We are hiring!

Kya library mein zayada achhi padhai hoti hai?

Friends, how many of you have benefitted ie seen considerable improvement by studying in library. In past in joined 2-3 times but could not continue.
At room, not all days are good and not all are 100%
How many toppers come from libraries

Comments

• I'm no topper.

1.5 years studied at room. Now shifted to library. I see great improvement. I feel satisfied at end of day.

Room has it's own advantages but after forest attempt, i felt internal motivation to fall down a bit. Library helps me keep up the motivation.
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
  • edited February 2

Friends, how many of you have benefitted ie seen considerable improvement by studying in library. In past in joined 2-3 times but could not continue.

if u believe in +ve competition, then there is no better place than a lib, to study... i am in ahimsa lib, nrn, near gurudwara, shankar road. it has good canteen also. lib has medittion place also... i find it very helpful
  • Can it be good for introverts?
  • Can it be good for introverts?

aapko padna hai ki nahi...only this matter... their is no gp study thing in lib... it is just a comfortable place only... u go their with everything and study
  • edited February 2
  • Phagocyte said:

I'm no topper.

1.5 years studied at room. Now shifted to library. I see great improvement. I feel satisfied at end of day.

Room has it's own advantages but after forest attempt, i felt internal motivation to fall down a bit. Library helps me keep up the motivation.

First attempt**
    Anthropology
  • If your reading speed is not satisfactory than go to library. Just dont try to make many friends or being nice to everyone. Go there and read.

And than when you gain momentum and want to read at full throttle come back to your room... so you can read continuously without any disturbance.

P.s. - join a test series. It will give you that sense of urgency you are looking for. Aim to be among topper in your test series. Once you are in that zone you will work so hard that you will be pleasantly surprised at your own determination and hard work.
  • If your reading speed is not satisfactory than go to library. Just dont try to make many friends or being nice to everyone. Go there and read.

And than when you gain momentum and want to read at full throttle come back to your room... so you can read continuously without any disturbance.

P.s. - join a test series. It will give you that sense of urgency you are looking for. Aim to be among topper in your test series. Once you are in that zone you will work so hard that you will be pleasantly surprised at your own determination and hard work.

+1

Linirary is indeed helpful , i myself donot goto one , but i know for a fact that it improves efficiency tenfold
    HUSTLE
  • Thankyou for your insights.
    Can you suggest a good one in patel nagar or is it worth travelling to orn for a good library like someone suggested 'ahimsa'

+1

Linirary is indeed helpful , i myself donot goto one , but i know for a fact that it improves efficiency tenfold

+1 Few pointers to you buddy- Its very important to find a good balance between studying at room and studying in library. What ?
    • Just Don't make library your room. Don't join it for 24 hours/12 hours, just go there for limited time say 6 hours or 8 hours.
      • Your peak hour study should be at your room only. Don't know when you study most efficiently? Well you need to find out by analyzing.
      • Going there for limited hours will keep you on toes.
      • you will take less breaks, less gossip with people.
      • It will keep up your morale for visiting library for a longer period.
    • Try to study at room also, be it revision, or core/major part of your studies.
    • Make sure you have your goals defined when you study, be it in library or room.
    • Join the test series. Try to positively compete with people writing tests.
    • Making 1-2 friends will not harm you, but learn to say 'NO' for hanging around in ORN/anywhere else especially Sindhi Park.
    • Don't waste time by observing/keeping track of a particular beautiful girl or all the girls in the library.
    • Don't observe couples in the library, let them do whatever they want to! Eat, sleep or kiss ! who cares !
    • Don't befriend library caretakers.
    • Don't get attached to any seat, like I can study at this particular seat only. You can study at any seat, if you are serious about your studies.
    • Keep the your library study area clean, don't make it a mess. Like Chips, cold drinks, tablet, laptop, mobile and books on the same studying area.
    • Keep a dettol sanitizer with you, use it after you hit the washroom.
    • Don't look what others are studying, especially don't touch anybody's notes/books without asking.
    • Last but not the least- don't apply ethics in anything related to seat capturing in the library. I have seen that UPSC aspirants are most unethical/corrupt when it comes to capture seats in the library.

Anything else ? You can shoot it in the inbox. Cheers.

रहो धर्म में धीर, रहो कर्म में वीर
    रखो उन्नत शिर,डरो ना |

अलविदा Forum. It was a privilege to be here.

+1

+1 Few pointers to you buddy- Its very important to find a good balance between studying at room and studying in library. What ?
    • Just Don't make library your room. Don't join it for 24 hours/12 hours, just go there for limited time say 6 hours or 8 hours.
      • Your peak hour study should be at your room only. Don't know when you study most efficiently? Well you need to find out by analyzing.
    • Try to study at room also, be it revision, or core/major part of your studies.
    • Make sure you have your goals defined when you study, be it in library or room.
    • Making 1-2 friends will not harm you, but learn to say 'NO' for hanging around in ORN/anywhere else especially Sindhi Park.
    • Don't waste time by observing/keeping track of a particular beautiful girl or all the girls in the library.
    • Don't observe couples in the library, let them do whatever they want to! Eat, sleep or kiss ! who cares !
    • Don't get attached to any seat, like I can study at this particular seat only. You can study at any seat, if you are serious about your studies.
    • Keep the your library study area clean, don't make it a mess. Like Chips, cold drinks, tablet, laptop, mobile and books on the same studying area.
    • Don't look what others are studying, especially don't touch anybody's notes/books without asking.
    • Last but not the least- don't apply ethics in anything related to seat capturing in the library. I have seen that UPSC aspirants are most unethical/corrupt when it comes to capture seats in the library.

Most important thing is to avoid distraction
  • @yashwardhan_singh comprehensive guide :)
    Anthropology

+1

Bhai please give some tips for those who prepare from hometown...how to maintain momentum and all :)
    I did my optional coaching from delhi but was facing health problems so returned home(around 8months back)
    Abhi to pre aa raha hai to kaam chal raha hai lekin aksar monotony aa jati hai so please provide tips...future mei helpful rahega jab monotony ayegi....
    TIA
  • ABD19 said:

If your reading speed is not satisfactory than go to library. Just dont try to make many friends or being nice to everyone. Go there and read.

+1

Bhai please give some tips for those who prepare from hometown...how to maintain momentum and all :)
    I did my optional coaching from delhi but was facing health problems so returned home(around 8months back)
    Abhi to pre aa raha hai to kaam chal raha hai lekin aksar monotony aa jati hai so please provide tips...future mei helpful rahega jab monotony ayegi....
    TIA
    @yashwardhan_singh sir whenever you are free please do a write up.
  • @ABD19

Yaar, its simple analytics and nothing more. "Study" - do we like it ? Most of us don't like it. Right? but we must study to achieve our goals !

Pressure is the key here. Enroll for a good test series/get the papers from market for prelims now (or may be you have done it already). Follow it religiously (easier said than done though). Going to a good library is also nothing but "creating pressure to study" ! When we see people clocking 10-12 hours without fail, we tend to study more, by being disciplined, that's something external, but still it can work for many. How long do we keep looking for internal motivation/pressure to study ? At lease can't afford to wait for that now.

"studying at home" far away from hustle-bustle of ORN, MN. I can suggest few pointers especially keeping in mind CSE 19, see if suits you-
    • Goal Setting
      • Start your day, with 15-20 mins activity of setting the goals for the day.Prepare your daily schedule.
      • It goes without saying that you should plan in a balanced way.Know your strengths and plan accordingly.
      • If you are clueless about how to plan then follow any test series plan which you trust.
      • At the end of the day, see your progress, if you could not achieve any target, record reasons for it.
      • When you plan next day see the previous day's mistakes, try not to repeat it.
      • This is very important activity, take your daily schedule as a commitment.
    • Change in approach
      • Don't visualize yourself preparing for CSE for sometime. Just think like an engineering student or say graduation student preparing for semester exams.
      • Take a test series- test syllabus as your primary goal- study hard for it, target 100% marks (target the maximum you can) in it, write test, analyze it and do the same for next test. Gradually you will cover the whole syllabus and will be pleasantly surprised that you could do it.
      • Attempt at least 3-4 test papers in a week.
      • Quantify approach - You should time your quality study hours. How to time ? Productivity challenger app on playstore, Pomodoro technique.
      • Self talk - 20-30 mins whenever you like, regarding your studies, any burning issues, your opinion of various issues, teach yourself. Don't overdo it else people will think you have gone mad !
      • Teaching to others- help fellow aspirant/fresher with your knowledge. That will help you too.
    • Finding the peak hours of your studying efficiency
      • How to do it ? Just analyze your studying habits.
      • When are you most optimum ? Now suppose in the night from 10PM to 3AM or 5AM to 9AM. This is your prime zone, don't miss it in doing any other work.
      • Stay away from the phone in these hours, utilize it the most.
    • Lifestyle Changes
      • Food Habits- make sure you keep the healthy balanced diet. No big heavy meals.
      • Sleeping habits- Sleep at a fixed time daily.
      • Workout/Gym- where is the time?
      • Walk/Jogging - 30 mins/walking and talking or listen to rstv news may be.
      • Meditation- at least for 10-15 mins or more if you like it.
      • Youtubing/net surfing- keep it very limited and optimized according to your cse needs.
    Internal motivation is very often stressed upon by so many people. Bhai if you are not getting that internal motivation, should you not study and keep waiting for it ? Answer is no ! Let the external motivation guide you for next few months. Its very very normal to lack the motivation to study and get depressed. Do your favorite activities in such times and resume studies after short break with double force.

I hope it will be helpful.
    रखो उन्नत शिर,डरो ना |

• @ABD19

Yaar, its simple analytics and nothing more. "Study" - do we like it ? Most of us don't like it. Right? but we must study to achieve our goals !

Pressure is the key here. Enroll for a good test series/get the papers from market for prelims now (or may be you have done it already). Follow it religiously (easier said than done though). Going to a good library is also nothing but "creating pressure to study" ! When we see people clocking 10-12 hours without fail, we tend to study more, by being disciplined, that's something external, but still it can work for many. How long do we keep looking for internal motivation/pressure to study ? At lease can't afford to wait for that now.

"studying at home" far away from hustle-bustle of ORN, MN. I can suggest few pointers especially keeping in mind CSE 19, see if suits you-

• Goal Setting
      • Start your day, with 15-20 mins activity of setting the goals for the day.Prepare your daily schedule.
      • It goes without saying that you should plan in a balanced way.Know your strengths and plan accordingly.
      • If you are clueless about how to plan then follow any test series plan which you trust.
      • At the end of the day, see your progress, if you could not achieve any target, record reasons for it.
    • Change in approach
      • Don't visualize yourself preparing for CSE for sometime. Just think like an engineering student or say graduation student preparing for semester exams.
      • Take a test series- test syllabus as your primary goal- study hard for it, target 100% marks (target the maximum you can) in it, write test, analyze it and do the same for next test. Gradually you will cover the whole syllabus and will be pleasantly surprised that you could do it.
      • Quantify approach - You should time your quality study hours. How to time ? Productivity challenger app on playstore, Pomodoro technique.
      • Self talk - 20-30 mins whenever you like, regarding your studies, any burning issues, your opinion of various issues, teach yourself. Don't overdo it else people will think you have gone mad !
      • Teaching to others- help fellow aspirant/fresher with your knowledge. That will help you too.
      • When are you most optimum ? Now suppose in the night from 10PM to 3AM or 5AM to 9AM. This is your prime zone, don't miss it in doing any other work.
    • Lifestyle Changes
      • Food Habits- make sure you keep the healthy balanced diet. No big heavy meals.
      • Youtubing/net surfing- keep it very limited and optimized according to your cse needs.
    Internal motivation is very often stressed upon by so many people. Bhai if you are not getting that internal motivation, should you not study and keep waiting for it ? Answer is no ! Let the external motivation guide you for next few months. Its very very normal to lack the motivation to study and get depressed. Do your favorite activities in such times and resume studies after short break with double force.

Excellent and comprehensive input.
  • Friends, how many of you have benefitted ie seen considerable improvement by studying in library. In past in joined 2-3 times but could not continue.

Subah se lekar Shaam tak library mein padh Liya karo for 7-8 hours aur evening ke Baad room par :)
  • @ABD19

• Goal Setting
    • Change in approach
    • Lifestyle Changes

Thank you sir. :blush:
    रखो उन्नत शिर,डरो ना |

• edited February 8

@ABD19

• Goal Setting
    • Change in approach
    • Lifestyle Changes

Nice!
  • @ABD19

• Goal Setting
    • Change in approach
    • Lifestyle Changes

It was very helpful.I found some interesting points which i will incorporate in my plan and it's so comprehensive that in future too it will guide me during my tough times.
    Thanks a lot.Apko dua mei yaad rakhunga :smiley:
    May you get selected in this attempt :smile:

P.S. Earlier forum used to be so full of helpful people and that's why i find old threads still relevent and are like gems to me although forum seems to be deserted these days but contribution like this will immensely help not only me but aspirants to come and make this thread a gem(at least for me).
  • ABD19 said:

@ABD19

• Goal Setting
    • Change in approach
    • Lifestyle Changes

It was very helpful.I found some interesting points which i will incorporate in my plan and it's so comprehensive that in future too it will guide me during my tough times.
    Thanks a lot.Apko dua mei yaad rakhunga :smiley:
    May you get selected in this attempt :smile:

P.S. Earlier forum used to be so full of helpful people and that's why i find old threads still relevent and are like gems to me although forum seems to be deserted these days but contribution like this will immensely help not only me but aspirants to come and make this thread a gem(at least for me).
    Thanks friend. All the best :smile:
    रखो उन्नत शिर,डरो ना |

• @ABD19

• Goal Setting
    • Change in approach
    • Lifestyle Changes

Sir.. your reply has signs of selected/would be selected candidate. I am not exaggerating but your response shows the kind of clarity and understanding required for present examination system. Wish you all the best.
  • @ABD19

• Goal Setting
    • Change in approach
    • Lifestyle Changes

Sir.. your reply has signs of selected/would be selected candidate. I am not exaggerating but your response shows the kind of clarity and understanding required for present examination system. Wish you all the best.
    That's very kind of you sir, my best wishes :blush:
    रखो उन्नत शिर,डरो ना |

Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly