What career options await me?

Hi guys,

I have given 5 mains and an interview but could not succeed. I have background in electrical engineering with 2 years of experience in manufacturing company. I wish to not give next attempt. I have strong aptitude general and technical. But only apprehension is because of loss of touch with core subjects and 5 years of career gap.

Can you please suggest the career options your friends might have chosen so that I can explore the paths.

Comments

• For immediate respite u can easily join a coaching class, as u have given interview.
  • edited December 2018

Hi guys,

I have given 5 mains and an interview but could not succeed. I have background in electrical engineering with 2 years of experience in manufacturing company. I wish to not give next attempt. I have strong aptitude general and technical. But only apprehension is because of loss of touch with core subjects and 5 years of career gap.

Can you please suggest the career options your friends might have chosen so that I can explore the paths.

Same here boss.. though i have 2 attempts left..i think i am taking a 1 year break from this cycle

1. Reskilling and Upskilling

just a suggestion..you might want to do a PLC SCADA course.. as you have electrical background and also workex and also 5 mains(that is a plus point as told by my KPIT company HR but only in interview stage)..

PLC scada is a course for automation..

This will surely bring you in line with most advanced industrial requirements

2. Coaching centres..

Do Not join coaching as a faculty.. you will get frustrated..many places politics is played.. remuneration is frustratingly low and if you Dont have any attempt left it will.be a nightmare

Also you have a strong electrical background which will.help you..

Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google