Indian Forest Service 2018 Results are out! ForumIAS Academy Students Secure Rank 1, 2, 3 ! Congratulations to all!
Current Affairs Classes for IAS Interview Students 2018 ForumIAS will be holding Current Affairs Classes for Interview Students on Saturday and Sunday at 5PM, Feb 9 & 10.

Email from UPSC for OBC students

have received an email from upsc asking my parents ITR for assessment year 2015-16.The mail sttaes that I have qualified interview in obc category.Anyone else received similar mail..?Is it general mail to all OBC students or specific to those whose mains marks is in between obc and general category cutoff?
Please reply because if i have just qualified for interview then there is no meaning of preparation...

Comments

• anshu8k said:

have received an email from upsc asking my parents ITR for assessment year 2015-16.The mail sttaes that I have qualified interview in obc category.Anyone else received similar mail..?Is it general mail to all OBC students or specific to those whose mains marks is in between obc and general category cutoff?
    Please reply because if i have just qualified for interview then there is no meaning of preparation...

General bhai..many people receive it even after not clearing mains..has got nothing to do with ur mains marks.
    All the best for interview.
  • What does your father/mother do?
  • anshu8k said:

General bhai..many people receive it even after not clearing mains..has got nothing to do with ur mains marks.
    thanx bhai
  • anshu8k said:

They r saying he 'has' qualified 'in' interview
  • anshu8k said:

4 reasons for getting such a mail
    -you have availed of age relaxation
    or/and
    -you have availed of attempt relaxation
    or/and
    -your prelim score is less than general cut-off
    or/and
    -your main written score is less than general cut-off
  • Asoka said:

anshu8k said:

or/and
    or/and
    or/and
    1. First two case is ruled out ...and if it's the fourth case I have no hope of getting a good service even if I perform well in interview ....
    2. But I still believe it's a general mail to obc candidates irrespective of marks in mains ..
    3. However we will get full picture if more candidates got such mail...
  • https://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/15759/csm-2015-mail-regarding-discrepency-in-daf-affidavit-to-be-submitted/p1

Every year people receive such mails from upsc..2015,2016 ka toh mera personal experience hai..
    Documentation ka parallel process chalta rehta hai.. Before mains, after mains ,after final merit list (even if one doesn't make it to the list) ,people get mails from upsc,calls from dopt...
    So believe me bhai, its just a general mail..u should submit the required documents and concentrate on ur interview..it has got nothing to do with ur mains marks.
  • https://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/15759/csm-2015-mail-regarding-discrepency-in-daf-affidavit-to-be-submitted/p1

Every year people receive such mails from upsc..2015,2016 ka toh mera personal experience hai..
    Documentation ka parallel process chalta rehta hai.. Before mains, after mains ,after final merit list (even if one doesn't make it to the list) ,people get mails from upsc,calls from dopt...
    So believe me bhai, its just a general mail..u should submit the required documents and concentrate on ur interview..it has got nothing to do with ur mains marks.

Ok bhai
  • edited January 17
    Yes, every obc candidate I know including myself has received the mail.
    It has got nothing to do with the marks, keep calm and prepare brother.
    Don't listen to people stroking your fears.
  • rookie01 said:

Yes, every obc candidate I know including myself has received the mail.
    It has got nothing to do with the marks, keep calm and prepare brother.
    Don't listen to people stroking your fears.

Thanks
  • Asoka said:

anshu8k said:

or/and
    or/and
    or/and
    guys,
    these four reasons are just probable reasons I thought of.I am not certain of them.I dont intend to discourage anyone.If every OBC candidate has got this mail,it cant have anything to do with marks.So chill and do well in interview.All the best.
  • wat are document to be submitted
  • edited January 17
    I too got the email. Was thinking in the direction as you. But I hope it is a general email. idk If others have received it too.
  • I got too
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google