Current Affairs for Prelims 2019 | Online | Offline | 25th March@5PM
Course is available in both Online & Offline Mode.
Join Online Classes | Join Offline Classes | Click here to know more
We are hiring!

Advisory to all Students appearing for Mains 2018

Dear Students,

This is to request to all of you appearing for Mains 2018. Every year a Lot of candidates end up wasting their time by way of falling sick. Please take care of the following to avoid falling sick before the exams.

Please wear full sleeves cloths and full length shoes during the day time to avoid bitten by Dengue mosquitoes. Wear shoes instead of slippers to protect yourself.

Drink plenty of water or other fluids. If you are consuming fluids from outside, only go for bottled water or boiled things such as hot tea/ coffee. Do not drink outside water or water that you cannot trust.

Use All Out / Any other mosquito repellent during the day to avoid mosquitoes. In case your area has more mosquitoes than average, use a mosquito repellent body cream etc.

Due to weather change, a lot of people catch cold or other viral. Use a hand sanitiser for the next 20 days to keep yourself free from getting sick. Know that due to exam stress, you may already be having low immunity.

Do not eat outside food. If you essentially have to because you are staying away from home, make sure that you only eat fresh food, and preferably hot food. Do not eat cut fruits in the open or any watery evening food such as golgappa / panipuri

From now onwards try to improve your sleep cycle, so that by the time of the examination, you are in fully alert condition at 9AMish when your exam will commence. Slowly and slowly late night studies have to make way for day time studies.
root

Comments

• Thanks mate.
  • Is water served in school safe? Or should we carry our own water bottles? Do they even allow water bottles?
  • sleep cycle adjustment is my biggest worry , have been trying from last to 2 days but the outcome is oversleeping - 8hr yesterday and 7 today + tiredness
    sayonara
  • Thanks a lot :)
    all i need is You Lord
  • Sleep cycle disturbed....habitual of studying in night
  • Hello r :mrgreen: :mrgreen: t

Kaisan ba??
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

sleep cycle adjustment is my biggest worry , have been trying from last to 2 days but the outcome is oversleeping - 8hr yesterday and 7 today + tiredness

GS 3,4 and optional will be effected seriously. Do something, one week is a good time
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
  • Is water served in school safe? Or should we carry our own water bottles? Do they even allow water bottles?

Why risk. Take bottle.. there is also the additional scare that the guy serving water in exam Hall could spill on your paper
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
  • Phagocyte said:

Is water served in school safe? Or should we carry our own water bottles? Do they even allow water bottles?

Why risk. Take bottle.. there is also the additional scare that the guy serving water in exam Hall could spill on your paper
    Bro just reading those lines gave me a nightmare. Oh my god.. haha... It was painful to read.
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

sleep cycle adjustment is my biggest worry , have been trying from last to 2 days but the outcome is oversleeping - 8hr yesterday and 7 today + tiredness

Just do some intense exercise a week before exam(preferably evening)... then sleep, you'll surely feel fresh next morning!!!
    :)
  • Very good thread. Much needed post.

One point which I would like to add is that keep an energy drink handy.
    If somehow you are down with fatigue between the papers or before the papers just gulp a can of Redbull, Cloud9, Monster, Burn, Sting etc. whichever you prefer. It's very helpful and many candidates, including me, use them.

At many test centres such drinks aren't available nearby. And sometimes the headache with 3 hours of pointed focus can be excruciating, especially before GS2 and GS4. So keep a pack of energy drink cans if you are prone to fatigue or eyeburn.
    2013, 2014 - Mains*
    2015 - Interview*
    2016 - IRS (C&CE)
    2017 - IPS
    2018 - Prelims, Mains, Personality Test*
  • Very good thread. Much needed post.

If somehow you are down with fatigue between the papers or before the papers just gulp a can of Redbull, Cloud9, Monster, Burn, Sting etc. whichever you prefer. It's very helpful and many candidates, including me, use them.

At many test centres such drinks aren't available nearby. And sometimes the headache with 3 hours of pointed focus can be excruciating, especially before GS2 and GS4. So keep a pack of energy drink cans if you are prone to fatigue or eyeburn.

Doesn't the energy drink drain you much faster after an hour or so when its effect ends? So if i take it in break wont it affect my chances while writing actual paper?
    What has been your experience?
    I was considering taking red bull as i my sleep cycle is opposite and now there is no time to readjust.
    Please reply @jack_dawson
    36 ka aankda with upsc
  • Thank you so much! Dear!!
  • Thank you Forum for such motivation, since m preparing from home without much contacts, i find such posts really boosting.
  • edited September 2018
    chokeslam said:

Very good thread. Much needed post.

Doesn't the energy drink drain you much faster after an hour or so when its effect ends? So if i take it in break wont it affect my chances while writing actual paper?
    I was considering taking red bull as i my sleep cycle is opposite and now there is no time to readjust.
    I have had issue with fatigue since college days due to my rather large built (6'0", ~90 kg) Continuous sitting wears me out fast. So I have to rely on coffee, Revital-H, energy drinks and Himalaya's Gokshura during and before mains' phase.

I take RedBull around 15 minutes before second shift after a carbohydrate rich snack, preferably banana and brown bread sandwich. It helps me with a burst during the initial stressful phase.
    Yes, it does wears out after 1.5 hour or so, but the initial kick is very important for me. I can't really sit for 3 hours in second shift without it.

As for sleep, I have had no issues there. I remain in this drug-fueled phase only for a month or so around mains. Try Himalaya Tagara if you want a sound sleep. I used it in previous years. It really helps.
    2013, 2014 - Mains*
    2015 - Interview*
    2016 - IRS (C&CE)
    2017 - IPS
    2018 - Prelims, Mains, Personality Test*
  • Thank you for answering sir
    36 ka aankda with upsc
  • chokeslam said:

I have had issue with fatigue since college days due to my rather large built (6'0", ~90 kg) Continuous sitting wears me out fast. So I have to rely on coffee, Revital-H, energy drinks and Himalaya's Gokshura during and before mains' phase.

I take RedBull around 15 minutes before second shift after a carbohydrate rich snack, preferably banana and brown bread sandwich. It helps me with a burst during the initial stressful phase.
    Yes, it does wears out after 1.5 hour or so, but the initial kick is very important for me. I can't really sit for 3 hours in second shift without it.

As for sleep, I have had no issues there. I remain in this drug-fueled phase only for a month or so around mains. Try Himalaya Tagara if you want a sound sleep. I used it in previous years. It really helps.
    Yesterday, I popped 2 pills (each worth 200mg of Caffeine) before writing a test in afternoon. Nothing happened. Absolutely no different than previous day when I didn't take those pills.

One can of Redbull has ONLY 80 mg of caffeine.

I am 6'2" and 225 lbs. Is my size to blame or some genetic cum physiological discordance is there in my very system? :/
  • edited September 2018

chokeslam said:

Yesterday, I popped 2 pills (each worth 200mg of Caffeine) before writing a test in afternoon. Nothing happened. Absolutely no different than previous day when I didn't take those pills.

I am 6'2" and 225 lbs. Is my size to blame or some genetic cum physiological discordance is there in my very system? :/
    Same for me.
    I'm pretty much similar build. Red bull has no effect on me.
  • chokeslam said:

Same for me.
    Have you tried Hell? Much stronger compared to redbull imo.
    ".....Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."

"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
  • Orwell_22 said:

chokeslam said:

Same for me.
    Have you tried Hell? Much stronger compared to redbull imo.
    Haven't yet. will see tomorrow.
  • Should I drink redbull immediately after shift 1 or an hour before shift 2? The thing is I want to avoid the urge to visit the washroom during exam.
  • heck!!!!!! you guys are mad tall , Jupiter se ho kya :mask:
    sayonara
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google