Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

UPSC Prelims 2019 Current Affairs

How to cover past months Current Affairs (CA) from The Hindu if I have started serious preparation for CSE 2019 from Nov18 onwards. Does Prelims CA comes near verbatim from The Hindu or Implicitly asked from the issues (and not news) in the recent past. Kindly help. Newbie here.

Comments

• 1. for the past months, go thru magazines.
    2. qsns generally don't come verbatim from Hindu, but the source of direct as well as indirect Current Affairs qsns is largely Hindu ( mainly news but articles to some extent as well)
    3. focus on issues is relevant in mains preparation, in prelims, focus on individual news items is needed.
    Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

https://chromeias.com/civil-services-prelims-focus-group-cs-pfg/

Entrance Exam on 28th Nov.
    2. qsns generally don't come verbatim from Hindu, but the source of direct as well as indirect Current Affairs qsns is largely Hindu ( mainly news but articles to some extent as well)
    3. focus on issues is relevant in mains preparation, in prelims, focus on individual news items is needed.

Thanks for the reply, but seeing past 2 years prelims paper, upsc is framing paper keeping in mind coaching material like vision/insights CA magazines.
    Then how to cover previous months? What if Questions came from Jan18 to Oct18 period in prelims? This stress is hampering my prep.

Kindly suggest a way out.
  • I am not qualified enough to suggest you as i have just started prep for 2019 pre. But my views on the issue are-
    1. Answering prelims questions based on hindu reading is possible only if daily notes are made and revised multiple times. Not possible for working person like me. Hence monthly magazines. Plus test series to fill the loop holes as much as possible.
    2. Hindu is extremely useful for mains point of view as good analysis by experts are available for all important issues in the editorial section.
    3. Along with CA magazine from June 2018 onwards, any yearly compilation for last pre will effectively cover 2 years CA for 2019.
  • If you are attempting CSE 2019 then you must read CA covering from Jan 2018 to April 2019...now it is practically impossible to cover The Hindu Articles manually so i would suggest you to read Vision Monthly booklets as much as you can read and at last read Vision PT 365 for effective revision....if you would like to do some extra efforts then you can go through Civilsdaily important issues which frequently appear in The Hindu and IE...Test Series is of utmost importance to fill up the gaps..all the best
  • shubh04 said:

If you are attempting CSE 2019 then you must read CA covering from Jan 2018 to April 2019...now it is practically impossible to cover The Hindu Articles manually so i would suggest you to read Vision Monthly booklets as much as you can read and at last read Vision PT 365 for effective revision....if you would like to do some extra efforts then you can go through Civilsdaily important issues which frequently appear in The Hindu and IE...Test Series is of utmost importance to fill up the gaps..all the best

Thanks shubh04:

How good is civilsdaily CA? Never heard about it. How to cover CA from it?

Thanks for the reply, but seeing past 2 years prelims paper, upsc is framing paper keeping in mind coaching material like vision/insights CA magazines.
    Then how to cover previous months? What if Questions came from Jan18 to Oct18 period in prelims? This stress is hampering my prep.

C.A. magazines are the best way. Take from Jan and read them till pre. Don't fall in the trap of second guessing UPSC. You won't find a single source from where ques are lifted in entirety(except NCERTs in some cases).
    Miles to go before I sleep..
  • jiske pass time hai

Jan 2016- Nov 2018 ( vision raat dalo)

Dec 2018- May 2019 ( hindu )

• shubh04 said:

If you are attempting CSE 2019 then you must read CA covering from Jan 2018 to April 2019...now it is practically impossible to cover The Hindu Articles manually so i would suggest you to read Vision Monthly booklets as much as you can read and at last read Vision PT 365 for effective revision....if you would like to do some extra efforts then you can go through Civilsdaily important issues which frequently appear in The Hindu and IE...Test Series is of utmost importance to fill up the gaps..all the best

Thanks shubh04:

I would rate civilsdaily as best source for daily current affairs if one would read it religiously throughout his/her preparation...the best thing about it is the editorial summary it provides from every major newspaper...They also provide their current affairs monthly magazines but it is paid one so you wont find free pdf of that.
  • shubh04 said:

shubh04 said:

Thanks shubh04:

I would rate civilsdaily as best source for daily current affairs if one would read it religiously throughout his/her preparation...the best thing about it is the editorial summary it provides from every major newspaper...They also provide their current affairs monthly magazines but it is paid one so you wont find free pdf of that.

:trollface:

• edited November 2018
    This platform is now giving competition to coaching wallas in terms of MISGUIDENCE.

Khud lado.khud Sikho.

P. S-personal opinion.
    PSIR

1. u can't read newspapers of past months, so the only option left to u is to cover magazines.
    2. there is no answer to " what if"...u can say anything and then put a " what if" as prefix. There is no limit to what UPSC can ask, but there is a limit to what one can prepare. So all common sense says that pepare for 1 year period before d exam month.
    3.don't take stress. Just prepare.
    Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

https://chromeias.com/civil-services-prelims-focus-group-cs-pfg/

Entrance Exam on 28th Nov.
  • Ok..
    I also heard CivilsDaily doing amazing! Even Anudeeep also mentioned it. Copy pasting his CA sources
    ------
    Current Affairs:

1. The Hindu
    2. The Big Picture on RSTV
    3. CivilsDaily current affairs material
    4. I also referred to Insights/ForumIAS current affairs material for topics not covered well by CivilsDaily
    5. PRS India for latest legislation
    6. All India Radio – Spotlight (used to listen during my commute to the office)
    ------

Later I also subscribed
    [Civilsdaily] 1 Year Magazines Mega Combo (June 2018 to May 2019).
    Don't know how to rate them after 3, 4 months.
    Any ideas from people who following CivilsDaily?
  • If anyone needs insights preliminary test series at a discounted price DM me!
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly