne ki asli value!
  • scrooge said:

chokeslam said:

india1990 said:

I have one query..

Please anyone ????

If anyone get general marks in pre & applied for ews but unable to produce ews certificate , then at time of mains can he become general ?
    According to many candidates you may be allowed in general but i think it is a risky thing to do. Rest upto you.
    36 ka aankda with upsc
  • GaryVee said:

Mujhe ek baat bataiye ...suppose if my father is a small Businessman so his income varies every year ! This RS.8 lakh income is just for the last financial year or while scrutinizing UPSC will consider last 3 years or something like that ! Suppose last 3 saal mein ek Baar Rs.8 lakh cross hua hai toh eligibility rahegi ya nahin ?

So financial year 2018-19 will be needed right ; assessment year 2019-20..which I will be filing now in March !
    Should be! But, since FY 2018-19 is still going on, I don't know if they'll consider FY 2017-18 as last financial year or 2018-19. :/

Does your income cross 8 lakh in any of these years?
  • GaryVee said:

GaryVee said:

Should be! But, since FY 2018-19 is still going on, I don't know if they'll consider FY 2017-18 as last financial year or 2018-19. :/

Yes it's 878000...can't believe my luck right now ! But I believe as the income certificate has to be of the date before August 2019 ...2018-19 can be considered I dont know really !
  • A couple of more doubts ....which a friend of mine had raised ..

1. He stays in a HUF house ...there are multiple owners of the house ,house belonged to grandfather who is no more ! The size is more than 1000 sq ft what happens in that case

2. Secondly , his mom is a co applicant in a home loan which was taken on his elder brothers name , it's 1200 sqft .So she won't be considered the entire owner of that property right ?

1. He stays in a HUF house ...there are multiple owners of the house ,house belonged to grandfather who is no more ! The size is more than 1000 sq ft what happens in that case

2. Secondly , his mom is a co applicant in a home loan which was taken on his elder brothers name , it's 1200 sqft .So she won't be considered the entire owner of that property right ?

I do not see any problem with point 1 as the family as defined in DOPT circular does not include grand father.

Not sure about point 2.
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade :)
  • Guys I have a doubt:

1. Do the Residential plot include the land on which the my house is built because though my House is smaller than 1000 sqft but the land on which its is greater than 100 sq yard.

Kindly reply.

• Hello guys, I have a doubt.

Do the Residential plot mentioned in the criteria include the plot on which my house is built?

Because though my house is smaller than 1000sq ft the plot on which its built is larger than 100 sq yard.

Please reply.

Thanks
  • GaryVee said:

GaryVee said:

Yes it's 878000...can't believe my luck right now ! But I believe as the income certificate has to be of the date before August 2019 ...2018-19 can be considered I dont know really !
    I think so. But, for OBC community certificate, they were asking that it should be issued before the closing date (18th March) and not before August 2019. The financial year changes in between. :|
  • Hello guys, I have a doubt.

Do the Residential plot mentioned in the criteria include the plot on which my house is built?

Because though my house is smaller than 1000sq ft the plot on which its built is larger than 100 sq yard.

Please reply.

Thanks

If your residential plot is more than 100 sq yards in a notified municipality, you're ineligible, irrespective of house size or family income. You can refer to the DoPT notification to confirm.
  • edited February 20
    GaryVee said:

GaryVee said:

GaryVee said:

I think so. But, for OBC community certificate, they were asking that it should be issued before the closing date (18th March) and not before August 2019. The financial year changes in between. :|
    I really don't know then ! Probably I won't be able to take the benefit !

Being a co-applicant doesn't matter as long as she isn't a co-owner too.

• Screenshot_20190220-192707.jpeg
    1080 x 1920 - 927K
  • Candidates seeking reservation/relaxation benefits available for
    SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD/Ex-servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such
    reservation/relaxation as per eligibility prescribed in the Rules/Notice. They should also be in
    possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as
    stipulated in the Rules/Notice for such benefits, and these certificates should be dated earlier than
    the due date (closing date) of the application of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019.
    Provided further that EWS Candidates can submit their Income and Asset Certificate (certificate of
    eligibility) at the time of submission of online Detailed Application Form (DAF-I). The Income and
    Asset Certificate must be dated earlier than 1st August, 2019. Since reservation for EWS category
    candidates has been notified recently, therefore this extension for submission of certificate for
    EWS category candidates is a one time relaxation applicable for CSE 2019 only.

• I think you're eligible now. :)
  • edited February 20
    GaryVee said:

I think you're eligible now. :)
    thanks for the help :smile:

• Koi yeh bhi batado, what's the advantage of being a ews with respect to
    1) cutoff of pre and mains
    2)rank/cadre(suppose a ews candidate if gets 140 rank or something can he she gets ias ?)
  • GaryVee said:

Hello guys, I have a doubt.

Please reply.

Thanks

If your residential plot is more than 100 sq yards in a notified municipality, you're ineligible, irrespective of house size or family income. You can refer to the DoPT notification to confirm.
    Is the residential plot here refers to empty land or the land on which the house is built.
  • GaryVee said:

Please reply.

Thanks

Is the residential plot here refers to empty land or the land on which the house is built.
    'Residential Plot' would include all your land (built area + empty land). as far as I can tell.

'Residential Flat' would include a flat in an apartment, most probably. That is, no land.

P.S. I am basing this on the DoPT circular. I am not a lawyer. But, if you read the circular, I think you would reach at the same conclusion. Because, if what you're suggesting is true (only empty land counted) then if I have a 150 sq yard plot, I'd build a house on 90 sq yard and leave the rest empty, so that my house is less that 1000 sq feet and my land (empty) is also less than 100 sq yard.
  • GaryVee said:

GaryVee said:

Please reply.

Thanks

'Residential Plot' would include all your land (built area + empty land). as far as I can tell.

'Residential Flat' would include a flat in an apartment, most probably. That is, no land.

P.S. I am basing this on the DoPT circular. I am not a lawyer. But, if you read the circular, I think you would reach at the same conclusion. Because, if what you're suggesting is true (only empty land counted) then if I have a 150 sq yard plot, I'd build a house on 90 sq yard and leave the rest empty, so that my house is less that 1000 sq feet and my land (empty) is also less than 100 sq yard.
    Thanks
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly