IfOs optional selection

I have a confusion regarding geogly vs agri engg...can some one shed light which can be bettered off within short time ( i am a mechanical engineer..)

Comments

• mechanical engineer u cant take agric engg so prefer geology but that is totally civil dominated topic u will find it hard to manage time because mechanical itself is a time consuming optional. Better prefer a science one if interested

• mechanical engineer u cant take agric engg so prefer geology but that is totally civil dominated topic u will find it hard to manage time because mechanical itself is a time consuming optional. Better prefer a science one if interested

I am confused between agri and geology many say that geology a bit technical and different names and all are hard to remember
  • bhai agar ek optional mech hai to u should take forestry .agar nahi to forestry and geo kyunki inke source available hai .agri engg numericals ka source nahi hai jaha tak mujhe pata hai .but doont leave forestry as one optional
    P4/M3/I0 .GOOD LUCK GUYS .
  • bhai agar ek optional mech hai to u should take forestry .agar nahi to forestry and geo kyunki inke source available hai .agri engg numericals ka source nahi hai jaha tak mujhe pata hai .but doont leave forestry as one optional

I hav decideefor foresty but hanging on agri engg or geology
  • Freakhoto said:

bhai agar ek optional mech hai to u should take forestry .agar nahi to forestry and geo kyunki inke source available hai .agri engg numericals ka source nahi hai jaha tak mujhe pata hai .but doont leave forestry as one optional

why u dont want mechanical may i know the reason

• Freakhoto said:

bhai agar ek optional mech hai to u should take forestry .agar nahi to forestry and geo kyunki inke source available hai .agri engg numericals ka source nahi hai jaha tak mujhe pata hai .but doont leave forestry as one optional

why u dont want mechanical may i know the reason
    I have no idea about mechanical engineering and how to ace it...and also its been 3 yrs since engg and cse me v my optional history hai
  • so go for geo .dnt take mech this yr paper 2 was very tough .take theory subject easy to score
  • so go for geo .dnt take mech this yr paper 2 was very tough .take theory subject easy to score

For geo is it is requires to have geography background because i have hstry optional so no help
  • no need .wase bhi ratta hi marna hai.

paper 2 tough to nahi tha kisi bhi angle se

Ho much time neeeded to complete it
  • Freakhoto said:

so go for geo .dnt take mech this yr paper 2 was very tough .take theory subject easy to score

if ifos target then 5-6 months. 90% are repeative questions of precvious ias and ifos and booklist and that too only solved example.

90% question in mechanical repeats with change in values or with little modification is purely on rote basis in IFOS but since its numerical so u will fetch more marks than theory like geology and forestry

• Freakhoto said:

so go for geo .dnt take mech this yr paper 2 was very tough .take theory subject easy to score

if ifos target then 5-6 months. 90% are repeative questions of precvious ias and ifos and booklist and that too only solved example.

90% question in mechanical repeats with change in values or with little modification is purely on rote basis in IFOS but since its numerical so u will fetch more marks than theory like geology and forestry
    Did u have mechanical engineering for ifos and did u take coaching?
  • Freakhoto said:

5-6 months for whole ifos?
  • Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

both optional forest and mechanical

see last 20 years paper of ifos, ese and cse

and yes my optional is mechanical but i m not able to clear ifos prelims cutoff

• Freakhoto said:

I have a confusion regarding geogly vs agri engg...can some one shed light which can be bettered off within short time ( i am a mechanical engineer..)

Agriculture engineering and forestry. Shortest and sweetest combination you can have :)
  • Freakhoto said:

ifos ka paper 2 tough nahi laga kya ?
  • Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

meri manana 2 bar main ifos diya hai jyada mks lane ke lalach main mat padna kyunki numerical subject scoring hai but demanding bhi .upar se nahi aya to mks gaye .go for geo 1 mths main rat lena jyuda tough nahi ata hai go for it kisiki mat sunna ki numerical are scoring karke .its a trap numerical optional
  • Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

meri manana 2 bar main ifos diya hai jyada mks lane ke lalach main mat padna kyunki numerical subject scoring hai but demanding bhi .upar se nahi aya to mks gaye .go for geo 1 mths main rat lena jyuda tough nahi ata hai go for it kisiki mat sunna ki numerical are scoring karke .its a trap numerical optional
    Yeh Sahi baat hai...I am literally confused about the two...Though i am willing to toil hard but i should to know where to work hard and how much will i be rewarded...The thing about geology that scares me is some toppers in blogs such as Rishav Gupta-> says that geology is not everyone cup of tea as it deals with lot of techanility Taxonomical etc etc[All of which i have no idea]....On the other hand agri optional thda lengthy lagta hai mje...but seeing the question such as Numerical based on Torques rpm pumps gives a sense of security as i am a mecha graduate.But i dont have much time as i can invest 50 days for two optionals...and numerical needs a lot of practices
  • Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

Yeh Sahi baat hai...I am literally confused about the two...Though i am willing to toil hard but i should to know where to work hard and how much will i be rewarded...The thing about geology that scares me is some toppers in blogs such as Rishav Gupta-> says that geology is not everyone cup of tea as it deals with lot of techanility Taxonomical etc etc[All of which i have no idea]....On the other hand agri optional thda lengthy lagta hai mje...but seeing the question such as Numerical based on Torques rpm pumps gives a sense of security as i am a mecha graduate.But i dont have much time as i can invest 50 days for two optionals...and numerical needs a lot of practices
    Given the trend of increasing competition. I don't think 50 days would be enough for final selection.
    IFoS 2017.. :)
  • 007_A said:

Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

Given the trend of increasing competition. I don't think 50 days would be enough for final selection.
    Yes may be you are correct but still i can try my best effort
  • Freakhoto said:

007_A said:

Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

Freakhoto said:

Yes may be you are correct but still i can try my best effort
    geo 50 din main aram se tayar hota hai .forestry ko ache se karna gro ko thik thak kiya to bhi chalega .agri wagarh mat lena galti se bhi .stick to geo and forestry best combo hai atleast interview call to deta hai .
  • Im skipping this cse attempt and want to focus on ifos only. Can you guys help me choose between botany and geology? I have decided on forestry as one subject.
  • Im skipping this cse attempt and want to focus on ifos only. Can you guys help me choose between botany and geology? I have decided on forestry as one subject.

go for geo .
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google