US to end sanctions waivers to India,7 other nations for Iran Oil Import: Report China draws up tighter rules on human gene and embryo trials Afghanistan’s top court extends Ghani’s term till delayed elections Indian,US Navies hold anti submarine warfare exercise Medicine labels in regional language

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Happy New Year and New Year Resolutions 2019

edited December 2018 in Miscellaneous
Amid all the gloom over the past few days because of the main exam results, let us welcome the new year with a greater commitment to our goals.

I used to be fairly disappointed with most of my New Year “resolutions”, when in college.

“I will score a GPA of 9 this year”; “I will play in a band”; “I will score 15 goals in this year’s tournament” - the list is endless.

In recent years, I realised I was getting disappointed because I was entirely output oriented. I was only focusing on the end result, and when I would feel pressurised and not see the end result happening - I would give up. It’s so difficult to achieve a gigantic annual goal, and a lot of things could go wrong.

The mind is a funny thing, and that also allows you to take it to your advantage, which I did. Instead of being output oriented, I became input oriented. Instead of being focused on nouns (Rank below 100) I became focused on verbs (write every weekend).

“I will study for 10 hours everyday”; “I will play the guitar twice a week”; “I will wake up every morning and run”; “I will write tests every weekend” - the change was dramatic.

How do you become a better person? Identify your areas of improvement, identify the end outcome and convert it to actions that you can do regularly.

You will definitely become a better person, and that’s what life is about. Here's wishing everyone a great end of year, and a fantastic 2019.

Let us know what are your new year resolutions.
P - 1 | M - 1 | I - 1* | First Attempt | Hoping for the best in 2018

Comments

• New Year Resolutions .. जान के क्या उखाड़ लोगे .. :trollface:
  • edited December 2018

New Year Resolutions .. जान के क्या उखाड़ लोगे .. :trollface:

Mujhe nahi pata tha ki jaanne ke baad ukhaadna next step hota hai. :trollface:
  • drink more coffee and increase my efficiency
    jai hind
    cafe coffee day chalo
  • edited December 2018

New Year Resolutions .. जान के क्या उखाड़ लोगे .. :trollface:

Mujhe nahi pata tha ki jaanne ke baad ukhaadna next step hota hai. :trollface:
    कैंची की तरह चलती है जुबान तुम्हारी .. इसीलिए वहां नहीं देता .. :trollface:
  • Latvia ghumne jaunga :trollface:
    :)
  • Amid all the gloom over the past few days because of the main exam results, let us welcome the new year with a greater commitment to our goals.

I used to be fairly disappointed with most of my New Year “resolutions”, when in college.

“I will score a GPA of 9 this year”; “I will play in a band”; “I will score 15 goals in this year’s tournament” - the list is endless.

In recent years, I realised I was getting disappointed because I was entirely output oriented. I was only focusing on the end result, and when I would feel pressurised and not see the end result happening - I would give up. It’s so difficult to achieve a gigantic annual goal, and a lot of things could go wrong.

The mind is a funny thing, and that also allows you to take it to your advantage, which I did. Instead of being output oriented, I became input oriented. Instead of being focused on nouns (Rank below 100) I became focused on verbs (write every weekend).

“I will study for 10 hours everyday”; “I will play the guitar twice a week”; “I will wake up every morning and run”; “I will write tests every weekend” - the change was dramatic.

How do you become a better person? Identify your areas of improvement, identify the end outcome and convert it to actions that you can do regularly.

You will definitely become a better person, and that’s what life is about. Here's wishing everyone a great end of year, and a fantastic 2019.

Same write-up LinkedIn pe padha Maine...
    #right to copy
    Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.

• Amid all the gloom over the past few days because of the main exam results, let us welcome the new year with a greater commitment to our goals.

#right to copy
    देश बड़ा रंगरेज़ ये बाबू ।।
    2018 - Pre, Mains
    History optional
  • Quora pe bhi.

Amid all the gloom over the past few days because of the main exam results, let us welcome the new year with a greater commitment to our goals.

#right to copy
  • Quora pe bhi.

#right to copy
    MATLAB linked in wale ne bhi copy Kia hoga..
    Ctrl C Ctrl V se chal rahi duniya
    Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.

• edited December 2018
    Aviral Bhatnagars answer on quora.
    Question was how to improve one self?
  • Aviral Bhatnagars answer on quora.

Aviral bhatnagar shared this on linkedin too..aviral is the op :smiley:

#right to copy
    मुझे तो फ्रॉड IPS भी यही लगता है .. :trollface:
  • Aviral Bhatnagars answer on quora.

Aviral bhatnagar shared this on linkedin too..aviral is the op :smiley:
    :trollface: yeh toh Pura plagerism Ka case ho gaya

#right to copy
    मुझे तो फ्रॉड IPS भी यही लगता है .. :trollface:
    क्या ? रंगरेज़?
    2018 - Pre, Mains
    History optional
  • edited December 2018
    Kisi ko greeting card dete ho to kavita khud likhte ho jo printed hota hai ya kisi aur ka chhapta hai? :mrgreen:

Jab exam me polity ka sawaal aaye, to answer khud ka dimag se socha hua kuch bhi likhne ke number milte hai ya laxmikanth se copy maarne se milte hai? :mrgreen:

Bhawna ko samjho bhailog. Udhaasi hatao. New year jamao. :trollface:
  • Kisi ko greeting card dete ho to kavita khud likhte ho jo printed hota hai ya kisi aur ka chhapta hai? :mrgreen:

Jab exam me polity ka sawaal aaye, to answer khud ka dimag se socha hua kuch bhi likhne ke number milte hai ya laxmikanth se copy maarne se milte hai? :mrgreen:

Bhawna ko samjho bhailog. Udhaasi hatao. New year jamao. :trollface:

Bhai Tere see sulgi h yaha sbki, ek to tu chugiya bnaya mains result me , ab Tera selection b pakka h .
    tu b bhavnao ko samajh :trollface:
    :)
  • edited December 2018
    My goal for 2019 : Be a Man
    You are laboratory project , owned by some handful elites. They test their utopian ideas on you.
  • edited December 2018
    Endure to be best in buisness wherever we go
    Happy New year 2019 yipppeee cheers :sunglasses:
    :smiley:

84c42cc16ecd4dbac4bc30a00135ccd7.jpg
    598 x 748 - 67K
  • Endure to be best in buisness wherever we go
    Happy New year 2019 yipppeee cheers :sunglasses:
    :smiley:

:o
  • edited January 1
    Welcome 2019. Happy new year.
  • Thank you...& same to you..wish you a happy and prosperous new year..
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google