MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

[Query] Is world geography in the mains syllabus?

edited January 2014 in Miscellaneous
Salient features of world physical geography and distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India) ...... This is mentioned in gs -2 syllabus? But I have seen people saying that this is only limited to CSAT.
Please clarify.
First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
Optional - medical sciences

Comments

• edited January 2014
    It seems you have not read the 2013 CSE notification which clearly states the portion of prelims and mains separately, the part you have quoted is given under the mains syllabus. There is nothing ambiguous about it. So, yes, world geography is there is mains.

• Thanks , Would you please tell me what book would be best for world geography ?
    First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
    Optional - medical sciences
  • I only studied from the world geography part of my GS manual along with the NCERT books.

Check out the 'List of books for prelims' thread for more suggestions.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog