Economics Optional 2019: discussion, information sharing and study targets

I searched for a proper thread for Economics optional but guess isn't here that's why I decided to create it. I have no idea how can it benefit anyone or me. Let's hope it turn out to be useful. If you are from economics background, have economics Optional or even commerce, you are welcome to participate.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    I am having economics as an optional subject.Would you like to try Daily Targets and Answer writing?
  • Tipuman said:

I am having economics as an optional subject.Would you like to try Daily Targets and Answer writing?

Why not tell me the plan
  • I don't have a plan as such. We can try and make one. I would like to start with Micro followed by Macro.
  • Good. What should we try first. Should we follow the syllabi chronology or specific chapter
  • I think following syllabus is better idea.
    The first one comes : Marshallian and walrasian approach to price determination
  • Which book do you follow?
  • Okay, it will be better to go as per syllabus. Let us do Marshallian and walrasian approach to price determination tomorrow. We could also write an answer and share for correction.
  • Tipuman said:

Okay, it will be better to go as per syllabus. Let us do Marshallian and walrasian approach to price determination tomorrow. We could also write an answer and share for correction.

What questions should we follow?
  • Who is a best teacher for economics Gs ?
  • Honestly no one...Sanjiv Verma sir's book and Sriram's printed book should be more than enough+ current affairs...Ivan also read tmh book by Ramesh Singh but then there will be lot of repeatation and waste of efforts...Sriram +Sanjeev is more than enough
  • Tipuman said:

Okay, it will be better to go as per syllabus. Let us do Marshallian and walrasian approach to price determination tomorrow. We could also write an answer and share for correction.

Today we have to recollect and revise this topic then inform here ...this should be done before 11:59 AM.
  • Who is a best teacher for economics Gs ?

You can also search for YouTube videos if you are not able to understand it fully because economics can be tricky sometimes even for gs (stay away from paid videos and noobs videos, you will never know when did you inculcated wrong understanding of an economic concept plus paid videos will drain your pocket unnecessarily).
  • Tipuman said:

Today we have to recollect and revise this topic then inform here ...this should be done before 11:59 AM.
    Okay. We can go through Marshall & Walras and also make a tentative plan for preparation by 12 noon.
  • I am have completed today's target.
  • Hello guys. I have started with micro, covering it from HL Ahuja. I plan to finish it by end of this month. :)
    Still, I rise.
  • Metalady said:

Hello guys. I have started with micro, covering it from HL Ahuja. I plan to finish it by end of this month. :)

Nice....are you going to read it thoroughly or selected chapters?
  • Metalady said:

Hello guys. I have started with micro, covering it from HL Ahuja. I plan to finish it by end of this month. :)

Barring some chapters which aren't syllabus relevant, would cover it thoroughly. I'm following abhimanyu sir's blog for chapters which aren't so important.
    Still, I rise.
  • my optional is also economics
  • Metalady said:

Metalady said:

Barring some chapters which aren't syllabus relevant, would cover it thoroughly. I'm following abhimanyu sir's blog for chapters which aren't so important.
    As you have time its better to cover the whole book no doubt abhimanyu sir's blog is helpful but go through the past two year questions they were asking from the chapters which neither sir nor the part of syllabus
    i can and i will
  • Sarrina said:

Metalady said:

Metalady said:

As you have time its better to cover the whole book no doubt abhimanyu sir's blog is helpful but go through the past two year questions they were asking from the chapters which neither sir nor the part of syllabus
    Agreed. Thanks.
  • Sarrina said:

Metalady said:

Metalady said:

Yeah, I am covering almost all the chapters..
    Still, I rise.
  • Started micro economics frm hl ahuja ... notes making is soo time taking.. felt exhausted
  • We could form a watsapp group for daily targets of economics optional .... if some serious aspirants are here for 2019
  • Hi guys.
    Started Microeconomics from H L Ahuja. @winx have you started the WhatsApp group, I am interested.

@gadahwaj@gmail.com @Metalady @Tipuman @poojasaini @Sarrina
  • @Tipuman @gadahwaj@gmail.com

Are you guys still doing daily targets? I would also like to join.
  • edited September 2018
    Guys is there any whatsapp or telegram group of economics optional
  • Guys is there any whatsapp or telegram group of economics optional

There is already one telegram group there.. I will start a WhatsApp group...anyone wants telegram group massage me it number I will send you the link
  • edited October 2018
    Currently I don't know any WhatsApp group for eco optional s I have made one. I hope it helps everyone.
    http://chat.whatsapp.com/HoG7IUzLI05J6po8tjM6RS
  • The first link is not valid join in the second link
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google