Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Alternative to Evernote???

I did not update Evernote a long time because I was facing issues with boxes (As shown in the image), which I use very often.
Today, Evernote informed me to update by August 20th, 2018 as there is a vulnerability in older edition.
After updating Evernote, I am facing the problem with the same boxes.
Except for OneNote, can anyone suggest me an alternative?
How you guys organize your notes to tackle the issue?
Looking forward to some pragmatic solution...

Evernote box issue.PNG
670 x 433 - 23K
be a UPSC killer than a UPSC lover

Comments

• What issue are you facing? are these tables in evernote, since there is no option to create a box in evernote AFAIK?
  • What issue are you facing? are these tables in evernote, since there is no option to create a box in evernote AFAIK?

yup table. my bad. :p

There is an option for text wrapping. I am not able to find it now in settings.
  • I did not update Evernote a long time because I was facing issues with boxes (As shown in the image), which I use very often.
    Today, Evernote informed me to update by August 20th, 2018 as there is a vulnerability in older edition.

Drag the scroll bar towards the right side and make the table small by dragging it leftwards. It will show in whole box.

There is an option for text wrapping. I am not able to find it now in settings.
    I also did not find it.
  • viktor said:

I did not update Evernote a long time because I was facing issues with boxes (As shown in the image), which I use very often.

Drag the scroll bar towards the right side and make the table small by dragging it leftwards. It will show in whole box.
    But its not just in 2 places. As I have said earlier, I have used them in a hell lot of places. Manually doing this is very annoying every time.
  • What's wrong with OneNote?
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • I did not update Evernote a long time because I was facing issues with boxes (As shown in the image), which I use very often.

OneNote
    A non-serious ASPIRANT..

Chacha Vidhayak Hain Hamare...

चाचा विधायक हैं हमारे
  • edited August 2018

What's wrong with OneNote?

Syncing.
    Very slow and unpredictable.

While evernote syncs best.. Identifies even smallest of changes.

Onenote has other issues like old edition notes will not open in new ones. Due to format problem.

Google keep, good for textual notes.. Not charts and diagrams.

Best alternative to evernote is ms word.
    Make gs folders and put files in it.
    Can edit easily. Faster than evernote.

Ms word is Good for big files, here evernote starts lagging and
    sometimes don't even update text. Later show it as conflicting changes.

But for seamless Syncing across all devices. Mobile, tab or laptop. Evernote is best and easy to handle.
    निष्काम कर्म

Google docs can be alternative. Though similar to Ms word but it's online tool which you can use from anywhere you want. Automatic saving (after each typed word really good) so that you don't lose your work.
  • Dead Man said:

Google docs can be alternative. Though similar to Ms word but it's online tool which you can use from anywhere you want. Automatic saving (after each typed word really good) so that you don't lose your work.
    I use Evernote extensively now. It is not as fluid as one note, which is really good for some people but the thing with having a. Microsoft office subscription puts me off. I mean beyond certain limit ( which I think is 5GB)

MS word and Google docs suck because When I was using it, it did not allow within document search, so I’m the end you end up with your paper notes digitised. You can only search for document titles, but what you will really need is searching within documents.

Has google docs come up with something like this recently ?

If they do, they will pretty much kill Evernote.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |

I can look into your issue. I am not a pro at this, but can you share you note or notebook and let me import it into mine and see if I am facing the same problem.
    If I do, and if I solve it, then I think we have arrived at a solution .

Plus, you don’t have to reconsider changing what you have been already using.

Also, just a heads up, if you have just adopted Evernote, do not give up on it so soon. If you plan to get productive by using tools and software , you will need to get used to them before you start benefitting from them. Or you will end up hopping from one to another.

And then at the end of a really long year, you will end up where you came from - paper notes.

Also, tools and software are not without a learning curve, so be patient. If this is your only problem, it’s not reason enough to give up on Evernote.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • What's wrong with OneNote?

Syncing.
    Very slow and unpredictable.

While evernote syncs best.. Identifies even smallest of changes.

Onenote has other issues like old edition notes will not open in new ones. Due to format problem.

Google keep, good for textual notes.. Not charts and diagrams.

Best alternative to evernote is ms word.
    Make gs folders and put files in it.
    Can edit easily. Faster than evernote.

Ms word is Good for big files, here evernote starts lagging and
    sometimes don't even update text. Later show it as conflicting changes.

But for seamless Syncing across all devices. Mobile, tab or laptop. Evernote is best and easy to handle.
    Yeah.Thanks man.
  • Neyawn said:

I can look into your issue. I am not a pro at this, but can you share you note or notebook and let me import it into mine and see if I am facing the same problem.
    If I do, and if I solve it, then I think we have arrived at a solution .

Plus, you don’t have to reconsider changing what you have been already using.

Also, just a heads up, if you have just adopted Evernote, do not give up on it so soon. If you plan to get productive by using tools and software , you will need to get used to them before you start benefitting from them. Or you will end up hopping from one to another.

And then at the end of a really long year, you will end up where you came from - paper notes.

Also, tools and software are not without a learning curve, so be patient. If this is your only problem, it’s not reason enough to give up on Evernote.
    I have sent you a message, check it.
  • Does anyone use paid version of Evernote?

Frequently my basic version evernote freezes while syncing or while searching notes/words. Is paid version different in these cases?

Frequently my basic version evernote freezes while syncing or while searching notes/words. Is paid version different in these cases?

As far as my experience goes, it is because of your system, especially hard disk.
  • Microsoft OneNote

As far as my experience goes, it is because of your system, especially hard disk.
    My evernote database is becoming huge, i think thats why i am facing this issue.

My evernote database is becoming huge, i think thats why i am facing this issue.
    Yeah, it is possible.
    Point is pro or basic is not related to the problem.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google