Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Review of IGP by Iasmocks.com of pizzza sir

so yesterday was the first test of IGP 2019 , by iasmocks.com by @pizzza sir . here are my 2 cents on it , a honest review .
1. The first thing that strikes you is the discipline , fixed timeslots motivate you to prepare as you would for upsc exam , the lack of flexibility is blessing in disguise ( there are 2 time slots though)
2. Once you mark an answer u can leave the answer empty , thus its like OMR and one has to be fully conscious of what he/she marks

now coming to the quality of test
1. The test was like a mini upsc test with many tricks up its sleeves , exactly like upsc does
consider the 1st question of the test itself

the question was made so that people are tempted to mark the wrong answer ( B.R Ambedkar )

2. The test had beautifully framed questions that cover the basics eg.

3. @pizzza has scheduled current affairs in diff tests but has included a couple of question , which are in news and probable to be asked by upsc

Overall i will give the test series at least a 9/10 , given the hardowrk put by sir , and how beautifully it captures the essence of UPSC
few cons that come to mind are , a) not being a big intitute , the time spend is crucial , eg if detail solutions are provided , then sir cant give tips and guide to improve score , or say if there is an emergency one cannot retake the test , will only get the solutions

p.s below i am sharing the pdf of the test

Comments

• so yesterday was the first test of IGP 2019 , by iasmocks.com by @pizzza sir . here are my 2 cents on it , a honest review .
    1. The first thing that strikes you is the discipline , fixed timeslots motivate you to prepare as you would for upsc exam , the lack of flexibility is blessing in disguise ( there are 2 time slots though)
    2. Once you mark an answer u can leave the answer empty , thus its like OMR and one has to be fully conscious of what he/she marks

now coming to the quality of test
    1. The test was like a mini upsc test with many tricks up its sleeves , exactly like upsc does
    consider the 1st question of the test itself

the question was made so that people are tempted to mark the wrong answer ( B.R Ambedkar )

2. The test had beautifully framed questions that cover the basics eg.

3. @pizzza has scheduled current affairs in diff tests but has included a couple of question , which are in news and probable to be asked by upsc

Overall i will give the test series at least a 9/10 , given the hardowrk put by sir , and how beautifully it captures the essence of UPSC
    few cons that come to mind are , a) not being a big intitute , the time spend is crucial , eg if detail solutions are provided , then sir cant give tips and guide to improve score , or say if there is an emergency one cannot retake the test , will only get the solutions

p.s below i am sharing the pdf of the test

:+1:
  • I just want to bring to everyone a notice that last year one of my friends has posted a link to his app and his account was deleted and banned.

I have seen so many people who have posted links to their blogs and paid programs , accounts being banned.

Nothing against you pizza Sir but why is Forum blind to commercial activity promotion by iasmock?

You have not shied away from deleting chrome Ias threads when they were posting links. Even threads were deleted.

Even India Bhai one thread which was specifically stating his course and price and links were deleted by esteemed moderator and owners of the forum.

Is forum promoting this venture of theirs via pizza or is it being paid for like advertisements are paid for.

As far as I remember root has clarified that only banner ads are paid for by advertisers and forum does not have give access to threads for commercial activities .

Then why is this happening ? Is it because pizza has been a moderator ?

I also want to know if I have a blog and I am running my mock can I also create a thread and will or will not forum delete my thread because I may not be popular here or if I am not a moderator here ?

Just clarifying things. Because root had much higher standards for rules and not allowing any coaching - online or offline promotion in threads .

Prelims - 3 | Mains - 2 | Interview - 1
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google