ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MITRA'S IAS - "ADMISSION OPEN" - NEW BATCH BEGINNING WITH WESTERN PHILOSOPHY STARTING FROM 16th NOVEMBER 11.AM (LIMITED SEATS)
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
Website:- www.mitrasias.com;  Address: MITRAS IAS , 39 PUSA ROAD, SAMAYAK TOWER OPPOSITE METRO PILLAR NO.- 120

UPSC 2019 preparation group at Central Secretariat Library, Delhi

So I have zeroed on the CSL which is housed in Shastri Bhavan.

Pros:
Huge spacious reading room
well ventilated
adequate lighting
AC
Located near a metro station exit
FREE

Cons
No wifi
Toilets are small, compared to footfall
you wont get dedicated reading spaces. You cant book specific spaces
there is no privacy i.e. lack of cubicles.

I am looking for a focused preparation group. If anyone wants to go/already goes there regularly, do hit me up. Maybe we can help each other out.
The truth is all I seek...

Comments

• anyone?
  • looks like no one is interested in a free service provided by the government.
  • You can try for Nehru Library in Nehru memorial museum , it has free wifi , very well conditioned rooms , lots and lots of study materials which you can ofcourse issue for free , plus it regularly sees visits of secretary level officers and politicians to make you feel good (While I am writing this Jairam Ramesh is sitting one row ahead of me)
  • The Hindu Newspaper crisp notes monthly (in around 10 pages)..will cover all the topics left by Coaching centres
    No need to read full newspaper..Rs 50 monthly(Free for june)(to get Whatsapp at 8527633361)(Money collected wont be used for personal use)
    Find sample notes of june 2019(Prelims perspective) at
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hitChSA8sxlWzTWMieIy5SNsgiRnsgCk/view?usp=sharing
  • edited August 18
    Kira_0705 said:

You can try for Nehru Library in Nehru memorial museum , it has free wifi , very well conditioned rooms , lots and lots of study materials which you can ofcourse issue for free , plus it regularly sees visits of secretary level officers and politicians to make you feel good (While I am writing this Jairam Ramesh is sitting one row ahead of me)

@Kira_0705 I had called them. They told me that you need to be a bonafide researcher/ student of modern history to avail their services, as it is not a public library.

Is this true. Please confirm? I would not mind visiting Nehru Library at all.

• Kira_0705 said:

You can try for Nehru Library in Nehru memorial museum , it has free wifi , very well conditioned rooms , lots and lots of study materials which you can ofcourse issue for free , plus it regularly sees visits of secretary level officers and politicians to make you feel good (While I am writing this Jairam Ramesh is sitting one row ahead of me)

@Kira_0705 I had called them. They told me that you need to be a bonafide researcher/ student of modern history to avail their services, as it is not a public library.

It is true but there is a way around check your inbox ( also dont tell this to anyone )
  • Kira_0705 said:

Kira_0705 said:

It is true but there is a way around check your inbox ( also dont tell this to anyone )
    have replied.
  • anyone interested?

• download.jpg
    225 x 225 - 12K
  • another government library is located at Archaeological survey of india headquarter building, near Mandi house metro. Library has centralised ac and availability of magazines. All free of cost
  • urlovin said:

another government library is located at Archaeological survey of india headquarter building, near Mandi house metro. Library has centralised ac and availability of magazines. All free of cost

open for all?
  • yes..for alll..

urlovin said:

another government library is located at Archaeological survey of india headquarter building, near Mandi house metro. Library has centralised ac and availability of magazines. All free of cost

open for all?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog