ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Topics for essay

edited September 13 in Essay
Everyone please put topics and some related data, quotes that you think may be useful for eaasy paper in mains 2018.

Comments

• Urban flooding
  • Mob lynching

• Hope this helps.
    IMG_20180914_091729.jpg
    3456 x 4608 - 6M
    2013, 2014 - Mains*
    2015 - Interview*
    2016 - IRS (C&CE)
    2017 - IPS
    2018 - Prelims, Mains*
  • Agriculture and Environment, i think one/two essays will be on these topics so data and current around this should help.
    P - 3 | M - 3* | I -0
  • edited September 14
    1. Federalism in India ( apart from political other dimensions like, GST and financial relations, recent events like state flags, Regionalism, rivers, promotion of Hindi etc).

2. Social media - Again should be multi dimensional, give a touch of Current issues

3. Local Governance, current issues related to ULGs and PRIs.

4. Disaster Management, focus on floods and droughts, food security, malnutrition, poverty, internal migrations, social tensions, crimes etc

5. Women issues. you can write a lot here.

6. Declining trend in employment growth rate. Growth without jobs, creative destruction is not happening! implications of new technologies like AI VR BigData etc

7. Environment, sustainable development, boring topic but really very important.

8. An open ended statement related to Science can be expected.

9. Education too is important.

10. Maoists and issues related to internal security, defence preparedness.

11. tourism

12. External trade, protectionism and effects on India, issues in WTO.

Atleast 50% of essay topics are covered :wink:

• edited September 14
    Cramming to reproduce wont help much of course you are expected to be a judge here :'( Organize better.
  • edited September 14
    Prepare around 20 points each, a few quotes, a few theories and a few facts for each of the topic in the link below.

http://mrunal.org/2015/12/download-upsc-mains-2015-essay-paper-analysis.html#363

If you practice the above topics, you can easily attempt 2 topics properly, no matter what is asked.

I usually avoid economics and polity topics, and love attempting topics related to society, science and philosophy because there's so much you can write and there's little scope for our inherent biases to get reflected in these write-ups.
  • pizzza said:

Prepare around 20 points each, a few quotes, a few theories and a few facts for each of the topic in the link below.

http://mrunal.org/2015/12/download-upsc-mains-2015-essay-paper-analysis.html#363

If you practice the above topics, you can easily attempt 2 topics properly, no matter what is asked.

I usually avoid economics and polity topics, and love attempting topics related to society, science and philosophy because there's so much you can write and there's little scope for our inherent biases to get reflected in these write-ups.

could you possibly share your notes that u have made for essay?
  • @pizzza yes/no? :'( :)

Hey really sorry, I somehow missed out on this. I haven't made any notes for essay. Will be using the same content from GS.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog