Indian Forest Service 2018 Results are out! ForumIAS Academy Students Secure Rank 1, 2, 3 ! Congratulations to all!
Current Affairs Classes for IAS Interview Students 2018 ForumIAS will be holding Current Affairs Classes for Interview Students on Saturday and Sunday at 5PM, Feb 9 & 10.

J&k assembly dissolution (legal-political aspects)

edited November 2018 in Miscellaneous
After day long drama and with two different groups staking claim to form govt in j&k , governor of j&k in a late night order dissolved the j&k assembly.

What are the legal aspects of this ? Isnt the governor acting as stooge for central govt to deny legitimate stable govt formation in state ? (given recent karanatka darma and what convention is for governor)

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/jk-political-drama-live-updates-not-able-to-fax-letter-claiming-numbers-for-govt-formation-to-raj-bhavan-says-mehbooba-1945819.html
HUSTLE

Comments

• edited November 2018
  • This issue should be left for judicial interpretations first if this matter goes to SC.
    Mindless political class is overburdening judiciary.
    All politicians should be kept in jail. Dimaag ka dahi kar diya hai sab party.

#all politicians are thieves.
  • edited November 2018
    Ramarse said:

This issue should be left for judicial interpretations first if this matter goes to SC.

I thought the karanatka case would have laid some rules for this , but there is no news/update regarding it
    HUSTLE
  • Ramarse said:

This issue should be left for judicial interpretations first if this matter goes to SC.

I thought the karanatk case would have laid some rules for this , but there is no news/update regarding it
    No. There isn’t any rule. Unless it is written somewhere (law or in constitution) no party is going to follow any convention when politics is involved. But yes. Aggrieved parties can always go to court.
  • edited November 2018
    Farebi said:

Ramarse said:

I thought the karanatk case would have laid some rules for this , but there is no news/update regarding it
    No. There isn’t any rule. Unless it is written somewhere (law or in constitution) no party is going to follow any convention when politics is involved. But yes. Aggrieved parties can always go to court.
    Office of Governor is constitutional body and not supposed to favour any one political party or work against any other
    HUSTLE
  • Farebi said:

Ramarse said:

Governor is constitutional body and not supposed to favour any one political party or work against any other
    Yes. It sounds really nice!
  • Which constitutional body in India performs it's constitutional work properly?
    Leave your fantasy word and face the reality..!!
    Farebi said:

Farebi said:

Ramarse said:

Governor is constitutional body and not supposed to favour any one political party or work against any other
    पदाहतं सदुत्थाय मूर्धानमधिरोहति ।
    स्वस्थादेवाबमानेपि देहिनस्वद्वरं रज: ॥
  • Which constitutional body in India performs it's constitutional work properly?

Farebi said:

Farebi said:

Ramarse said:

I think devsena ji ne yeh baat Zohan ke liye likha hai. :blush:
  • 100%..
    उनको भी आदत पड़ गई है..बेसिर पैर के threads बनाने की..!!
    Farebi said:

Which constitutional body in India performs it's constitutional work properly?

Farebi said:

Farebi said:

Ramarse said:

पदाहतं सदुत्थाय मूर्धानमधिरोहति ।
    स्वस्थादेवाबमानेपि देहिनस्वद्वरं रज: ॥
  • All i am saying is ki jb parties have staked the claim to isnt it duty of governor to first look into that possibility
    HUSTLE
  • All i am saying is ki jb parties have staked the claim to isnt it duty of governor to first look into that possibility

Yes. You are right. And you are cute too. :kissing_heart:
  • 100%..
    उनको भी आदत पड़ गई है..बेसिर पैर के threads बनाने की..!!

Farebi said:

Which constitutional body in India performs it's constitutional work properly?

Farebi said:

Farebi said:

Ramarse said:

Unko “bhi” se kya matlab hai aapka, My Lady! :blush:
  • Unless rules are laid down, written or documented properly, governor/president can follow their own discretion. However aggrieved parties can always approach supreme court if they feel they have been sidelined.
    Only supreme court can judicially review governor's discretion of president's rule, calling upon political parties to form government when there is no majority etc
  • Waise agar aggrieved parties will approach supreme court, they will definitely win this case..... B)
  • Farebi said:

Ramarse said:

Office of Governor is constitutional body and not supposed to favour any one political party or work against any other
    There is a thin line between not supposed to and will not favour
    Will not favour means legal accountability and not supposed to means integrity + conscience and discretion of governor (in this case only discretion is justiciable in court of law, not conscience and integrity )
    :mrgreen:
  • " Governer is agent of centre in state "

Malik sahab dil pe le gaye baat
    Aham Brahmasi
  • " Governer is agent of centre in state "

Malik sahab dil pe le gaye baat

here center means the central govt , not a political party ( officially)

the karnataka case was same , but it seems either the case is still being heard or something else , as no guidelines were laid .

p.s : it seems the motive of PDP , Congress and NC was to get assembly dissolved
    HUSTLE
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google