Can I get IAS if I start preparing now

Hello friends,
I want to know and understand whether is it possible to get into IAS if I start my preparation now starting from scratch.
I left my studies in 2011. Please don't ask what I did from 2011_2018, I did nothing but learn lot of life lessons.
Now since Mains are also over any senior if at all gone through this phase please give your insights.
Soliciting help from sincere/senior/qualified people on this forum.
And whether any kind soul can lend his hand in guiding me through this journey.
No bakar Please.
Thanks
"मां कर्मफलहेतुर्भू: मांते संङगोस्त्वकर्मणि"
2019- 1st Attempt
Geography

Comments

• Hello friends,
    I want to know and understand whether is it possible to get into IAS if I start my preparation now starting from scratch.
    I left my studies in 2011. Please don't ask what I did from 2011_2018, I did nothing but learn lot of life lessons.
    Now since Mains are also over any senior if at all gone through this phase please give your insights.
    No bakar Please.
    Thanks

Yup :smile:
    Agar kisi ke pass attempts bacche hai, chahe ek hi ho he can become IAS...... o:)
  • sss123 said:

Hello friends,
    No bakar Please.
    Thanks

Agar kisi ke pass attempts bacche hai, chahe ek hi ho he can become IAS...... o:)
    :+1: :+1:
  • sss123 said:

Hello friends,
    No bakar Please.
    Thanks

Aur sirf ek hi attempt chaiye hota hai IAS banne ke liye :smile:
  • To become IAS life lessons are more important than bookish lessons, so you are already ahead.Go for it o:)
    P - 3 | M - 3 | I-Never
  • edited October 2018
    I would heavily recommend you to take advice from toppers and not just senior people like me. Just make sure these toppers are not bought by coaching institutes as they often are. Mrunal is usually a good and trustworthy place for topper interviews. Gaurav Aggarwal (he goes a little too overboard though), anudeep, Ila Tripathi, Bhavesh etc are some good ones to start with
  • Honestly, you need to work really hard given the available time. Count every single day and make every single day count, leave no stone unturned
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
  • edited October 2018

Hello friends,
    even then you are asking : )))))

No bakar Please.
    Thanks

Arbeit macht frei

• You have to change your attitude tho, if your username holds true for your personality in general. I say this as someone who has hidden behind excuses and escaped previous failures by falling back on psychedelics, which you can't do anymore, if you are to make these 10 months until next mains count.

A lot of people are struggling everyday, you need to give your 100% daily too. I know people who are back at it just after a 3-4 days gap after mains, that is the level of competition and sincerity today.

Nothing really stops us, but our own flaws. Rage, my friend, rage against the dying of the light, while you are still young
  • edited October 2018
    sss123 said:

sss123 said:

Hello friends,
    No bakar Please.
    Thanks

Aur sirf ek hi attempt chaiye hota hai IAS banne ke liye :smile:

thank you Bhai log.
    2019- 1st Attempt
    Geography
  • Alright said:

To become IAS life lessons are more important than bookish lessons, so you are already ahead.Go for it o:)

Thanks brother for the support and motivation
    2019- 1st Attempt
    Geography
  • I would heavily recommend you to take advice from toppers and not just senior people like me. Just make sure these toppers are not bought by coaching institutes as they often are. Mrunal is usually a good and trustworthy place for topper interviews. Gaurav Aggarwal (he goes a little too overboard though), anudeep, Ila Tripathi, Bhavesh etc are some good ones to start with

Hello friends,
    even then you are asking : )))))

No bakar Please.
    Thanks

You have to change your attitude tho, if your username holds true for your personality in general. I say this as someone who has hidden behind excuses and escaped previous failures by falling back on psychedelics, which you can't do anymore, if you are to make these 10 months until next mains count.

A lot of people are struggling everyday, you need to give your 100% daily too. I know people who are back at it just after a 3-4 days gap after mains, that is the level of competition and sincerity today.

Nothing really stops us, but our own flaws. Rage, my friend, rage against the dying of the light, while you are still young

Thank you guys, ye sahi h ki We create our own boundaries very often and thus unknowingly we hinder our own path.
    Thanks for squeezing or time from your busy schedule.
    God bless you all.

Ps- @DonQuixote I know I am not an escapist but my mind force me to believe I am. And I am trying to overcome this rascal state of mind. Btw you hit the nail. Nice observation.
    2019- 1st Attempt
    Geography
  • Hello friends,
    No bakar Please.
    Thanks

All the best bro.
    P-4 | M-3* | I-0
  • Hello friends,
    No bakar Please.
    Thanks

All the best bro.
    Thanks
    2019- 1st Attempt
    Geography
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google