Vice-Admiral Verma moves Tribunal Judges’ panel to hear charges against CJI India may send NIA team to assist in probe India may stop oil imports from Iran Price controls hurting FDI in medical devices sector
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

How to quit bank during probation period

Hello friends...I am in great confusion please help me. I got selected for both Ibps po and Ibps clerk.Though banking is not my goal I joined simply for financial support as I wanted to crack SSC and my final goal is to crack UPSC. I joined canara bank PO but only while signing the bond I got to know its 1 lakh bond ( till last year just a deposit 25k)..I thought I would get time for studies but after joining I feel really stressful and no time to study..i almost leave bank between 8 to 9 daily.I wanted to correct my mistake and wanted to join ibps clerk so that I can study in peace. Pls guide me how should I quit I just worked for 2 months....And is there any way to quit with less or no bond amount. I heard from my friend that including the 1 lakh bond amount I will be asked to pay training charges stay etc and almost 2 lakhs I should loose.... Please guide me I'm in lot of stress now because of my decision....I cant afford such big amount....

Comments

• Resigning P.O and joining clerk is not a good idea.. you will regret again when you join clerk.. four month i.e each quarter's last month even clerk has to do extra work and it gets late to leave bank plus you will be under officer post which is u just left.. you will not be satisfied at all..

So keep your P.O post.. along with that try to study, during probation in every 4-6 month you will be transferred to other branch, staying late in branch depends on manager, your present manager must not have any work or life at house so he stays late, other manager may not be same, he may close branch at 5:30 or 6:00 pm... so you will get more time then.

For ssc, take 2 month medical leave before prelims and 2 month Medical leave before mains.. that will get you time to prepare in best manner and clear ssc.. getting anyone post in ssc will not be tough for you since you already have that level to clear p.o..

Once you get into final list of ssc.. give notice period of resignation that day in bank and resign once notice period is over..and prepare for upsc..

Most importantly don't get frustrated.. be cool.. bank job is like that only.. believe that it's just a matter of one year.

And for bond, everything is included in 1 lakh no extra charge like training cost and all.. your friend scaring you without any knowledge.. but yes you may need to give notice period before you resign... for some bank it's 1 month for some 3 month.
  • edited August 2018
    It is bond amount and 1-3 months of salary depending on the bank.
    I am also in bank and totally get you brother. Wish I could explain in detail but I myself don't have time to go into all that..we can talk in October about this. For now keep doing your work and utilize your weekends properly..no masti, yaari and all that bullshit.
  • Actually less salary for clerk is not a matter to me I just wanted a less stressful job and a 10 to 5 job.to study. For clerk they didn't call me yet so I wanted to take wise decision now itself so tat I can switch to clerk. My manager is a unmarried lady who stays in a apartment just opposite to the bank...I am also a girl but I had to travel in two buses to reach home.... she wants me to stay at office even at 9 ...And my parents are compelling to get married soon...So it's like now or never.... seeing the situation I'm sure I can't study for upsc as a po.. atleast for me.... So kindly advice me is there any way not to pay bond amount and quit po
  • Pheobe said:

Actually less salary for clerk is not a matter to me I just wanted a less stressful job and a 10 to 5 job.to study. For clerk they didn't call me yet so I wanted to take wise decision now itself so tat I can switch to clerk. My manager is a unmarried lady who stays in a apartment just opposite to the bank...I am also a girl but I had to travel in two buses to reach home.... she wants me to stay at office even at 9 ...And my parents are compelling to get married soon...So it's like now or never.... seeing the situation I'm sure I can't study for upsc as a po.. atleast for me.... So kindly advice me is there any way not to pay bond amount and quit po

Sadly, no. If you want to go through legal procedure then maybe...but that would be waste of time and money.
  • Pheobe said:

Hello friends...I am in great confusion please help me. I got selected for both Ibps po and Ibps clerk.Though banking is not my goal I joined simply for financial support as I wanted to crack SSC and my final goal is to crack UPSC. I joined canara bank PO but only while signing the bond I got to know its 1 lakh bond ( till last year just a deposit 25k)..I thought I would get time for studies but after joining I feel really stressful and no time to study..i almost leave bank between 8 to 9 daily.I wanted to correct my mistake and wanted to join ibps clerk so that I can study in peace. Pls guide me how should I quit I just worked for 2 months....And is there any way to quit with less or no bond amount. I heard from my friend that including the 1 lakh bond amount I will be asked to pay training charges stay etc and almost 2 lakhs I should loose.... Please guide me I'm in lot of stress now because of my decision....I cant afford such big amount....

In 1 lakh everything is included.
  • edited August 2018
    Thanks everyone for ur advice
  • If your NPS account has not been created i.e you got no PRAN number then simply stop going at P.O job.. send medical to the bank that you are sick.. meanwhile when clerks joining comes go join it.. after 3-4 month when your previous employer bank gives notice to join back then tell them you can not continue in bank due to health and personal problem, please wave my notice period and bond money on humanitarian ground. It worked for some but depends on banks mood.

But again this method is risky and not a 100% full proof . Just for the sake you insisted for a loophole I told this.

Remember in Bank, medical is the only weapon you got, use it as per your requirement. Bank can not force a sick person to work.. its against right to life..and in no case bank can Take anyone's life's responsiblity..
  • edited August 2018
    AutoGlobe said:

If your NPS account has not been created i.e you got no PRAN number then simply stop going at P.O job.. send medical to the bank that you are sick.. meanwhile when clerks joining comes go join it.. after 3-4 month when your previous employer bank gives notice to join back then tell them you can not continue in bank due to health and personal problem, please wave my notice period and bond money on humanitarian ground. It worked for some but depends on banks mood.

But again this method is risky and not a 100% full proof . Just for the sake you insisted for a loophole I told this.

Remember in Bank, medical is the only weapon you got, use it as per your requirement. Bank can not force a sick person to work.. its against right to life..and in no case bank can Take anyone's life's responsiblity..

Kis bank main ho aap. Medical leave lambi duration ke liye one time solution hain.uske baad Mere waha 2-3 mahine ki leave main bank ke medical board ke saamne bhej te hain. Aur chargesheet alag se.
  • AutoGlobe said:

If your NPS account has not been created i.e you got no PRAN number then simply stop going at P.O job.. send medical to the bank that you are sick.. meanwhile when clerks joining comes go join it.. after 3-4 month when your previous employer bank gives notice to join back then tell them you can not continue in bank due to health and personal problem, please wave my notice period and bond money on humanitarian ground. It worked for some but depends on banks mood.

+1
    This is the only way.
    "मां कर्मफलहेतुर्भू: मांते संङगोस्त्वकर्मणि"
    2019- 1st Attempt
    Geography
  • First what is the duration of probation period?
    Tell the manager whole situation and ask her to corporate to waive off your bond money.If she doesn't agree then check the points in which bank can terminate you in probation period(It is easy to terminate in probation period).And make your profile worst.Think of mistake that can result in termination but be cautious no police case.One of my friend in private sector shout at seniors and make them impossible to work.Result is favorable terminated without giving bond money.
    And on medical don't take it continuously,take after every 2-3 days,which embraces your manager and continuously forced her to think that you are not fit for services.
  • banbhatt said:

AutoGlobe said:

Kis bank main ho aap. Medical leave lambi duration ke liye one time solution hain.uske baad Mere waha 2-3 mahine ki leave main bank ke medical board ke saamne bhej te hain. Aur chargesheet alag se.
    Agar aap mentaly prepared hai ki kabhi bhi job resign kar sakte hai bond money pay karke (if in probation) toh koi kuch nahi bigaad sakta.. medicaly unfit ko bank nahi nikal sakti hai.. medical reports tagde banane honge per.. fully original lagni chiye.. approx 3 month per medical board baithta hai.. toh uss hisab se manage karo na ki jab medical board baithe uss time medical fitness certificate dalke join karlo..medically fit pe kabhi bank medical board nahi baithati.. itna NPA Already hai..Naya jhamela nahi lena chahti for an employee.. it costs bank.

But play with bank only when you have to leave bank for sure kabhi na kabhi.. else in long run you will suffer.. probation extend hogi, salary kam badhenge, promotion pe effect ayega, bekar posting milegi and what not.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google