Vice-Admiral Verma moves Tribunal Judges’ panel to hear charges against CJI India may send NIA team to assist in probe India may stop oil imports from Iran Price controls hurting FDI in medical devices sector
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Tips for linking geography theories to answers

I had written my first mains this year and couldn't pass. I mainly faced problems in linking concepts to the questions. Also can someone help me with human geography resources ? I'm following only geographical thought by Majid Hussain
ചന്ദുവിനെ തോൽപിക്കാൻ ആവില്ല മക്കളേ !!

Comments

• edited December 2018
    himanshu sir guidance ias is the best source. Get his notes from the market and dont read anything else
  • Indra_ said:

himanshu sir guidance ias is the best source. Get his notes from the market and dont read anything else

Many suggest Shabbir sir notes as himanshu sir's notes are too lengthy. is it so ?
  • I don't know about Himanshu or Shabbir but you can try it on your own. I did that on my own. Take the previous 25 years questions (that directionias pdf) and attempt questions with the resources in front of you. Initially you'll need the sources to form good answers. But slowly you'll be able to do that on your own. Plus, completing previous years' questions is a huge bonus for this preparation.
    Prelims - 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
    Mains - 2016 | 2017 | 2018
    Interview - 2016 | 2017 | 2018
    Final list - X
  • I don't know about Himanshu or Shabbir but you can try it on your own. I did that on my own. Take the previous 25 years questions (that directionias pdf) and attempt questions with the resources in front of you. Initially you'll need the sources to form good answers. But slowly you'll be able to do that on your own. Plus, completing previous years' questions is a huge bonus for this preparation.

Oh. Questions repeat for geomorphology, climatology etc. But what about human geography part and models part ? I felt that questions are getting weirder and weirder. May be it is because I am new to this. But how to handle those ?
  • I had written my first mains this year and couldn't pass. I mainly faced problems in linking concepts to the questions. Also can someone help me with human geography resources ? I'm following only geographical thought by Majid Hussain

there also a book by sudipta adhikari...moreover shabbir sir's notes of human geography are good.
    Chaman meñ iḳhtilāt-e-rañg-o-bū se baat bantī hai ,

Ham hī ham haiñ to kyā ham haiñ tum hī tum ho to kyā tum ho .
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google