ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Down with severe migraine pain. Please help.

Any doctors on this platform?
What are ways by which I can relive myself off the severe headache? Foodhabits, sleep cycle etc.
This pain is killing me for the last 4-5 days.
I stay here in Delhi alone. If anyone of you know good doctors whom I could consult at Gangaram etc. please do suggest.
Another thing, what Is the procedure to go for General OPD at Gangaram Hospital? (cause that wouldn't pinch my pocket)
Please provide your inputs. Thank You.
Nothing worth having ever comes easy !

Comments

• DM_BABU said:

What are ways by which I can relive myself off the severe headache? Foodhabits, sleep cycle etc.
    I stay here in Delhi alone. If anyone of you know good doctors whom I could consult at Gangaram etc. please do suggest.
    Another thing, what Is the procedure to go for General OPD at Gangaram Hospital? (cause that wouldn't pinch my pocket)

Know not about Gangaram, but BLK General OPD is 8-10am.

Sunday closed.
  • Love me and see your problem vanish :blush:
    Everybody loves me :blush:
  • DM_BABU said:

I live in another part of Delhi and clinics here will be a bit far for you...

Try Practo app and search for doctors near you specializing in neuro-health... That would be best...
    Hibernating for one month... Sweet autumn... Guardians of the Galaxy will be back... ;)
  • Nothing worth having ever comes easy !
  • edited August 26
    Migraine is shitty , consult doc asap and get on with medication , meanwhile avoid everything like coffee , chocolates ,chineese food , perfumes etc .

(There is saying for migraine patients : avoid everything under the sun , and the sun itself)
    HUSTLE
  • https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.healint.migraineapp&hl=en_IN&referrer=utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=migraine+buddy&pcampaignid=APPU_1_Ek2CW8OuAcbWvgTOoYXoDw

Apart from the people who have already suggested you to go to a doc, I would ask to download this app called migraine buddy. i have put the link here. See what triggers you. Avoid certain foods , there are chances they increase the intensity..Do you get Auras as well? If yes then sit in a dark room. Along with the meds which will be prescribed by doctor, a little lifestyle changes will also help you. If possible practise meditation that would help you in the long run. I know it gets worse with stress as if your head is going to explode. Your med dosage might be strong in the beginning but the dosage will come down provided you are making the lifestyle changes. And make the entries in the app to track your migraine.
    Bye
  • bhai 2,3 saal pehle i developed stress related headache. This is the doctor i visited and she did help. bahut jyada costly bhi nahi hai, delhi ke standards se.
    https://www.practo.com/delhi/doctor/dr-sweta-singla-neurologist-2?specialization=Neurologist&practice_id=789387
  • see if u can get an aspirin...
    it is the only thing that works for me, thought i know it damages my liver...but once in a while having an aspirin is fine...
    allez...allez...allezzz...allez...!!

• and get back to your routine, migraine gets worse when u change ur routine...so if u r in the process of changing ur routine, kindly proceed gradually.
    allez...allez...allezzz...allez...!!

• Have been going through this since 2016 when it entered into chronic phase, i will request you to visit a neurologist and not any general physician. In my case, i had to shift to my hometown due to this and started treatment at PGI, it's almost 2 years i am on medication as mine was a chronic one(headaches lasting for almost whole day and around 20-23 days a month). Currently, i am better, no more headaches and the dosage is slowly being reduced. So please visit a neurologist asap. No general physician please. Since yours is in starting phase, it will be cured within a shorter time span.

Also, include physical exercises, cut out any unhealthy habit if it's there and have a proper diet. Also, don't have a long gap between meals, include food rich in vitamin B12. Avoid all sorts of drink including those having caffeine present. Caffeine was a strict no under my case.
  • Nothing worth having ever comes easy !
  • I too suffer from Migraine since a very young age. I would recommend you to always keep Sumatriptan (Suminat) with you either in tablet form or nasal spray, coz it is the only medicine which works for Migraine. Dispirin and Paracetamol are ineffective due to intensity of pain.

Migraine is always caused by triggers which vary from person to person (for me it is coffee and Chocolates). So identify those and avoid them like plague.

Also I have managed to control my migraine episodes by incorporating meditation and brisk walking in my lifestyle. Also balanced diet devoid of extremes of tastes is best suitable for preventing migraines

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Godbless!
  • I too suffer from migraine ..I take betacap tr 40 mg..This medicine is suggested by aiims dr..U need to take 1 tab twice daily..I hope u will get relief..Other wise plz consult any dr..
  • I too suffer from Migraine since a very young age. I would recommend you to always keep Sumatriptan (Suminat) with you either in tablet form or nasal spray, coz it is the only medicine which works for Migraine. Dispirin and Paracetamol are ineffective due to intensity of pain.

Migraine is always caused by triggers which vary from person to person (for me it is coffee and Chocolates). So identify those and avoid them like plague.

Also I have managed to control my migraine episodes by incorporating meditation and brisk walking in my lifestyle. Also balanced diet devoid of extremes of tastes is best suitable for preventing migraines

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Godbless!

+1
    Bye
  • DM_BABU said:

General OPD ke liye line mein lagna padegaa 1 hour
    Form fill karna hota hai (counter par mil jaayegaa)
  • edited August 27
    Visted Gangaram hospital today. (Dr. Rajeev Ranjan) just didn't bother to listen to my problems. (Only 30 seconds). And listed down two medicines along with an MRI Scan.
    They said MRI would be for RS.9000.
    I have a mediclaim. Is there any doctor who would admit me to any hospital to get the tests done ?
    Please provide your inputs.

Nothing worth having ever comes easy !
  • DM_BABU said:

Visted Gangaram hospital today. (Dr. Rajeev Ranjan) just didn't bother to listen to my problems. (Only 30 seconds). And listed down two medicines along with an MRI Scan.
    I have a mediclaim. Is there any doctor who would admit me to any hospital to get the tests done ?

१ इंच अदरख को कुचल लो
    उसको २ कप पानी में उबाल लो ऊपर तस्तरी से ढक देना
    बिना छाने पी लो .. अदरख के टुकड़े सहित
    खाली पेट सुबह पी लो .. और रात में सोने से पहले भी ..

एक महीने में ही आराम हो जायेगा .. ६ महीने अदरख का गर्म जूस पियो सुबह खाली पेट .. माइग्रेन चला जायेगा .

TRUST ME .. THIS WORKS 100%
    DO THIS RELIGOUSLY ..
  • DM_BABU said:

१ इंच अदरख को कुचल लो
    उसको २ कप पानी में उबाल लो ऊपर तस्तरी से ढक देना
    बिना छाने पी लो .. अदरख के टुकड़े सहित
    खाली पेट सुबह पी लो .. और रात में सोने से पहले भी ..

एक महीने में ही आराम हो जायेगा .. ६ महीने अदरख का गर्म जूस पियो सुबह खाली पेट .. माइग्रेन चला जायेगा .

TRUST ME .. THIS WORKS 100%
    DO THIS RELIGOUSLY ..
    इसको साल २ साल करो .. माइग्रेन ख़त्म 100%
  • DM_BABU said:

You can consult Dr Prashant Goyal, psychiatrist in Janakpuri. A little costly(Rs 1000) but very efficient. Gives very less medications.
    Miles to go before I sleep..
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog