India votes in favour of UNGA resolution demanding UK withdraw from Chagos Archipelago Pakistan successfully test-fires ballistic missile Shaheen-II capable of hitting India Affiliation of ICG ship Shaurya with 3rd(Naga Hills) battalion of Assam Rifles I&B advisory to TV channels; asked to comply with respective undertakings of carrying news or non-news content U20 leaders call on G20 to accelerate SDG goals progress
All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
Start Now
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Official Guidance Thread for IFS Mains 2018 | By IFS Officers Sandeep Reddy & Akhil

13468911

Comments

  • Cant we have same discussions about mains cutoff that is happening in civils thread
  • Jim said:

    Cant we have same discussions about mains cutoff that is happening in civils thread

    We can have..But sample size is too low...
    ये जो मोहल्ले में बसते हैं अच्छे लोग, इनका बहुत बड़ा हाथ है मुझे बुरा बनाने में
  • Is there scaling in IFoS optionals?
  • Jim said:

    Cant we have same discussions about mains cutoff that is happening in civils thread

    Result will be out in no time
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
  • kneel said:

    Is there scaling in IFoS optionals?

    What is scaling?
  • Jim said:

    kneel said:

    Is there scaling in IFoS optionals?

    What is scaling?
    As different optional have different difficulty level and hence different level of marks are obtained. Scaling is done to minimise that effect
    ये जो मोहल्ले में बसते हैं अच्छे लोग, इनका बहुत बड़ा हाथ है मुझे बुरा बनाने में
  • this year mechanical paper 2 was one of the toughest when compared to last year or withs civil services.(i have experience of writting 3 mains) coupled with it question combination was such that u had to leave atleat 40 marks which were all new question .even at our centre when we were discussing paper none said they could have a decent attempt and they were also not sure of whatever they had attempted.also my friend said geology was bit tough .so this year cuttoff will decrese i guess .any take on this guys?
    CSE P4/M3/I0. IFOS P4/M2/I0
  • this year mechanical paper 2 was one of the toughest when compared to last year or withs civil services.(i have experience of writting 3 mains) coupled with it question combination was such that u had to leave atleat 40 marks which were all new question .even at our centre when we were discussing paper none said they could have a decent attempt and they were also not sure of whatever they had attempted.also my friend said geology was bit tough .so this year cuttoff will decrese i guess .any take on this guys?

    Brother i was looking at the marks of finally selected candidates of 2017

    Rank 1 had 803 marks in written that was highest
    Other one who got finally selected with lowest marks in written with 683
    Upsc cut off says 652 marks was the lowest who was called for interview

    P.s. marks r of gen. Category
    and last year geology was one of the toughest
  • i knew topper personally .he had mech as one of the optional .but last year mech was very easy .but this year it will be very hared to cross 200 both combined . for a good mains total above 700 only engg and maths optional can take u .and both were tough .even if geology was easy but there a upper limit to that optional .so last year cuttoff and this yeras will vary a lot.
    CSE P4/M3/I0. IFOS P4/M2/I0
  • edited December 2018
    maths paper1 was tougher than this years cse maths paper1, and last years ifos
    maths paper2 ifos was in between ifos p2(2017)(easier) and cse p2(2017/2018)(tougher) in terms of toughness
  • Jim said:

    this year mechanical paper 2 was one of the toughest when compared to last year or withs civil services.(i have experience of writting 3 mains) coupled with it question combination was such that u had to leave atleat 40 marks which were all new question .even at our centre when we were discussing paper none said they could have a decent attempt and they were also not sure of whatever they had attempted.also my friend said geology was bit tough .so this year cuttoff will decrese i guess .any take on this guys?

    Brother i was looking at the marks of finally selected candidates of 2017

    Rank 1 had 803 marks in written that was highest
    Other one who got finally selected with lowest marks in written with 683
    Upsc cut off says 652 marks was the lowest who was called for interview

    P.s. marks r of gen. Category
    and last year geology was one of the toughest
    Can u share the doc. What is the rangenof marks in English and gk. With the very tough optional paper I have to rely on these two
  • ab94 said:

    Jim said:

    this year mechanical paper 2 was one of the toughest when compared to last year or withs civil services.(i have experience of writting 3 mains) coupled with it question combination was such that u had to leave atleat 40 marks which were all new question .even at our centre when we were discussing paper none said they could have a decent attempt and they were also not sure of whatever they had attempted.also my friend said geology was bit tough .so this year cuttoff will decrese i guess .any take on this guys?

    Brother i was looking at the marks of finally selected candidates of 2017

    Rank 1 had 803 marks in written that was highest
    Other one who got finally selected with lowest marks in written with 683
    Upsc cut off says 652 marks was the lowest who was called for interview

    P.s. marks r of gen. Category
    and last year geology was one of the toughest
    Can u share the doc. What is the rangenof marks in English and gk. With the very tough optional paper I have to rely on these two
    https://freehomedelivery.net/2018/03/17/ifs-main-2017-marks-of-recommended-candidates-indian-forest-service/

    No separate marks are given for gs and english
  • Jim said:

    ab94 said:

    Jim said:

    this year mechanical paper 2 was one of the toughest when compared to last year or withs civil services.(i have experience of writting 3 mains) coupled with it question combination was such that u had to leave atleat 40 marks which were all new question .even at our centre when we were discussing paper none said they could have a decent attempt and they were also not sure of whatever they had attempted.also my friend said geology was bit tough .so this year cuttoff will decrese i guess .any take on this guys?

    Brother i was looking at the marks of finally selected candidates of 2017

    Rank 1 had 803 marks in written that was highest
    Other one who got finally selected with lowest marks in written with 683
    Upsc cut off says 652 marks was the lowest who was called for interview

    P.s. marks r of gen. Category
    and last year geology was one of the toughest
    Can u share the doc. What is the rangenof marks in English and gk. With the very tough optional paper I have to rely on these two
    https://freehomedelivery.net/2018/03/17/ifs-main-2017-marks-of-recommended-candidates-indian-forest-service/

    No separate marks are given for gs and english
    Oh OK thanks!
  • what were avg score in gs and geology last year
    CSE P4/M3/I0. IFOS P4/M2/I0
  • what were avg score in gs and geology last year

    Gs 110 - 115

    Geology ppr 1 --70 - 75. Ppr 2 -- 95 - 105
  • what were avg score in gs and geology last year

    Brother is it possible to compare last year with present
    Last year geology was difficult
  • Why this thread is silent
    Kaha gaye sab
    Karan
    Indianajones
    Ab
    Phagocyte
    Ranjeet
    Kaha ho bhailog
  • Jim said:

    Why this thread is silent
    Kaha gaye sab
    Karan
    Indianajones
    Ab
    Phagocyte
    Ranjeet
    Kaha ho bhailog

    yahi hai bhai.bas enjoying some free time and waiting for results .
    CSE P4/M3/I0. IFOS P4/M2/I0
  • someone post any inside info on result date and which will come first csm or ifos
    CSE P4/M3/I0. IFOS P4/M2/I0
  • Will ifos results come by this months end ?
  • kneel said:

    Will ifos results come by this months end ?

    someone post any inside info on result date and which will come first csm or ifos

    Last yr ifos last ppr was on 13th dec and results came on 3rd jan. As per this first week of January seems probable.

    Csm will come first as per all the infos of csm by this weekend.

    PS no insider here
  • karan84 said:

    kneel said:

    Will ifos results come by this months end ?

    someone post any inside info on result date and which will come first csm or ifos

    Last yr ifos last ppr was on 13th dec and results came on 3rd jan. As per this first week of January seems probable.

    Csm will come first as per all the infos of csm by this weekend.

    PS no insider here
    Same to same feelings..
    ये जो मोहल्ले में बसते हैं अच्छे लोग, इनका बहुत बड़ा हाथ है मुझे बुरा बनाने में
  • karan84 said:

    kneel said:

    Will ifos results come by this months end ?

    someone post any inside info on result date and which will come first csm or ifos

    Last yr ifos last ppr was on 13th dec and results came on 3rd jan. As per this first week of January seems probable.

    Csm will come first as per all the infos of csm by this weekend.

    PS no insider here
    Seems likely
  • 4 February se CSE interview hain.

    Means 4 February se pehle pehle IFOS interview poore khatam ho jaayenge....

    Mains Result agar January first week tak bhi ata hai, toh bhi hardly 10-12 din milenge interview preparation karne ke liye...
  • 4 February se CSE interview hain.

    Means 4 February se pehle pehle IFOS interview poore khatam ho jaayenge....

    Mains Result agar January first week tak bhi ata hai, toh bhi hardly 10-12 din milenge interview preparation karne ke liye...

    or we can expect IFOS result this month itself.
  • 4 February se CSE interview hain.

    Means 4 February se pehle pehle IFOS interview poore khatam ho jaayenge....

    Mains Result agar January first week tak bhi ata hai, toh bhi hardly 10-12 din milenge interview preparation karne ke liye...

    ivan brother
    how was botany paper, most of the aspirants that i met said that botany was easy
    i think many with combination of forestry and botany have done really well as both papers were straightforward
  • Jim said:

    4 February se CSE interview hain.

    Means 4 February se pehle pehle IFOS interview poore khatam ho jaayenge....

    Mains Result agar January first week tak bhi ata hai, toh bhi hardly 10-12 din milenge interview preparation karne ke liye...

    ivan brother
    how was botany paper, most of the aspirants that i met said that botany was easy
    i think many with combination of forestry and botany have done really well as both papers were straightforward
    Replied you on other IFOS thread bhai
  • 4 February se CSE interview hain.

    Means 4 February se pehle pehle IFOS interview poore khatam ho jaayenge....

    Mains Result agar January first week tak bhi ata hai, toh bhi hardly 10-12 din milenge interview preparation karne ke liye...

    or we can expect IFOS result this month itself.
    Haan dekho ab.. Yahi lag raha hai
  • ifos result 20 din main ata hai so next week friday expected results
    CSE P4/M3/I0. IFOS P4/M2/I0
  • 4 February se CSE interview hain.

    Means 4 February se pehle pehle IFOS interview poore khatam ho jaayenge....

    Mains Result agar January first week tak bhi ata hai, toh bhi hardly 10-12 din milenge interview preparation karne ke liye...

    or we can expect IFOS result this month itself.
    Haan dekho ab.. Yahi lag raha hai
    last year cutoff for mains was 652
    first rank of ifos got 803 in mains and person recommended with least marks in written got 683
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google