Ias
ips
ifs
irs it
irs c&ce
iaas
irts....

Comments

• Service and cadre preference (Addendum to DAF) have not come till now, right?
  • IAS, IPS ........

Ilaantivi kaakunda evaina chinna udhyogaalu chooskovalsi osthadhi list lo peru leka pothe. :smiley:
    P - 1 | M - 1 | I - 1* | First Attempt | Hoping for the best in 2018
  • is ips in home state or neighbor state better than ias in not so preferable cadre?
  • edited January 7
    Based on a good understanding of positions,challenges,promotional prospects.Here is a a fairly objective view of IAS,IFS,IPS,IRS
    IAS:Still king of kings because of the following reasons
    -there is no service above whom there wont be an IAS officer
    -Time bound promotion.Besides IAS,only IFS enjoys this.
    -Lateral entry,domain specialization etc are fads.They dont pose any threats to IAS dominance.
    -Closest to real power centres.
    -Social recognition highest.
    IFS
    -No more as challenging as it was 20 years back
    -Embassy officials,including ambassadors,increasingly play event management roles.Real diplomacy is conducted by other professionals.
    -Staying abroad is no more alluring.In fact,it may be disincentive for many.
    -No real powers enjoyed by IAS,IPS
    -Only good incentives include time-bound promotions and some extra allowances.
    IPS
    -Will remain 4 years junior to same batch IAS
    -IAS enjoys the powers of executive magistracy the day he joins service.IPS wait for being a police commissioner to have such powers,that too limited.
    -IAS as home secretary remains defacto boss of IPS officers.
    -After the tenure of SP is over,there is only a few challenging posts for IPS at middle and top levels.Career stagnancy bite hard with each passing year.This is why there is intense rivalry among IPS officers.Unlike IAS,it is a rigidly hierarchical service.Juniors often get bad treatments at the hands of seniors.This is not the case with IAS.
    Those giving first preference to IPS are often inspired by romanticized view of IPS.Reality is vastly different.
  • when will the schedule come?
  • what about irs it ,irs c&ce, iaas
  • Noah123 said:

what about irs it ,irs c&ce, iaas

you being irs would know it better.

anyway, here is my 2cent.

Only, reasons to opt for customs over IT, as per me, are:
    -one can go on deputation to cbi (SP at joint commissioner level), not the case with IT as it is not a feild job.
    -if one's daddy in customs, and he understands the nuances, and ready to raise hell from day one.
    -if you want to boss around any uncle or relative who is in customs at lower levels.

income tax is better on every other count.
    - in customs one has to deal with hundred people every day. gotta haggle for money with them. more risk of getting caught. though, people usually dont get group A officers trapped. whereas, in IT, officer has to deal with only a handfull of CA, who are more professional and easy to deal with.
    - in customs postings could be in port cities, and port cities are not always big, not so good for kids education. IT, big cities mostly, where all the big tax payers are.
    - promotions. huge stagnation in customs at addl comm level. at lower levels too, promotions are slower these days. also the case in IT, but situation much better than customs.
    - work load is less in IT. deadlines are not strict. there is tax paying season. last dates get extended. in customs, shipments come everyday. unnecessary delays cost exporter/importer money.
    - money is more in IT.

Dont know much about IAAS. promotions are faster and money is as much as customs, so i heard.
  • Rainmaker said:

Noah123 said:

-one can go on deputation to cbi (SP at joint commissioner level), not the case with IT as it is not a feild job.
    -if one's daddy in customs, and he understands the nuances, and ready to raise hell from day one.
    -if you want to boss around any uncle or relative who is in customs at lower levels.

- in customs one has to deal with hundred people every day. gotta haggle for money with them. more risk of getting caught. though, people usually dont get group A officers trapped. whereas, in IT, officer has to deal with only a handfull of CA, who are more professional and easy to deal with.
    - in customs postings could be in port cities, and port cities are not always big, not so good for kids education. IT, big cities mostly, where all the big tax payers are.
    - promotions. huge stagnation in customs at addl comm level. at lower levels too, promotions are slower these days. also the case in IT, but situation much better than customs.
    - work load is less in IT. deadlines are not strict. there is tax paying season. last dates get extended. in customs, shipments come everyday. unnecessary delays cost exporter/importer money.
    - money is more in IT.

Dont know much about IAAS. promotions are faster and money is as much as customs, so i heard.
    I hope that "bossing around any uncle or relative" is light humour, but the way people talk about "money" in services saddens me beyond limit.

Nothing personal with you btw @Rainmaker .
    Previous id: @Detective_Conan
  • Rainmaker said:

Noah123 said:

- money is more in IT.

Namaste Mr. Rainmaker,

First of all, drown yourself in some shame.
    If you are appearing for the interview, what kind of a write-up is this? Are you so incapable that you can not even earn money through legit ways? Are you so weak and dumb? Bhagwan ne dimag nahi diya hai?

You want to go raise hell from day one and boss around uncles? Shame on you bro, absolute shame! You may even get a rank this year but honestly, you have failed in this life if you keep this attitude. For once, change your thinking and lead the life according to good principles. You will make a good civil servant, and more importantly a good human.
  • Noah123 said:

and you sir/mam, Mr/Ms. civil servant. What are you doing in IRS if you don't even know know the difference between IRS IT and IRS C&CE?
  • edited January 7
    My father runs a business related to shipping. We understand working of customs. If there was no corruption, we would avoid a lot of miscellaneous expenses. Could buy a bmw with that money. So. I hate corruption as much as you all do.
    More than 99% custom officials take bribes. I was just trying to not give a miss India type answer. What I have written is the true picture. Is talking about corruption so bad?

Bossing around was light humor.
    Raising hell could also mean doing cases.
    I prefer danips over irs
    Here for the lifestyle not the money
    Bribe money is peanuts to me.
  • Rainmaker said:

My father runs a business related to shipping. We understand working of customs. If there was no corruption, we would avoid a lot of miscellaneous expenses. Could buy a bmw with that money. So. I hate corruption as much as you all do.
    More than 99% custom officials take bribes. I was just trying to not give a miss India type answer. What I have written is the true picture. Is talking about corruption so bad?

Bossing around was light humor.
    Raising hell could also mean doing cases.
    I prefer danips over irs
    Here for the lifestyle not the money
    Bribe money is peanuts to me.

Talking about corruption is not a bad thing. Indeed it should be talked about frequent to "talk people out of it."

You took a complete turn around when you said money is more/less in a particular service. Even if you're not corrupt, encouraging someone to become one by citing "money" as an incentive is not something you'd want to proud of, mate!

I hope I got my point across, and I didn't mean you're a bad guy per se. But maybe unintentionally you're promoting something that costed you a BMW.

And we all love BMWs. Unless you're an ardent Mercedes fan.

So think over it. And do well in life. :)
  • I have given reasons why people unanimously prefer IT over customs. And for the same reasons many through ssc, prefer ITI, a group c post, over examiner or PO. this may not apply to some honest people, no offence to them.
    I hate how many people claimhow they are straight as an arrow, serving the nation, meanwhile enjoy status, bribes, brides, dowry, everything.
    I just want to call out their bullshit and shout from rooftop how corruption is everywhere..railways, fire brigade, banks , accounts, you name it. I’m willing to share every fucking detailed description, if anybody got an ear for that.
    Don’t care if it makes me look passionate about bribes.
  • Noah123 said:

and you sir/mam, Mr/Ms. civil servant. What are you doing in IRS if you don't even know know the difference between IRS IT and IRS C&CE?
    sir aap mahan ho
    kaha sa ata ha asa log
    i was just giving direction to debate
    anyways lagta ha forumias ka platform he milta ha apko ethics jadna ka liya
  • @Neyawn lemme know if you're proud of the conversation here. :joy:
  • What's the most preferred order of services after top 5?
    Prelims - 3; Mains - 3; Interview - 2*; Rank - NA.
  • Danics, danips bhi achi hai naturewise if anybody wants to opt it and not concerned with group A, B differentiation
    DANICS 2017
    Optional - Philosophy
  • Rainmaker said:

Noah123 said:

- money is more in IT.

Namaste Mr. Rainmaker,

First of all, drown yourself in some shame.
    If you are appearing for the interview, what kind of a write-up is this? Are you so incapable that you can not even earn money through legit ways? Are you so weak and dumb? Bhagwan ne dimag nahi diya hai?

You want to go raise hell from day one and boss around uncles? Shame on you bro, absolute shame! You may even get a rank this year but honestly, you have failed in this life if you keep this attitude. For once, change your thinking and lead the life according to good principles. You will make a good civil servant, and more importantly a good human.
    I have attached one of our transactions mail. I could give more credible proofs of existence of my company, but I don’t want to reveal my identity. 360 ways hai mere pass imandari se paisa kamane ka. Dont earn my bread through corruption. I don’t even have to bother about salary if I get into IPS some day.

046EDB3A-CB0F-4E50-8690-00DB6C86B1B3.jpeg
    750 x 1334 - 142K
  • Noah123 said:

Also the reason I explained it so blunt and brazen
    Anyway, I apologise for my comments.
  • can anyone tell how the preference for persons called to PT has been decided in PT2018. PT starts from 11 feb
  • What's the most preferred order of services after top 5?

my preference
    ias
    ips
    ifs
    irs it
    irs c&ce
    iaas
    irts
    icas
    idas
    iras
    ides
    ipos
    its/icls
    iis

• While filling service preference,is it wise from my side to fill all railway services at one go(irts>iras>irps>rpf) as perks and facilities(free travel and good accommodation) in railway services are better as compared to defence/postal/civil account service?
  • ayush5894 said:

While filling service preference,is it wise from my side to fill all railway services at one go(irts>iras>irps>rpf) as perks and facilities(free travel and good accommodation) in railway services are better as compared to defence/postal/civil account service?

get some idea about railway working before concluding that. irts isnt d same service it used to be.. also ask some young officers about "perks and facilities" .. in case you are over enthusiastic about working in railways prefer IRAS above everything else.
  • ayush5894 said:

While filling service preference,is it wise from my side to fill all railway services at one go(irts>iras>irps>rpf) as perks and facilities(free travel and good accommodation) in railway services are better as compared to defence/postal/civil account service?

Think over RPF. its not lucrative as it sounds. have a couple of frinds in it.
  • A group of 6-7 interview candidates are meeting on Sunday. Few Retd. and working officers will also be joining us.
    Plan is to have:
    1. Mock session
    2. Personalised discussion

Inbox to join the group.

PS: No monetary interest. No charges involved.
  • Useful video for UPSC Interview 2019 by M.K yadav sir
  • Noah123 said:

What's the most preferred order of services after top 5?

my preference
    ias
    ips
    ifs
    irs it
    irs c&ce
    iaas
    irts
    icas
    idas
    iras
    ides
    ipos
    its/icls
    iis
    What's the use of putting IFS at no. 3?
    If one is not getting IPS, that denotes the rank is definitely 200+ and at that rank IFS is impossible.
    (This is for general category, but the same applies to other categories as well)
  • Noah123 said:

What's the most preferred order of services after top 5?

my preference
    ias
    ips
    ifs
    irs it
    irs c&ce
    iaas
    irts
    icas
    idas
    iras
    ides
    ipos
    its/icls
    iis
    What's the use of putting IFS at no. 3?
    If one is not getting IPS, that denotes the rank is definitely 200+ and at that rank IFS is impossible.
    (This is for general category, but the same applies to other categories as well)
    ifs is possible if declared medically unfit for ips.
  • A group of 6-7 interview candidates are meeting on Sunday. Few Retd. and working officers will also be joining us.
    Plan is to have:
    1. Mock session
    2. Personalised discussion

Inbox to join the group.

PS: No monetary interest. No charges involved.

Where Sir ? Inside ORN or some other place.
    I'm joined Sankalp but that is completely waste of time as well as money.
    RAS 2016 cleared
    CSE 2016 983
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google