with so many people indulging in different debates across social networks , i think this needs to be said
only around hundred days are remaining for prelims , we all must focus our energies towards giving the best for these 100 days
use next 3-4 days to get things in order and try to follow a schedule , which must include and take care of
1. Covering the Static
Now a days everyone is so fixed on covering Current affairs that we tend to skip static topics , ROI on static part is most and revision is the key . if you are not fully done with the static portion , do it now , even if it takes a month or two to cover and revise. If you are already done with it . , Revise! . revising for at least 3 times is the key to deliver in the examination hall.
2. Organise / Discipline yourself
due to our assumption that UPSC means Unpredictable , we tend to refer as many sources we can , spending endless hours in one topic at times . Donot. Make a routine / Timetable / Target beforehand and stick to it no matter what , if somehow something doesnt gets covered , give the extra effort and complete it the next day .
3. Current affairs
Stick to your notes that you have prepared for Prelims over the last year from newspapers for prelims , and even if you haven't (like me) , don't worry , do any one compilation in market and that too not cover to cover . remember that CA will make your qualification ( clearing prelims) easier , but compromising on the static is sure shot recipe for failure .
Give at least 50 prelims tests and revise the weak links, the topics you consistently get confused upon ,. i personally feat the questions where i am confused in two options , yes probability says it will be right 50% of times , but it never does , clarity is the key.
Don't Ignore your health , a bad week can jeopardize your whole month's prep . eat healthy , do brisk walk , keep yourself energised
6. Loneliness / Depression / Fear
Remember everyone goes through this , and most of us are scared too , being scared is good it means you care . talk to people , have some me time , watch movie to refresh your mind , as Arushi mishra mam said in her recent talk
, one must waste time , but waste it constructively
- Focus on marks fetching subjects and master them via revision of limited source , eg MIH , Polity, Economy , Geography
- Do Not ignore subjects like Art and culture , ancient , have a decent enough understanding that if a tackable question comes you are able to make an informed guess
- Write down schedule with pen and parer , literally write it down and stick it where you study
- Minimise internet usage , use just and just for very specific things and keep fixed slot for it
- Give your best shot . like there is no tomorrow , as they say "aar ya paar ki ladai "
UPSC Prelims 2019