ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Will CSE-2018 Interviews take place before IFoS Interviews this year?

Even though CSE Mains- 2018 ended one month early as compared to last year (7th October as against 3rd November), The IFoS mains exam will be conducted at roughly the same time (first two weeks of December).
So by the time CSE Mains result is declared, IFoS Mains will still be underway.
Does this mean that CSE Interviews will start in January and be wrapped up in February itself, to be followed by IFoS interviews in March?

Or will they be put on hold until IFoS interviews end, only to commence at around the same time i.e. middle of February?

Comments

• Kishor11 said:

Even though CSE Mains- 2018 ended one month early as compared to last year (7th October as against 3rd November), The IFoS mains exam will be conducted at roughly the same time (first two weeks of December).
    So by the time CSE Mains result is declared, IFoS Mains will still be underway.
    Does this mean that CSE Interviews will start in January and be wrapped up in February itself, to be followed by IFoS interviews in March?

Or will they be put on hold until IFoS interviews end, only to commence at around the same time i.e. middle of February?

I think ifos and cse mains result will be declared around same time this year between 25th December -31st December window

Ifos interview will be conducted from 21-27th January with results on 2nd feb. That is same as last year.

And cse interview will start from 4-5th feb and continue till 20th march and results around 25th march.
  • So the cse cycle will move by 1 month
    And ifos will stay as it is
  • edited November 2018

So the cse cycle will move by 1 month

If CSE cycle moves by one month, and IFoS stays as it is, there would be a clash in dates.
    Let me put it like this.
    Comparing LAST YEAR------------ THIS YEAR.

CSE MAINS ended on 3/11/17 ------------ 7/10/18
    IFoS MAINS ended on 13/12/17 ------------ 10/12/18
    IFoS MAINS result 3/1/2018 ------------ ??
    CSE MAINS result 10/1/18------------ ??
    IFoS INTERVIEWS 5/12/18-16/2/18 ------------ ??
    CSE INTERVIEWS 19/2/18- April end ------------ ??

Hope this table highlights the issue better.
  • Kishor11 said:

So the cse cycle will move by 1 month

If CSE cycle moves by one month, and IFoS stays as it is, there would be a clash in dates.
    Let me put it like this.
    Comparing

LAST YEAR------------ THIS YEAR.

CSE MAINS ended on.
    3/11/17 ------------ 7/10/18

IFoS MAINS ended on
    13/12/17 ------------ 10/12/18

IFoS result and CSE MAINS result both between 21-31st December

IFoS INTERVIEWS 1/2/18-11/2/18

CSE INTERVIEWS 15/2/18- march end

• That sounds more like it I think. Why just March end though? What's the expected interview intake vis a vis last year?
  • Kishor11 said:

That sounds more like it I think. Why just March end though? What's the expected interview intake vis a vis last year?

2017 2600
    2018 2100
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly