We are hiring!

Previous year questions discussions. Share what could be done in exam. Smart elimination.

Okay so i would be starting with 2018 prelims questions which i am still not able to eliminate.
Please contribute.

Comments

• edited February 15
    0)With reference to the provisions made under the National Food Security Act, 2013, consider the following statements:

1.The families coming under the category of ‘below poverty line (BPL)’ only are eligible to receive subsidies food grains.
    2. The eldest woman in a household, of age 18 years or above, shall be the head of the household for the purpose of issuance of a ration card.
    3. Pregnant women and lactating mothers are entitled to a ‘take-home ration’ of 1600 calories per day during pregnancy and for six months thereafter
    Which of the statement given above is/are correct?

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only
  • 0)With reference to the provisions made under the National Food Security Act, 2013, consider the following statements:

1.The families coming under the category of ‘below poverty line (BPL)’ only are eligible to receive subsidies food grains.
    2. The eldest woman in a household, of age 18 years or above, shall be the head of the household for the purpose of issuance of a ration card.
    3. Pregnant women and lactating mothers are entitled to a ‘take-home ration’ of 1600 calories per day during pregnancy and for six months thereafter

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

I was sure 1st is wrong.
    leaves me with two options.
    2nd statement sounds wrong because if no women above 18 then no ration card which doesn't make sense.
    1600 calories healthy amount for a pregnant lady no ?
  • 99) With reference to cultural history of India, consider the following statements :

1-Most of the Tyagaraja Kritis are devotional songs in praise of Lord Krishna.
    2-Tyagaraja created several new ragas.
    3-Annamacharya and Tyagaraja are contemporaries.
    4-Annamacharyaldrtanas are devotional songs in praise of Lord Venkateshwara.

Which of the statements given above are correct?

(a) 1 and 3 only

(b) 2 and 4 only

(c) 1, 2 and 3

(d) 2, 3 and 4
  • 99) With reference to cultural history of India, consider the following statements :

(a) 1 and 3 only

(b) 2 and 4 only

(c) 1, 2 and 3

(d) 2, 3 and 4

Lord krishna in south sounds wrong.
    Tri ratna of carnatic music didnt have annamacharaya hence i think 3rd could be eliminated.
  • 0)With reference to the provisions made under the National Food Security Act, 2013, consider the following statements:

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

I was sure 1st is wrong.
    2nd statement sounds wrong because if no women above 18 then no ration card which doesn't make sense.
    I went with same thinking in exam
    But now I think examiner wanted us to know that 1600 calories is too high for single meal
    2000 calories is standard daily requirement
  • edited February 15

0)With reference to the provisions made under the National Food Security Act, 2013, consider the following statements:

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

1600 calories per day for lactating women sounds wrong, it's too less I guess as 75kg man with 22.5% fat needs around 1800 calories for fatloss while 2250 calories per day to maintain his weight.
    What's the answer?
    :)

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

B
  • Vagarant said:

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

1600 calories per day for lactating women sounds wrong, it's too less I guess as 75kg man with 22.5% fat needs around 1800 calories for fatloss while 2250 calories per day to maintain his weight.
    What's the answer?
    i know right. i too thought the same. guess what the answer is. 600 calories is what the govt provides :/

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

I was sure 1st is wrong.
    But now I think examiner wanted us to know that 1600 calories is too high for single meal
    single meal. hmm. how did you infer that its for single meal ?
  • Freakhoto said:

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

B
    yes the answer is B
    If you could let us know how did you arrive to this ?
  • other people who clear IFoS cut off, score consistently good in prelims please help if you are kind enough.

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

I was sure 1st is wrong.
    I couldn't
    I lost marks here
    But I think maybe it was supposed to be answered with this logic
  • In retrospect, I should have attempted like this

1) NATIONAL food security act - means it is for the nation. Now limiting it to just BPL family would leave out sections such as lactating/pregnant woman, senior citizens, etc. (1&3 cant go together)

2) might be true - especially with govt. making woman as main beneficiary in latest schemes eq pmay

3) difficult to implement. In practicality who would have the time to calculate 1600 calories equivalent ration everyday

But in the exam room, I would have come out with 10 different logic, to attempt it correctly or incorrectly

(a) 1 and 3 only

(b) 2 and 4 only

(c) 1, 2 and 3

(d) 2, 3 and 4

Tri ratna of carnatic music didnt have annamacharaya hence i think 3rd could be eliminated.
    Krishna not in South India logic is wrong.
    2018 - Pre, Mains
    History optional
  • Vagarant said:

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

What's the answer?
    i know right. i too thought the same. guess what the answer is. 600 calories is what the govt provides :/
    That's why prelims is tukka, coz let's say cutoff is 96, ab Jo pdhke gye h wo sbhi 85-90 Tak le ayenge iske aage chalegi kismat.
    Btao 600 calorie me lactating women, hadd h govt ki b
  • moku said:

In retrospect, I should have attempted like this

1) NATIONAL food security act - means it is for the nation. Now limiting it to just BPL family would leave out sections such as lactating/pregnant woman, senior citizens, etc. (1&3 cant go together)

2) might be true - especially with govt. making woman as main beneficiary in latest schemes eq pmay

3) difficult to implement. In practicality who would have the time to calculate 1600 calories equivalent ration everyday

But in the exam room, I would have come out with 10 different logic, to attempt it correctly or incorrectly

haha! they do have time for 600 calories but :lol:
  • Vagarant said:

Vagarant said:

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

What's the answer?
    That's why prelims is tukka, coz let's say cutoff is 96, ab Jo pdhke gye h wo sbhi 85-90 Tak le ayenge iske aage chalegi kismat.
    yaar there is something which we are missing here.
    i think 'take home ration' is over and above what is served as meal to the p/l women at anganwadis.

(a) 1 and 3 only

(b) 2 and 4 only

(c) 1, 2 and 3

(d) 2, 3 and 4

Krishna not in South India logic is wrong.
    what i meant was there might be some incarnation of Lord Krishna in south.
    Like Lord Venkasteshwar is of lord vishnu.
    I might be wrong in this logic. I see your optional is history. You would be better to tell

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

I was sure 1st is wrong.
    I couldn't
    I lost marks here
    But I think maybe it was supposed to be answered with this logic
    i think the same too
  • I think we should 1st try to segregate questions on basis of whether they can be solved by logic or not. Everyone question cannot be solved by logic.
    And I know one thing for sure. Even in the 2018 paper, there were good enough number of questions that can be solved with the material that we study and they were enough to clear the cutoff.
    2018 - Pre, Mains
    History optional
  • Vagarant said:

Vagarant said:

(a) 1 and 2

(b) 2 only

(c) 1 and 3

(d) 3 only

What's the answer?
    yaar there is something which we are missing here.
    i think 'take home ration' is over and above what is served as meal to the p/l women at anganwadis.
    Are they allowed to take home ration after pregnancy for "6 months" only?
  • I think we should 1st try to segregate questions on basis of whether they can be solved by logic or not. Everyone question cannot be solved by logic.
    And I know one thing for sure. Even in the 2018 paper, there were good enough number of questions that can be solved with the material that we study and they were enough to clear the cutoff.

Questions like?
    爱屋及乌
  • Koi ifos wala h idhar to shed light on your prelims strategy.
    爱屋及乌

Yes i agree.
    That is why, I have decided to just post those questions which i am not able to solve from my knowledge base.
    I hope this clears out the confusion

Bhai history ka kitna part complete ho gya?
    Mje problem aa rhi, bareek chize bhul jata hu bas mota mota yaad rehta h, koi strategy apke pass h toh btaiye?
  • Vagarant said:

I think we should 1st try to segregate questions on basis of whether they can be solved by logic or not. Everyone question cannot be solved by logic.

Mje problem aa rhi, bareek chize bhul jata hu bas mota mota yaad rehta h, koi strategy apke pass h toh btaiye?
    Bhai mindmaps se thoda help to hota hai. Syllabus to bhai history ka kabhi nahi complete hone wala.
    Uspar se bhai main capf k chakkar me phansa hua hoon. Saara time weight loss aur diet control me hi chala ja rha hai
    2018 - Pre, Mains
    History optional

Yes i agree.
    That is why, I have decided to just post those questions which i am not able to solve from my knowledge base.
    I hope this clears out the confusion
    Main bhi aise questions khojta hun.
    2018 - Pre, Mains
    History optional
  • Vagarant said:

I think we should 1st try to segregate questions on basis of whether they can be solved by logic or not. Everyone question cannot be solved by logic.

Bhai mindmaps se thoda help to hota hai. Syllabus to bhai history ka kabhi nahi complete hone wala.
    Uspar se bhai main capf k chakkar me phansa hua hoon. Saara time weight loss aur diet control me hi chala ja rha hai
    Ok try krta hu
    All the best for CAPF.
  • ILO convention wala question kha se aya tha? Any clue? News m tha?
    爱屋及乌
  • ILO convention wala question kha se aya tha? Any clue? News m tha?

ha vision me cover hua tha both in test series and monthly
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly