BBB tags 75 senior officers for leadership roles in PSBs SC to hear petition to end write-offs Chemists and druggists are passe;from now, all will be pharmacies As UK climate protest grows, Emma Thompson, teen joins in India warns IMF against fresh bailout for Pakistan

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

No money to buy books..Please suggest some part time source of income

My Parents have stopped giving money to buy books.
Desire is the cause of UPSC

Comments

• IceKing said:

Don't you worry brother/sister. :)
    Please list out the books you need, on this thread. Sometimes people have extra books and they may lend it to you.
    Anyone who can afford to help will duly pursue his/her efforts in supporting you.
    Also pdf's of almost all books are available on telegram groups. You can download those and keep studying till you find a way to sustain your preparation.
    I'm sorry i'm not aware of any part time jobs available at this moment. I'll inform you if i come across any.
    Wish you a great day ahead. :relaxed:
  • edited August 2018
    @IceKing
    This is a very crucial phase of preparation and it's good that you are facing this. Will make you stronger.

In case you live around ORN, Here is what you should do.

Take a long walk around Patel Nagar and Few adjacent areas, Shadipur, Kirti Nagar. You will find many small coaching centres, teaching from 6th class to -iit coachings. Gather courage, come out of your comfort zone and talk to them.
    You will get some 8k a month job for sure. Be ready to teach anything which is related to our syllabus, eg. history, Geography Science. Do this exercise alone.

But don't give up if 2-3 people reject you. Pursue and talk to as many as you can, ie. Hunt and talk till you get a job.

I am not suggesting any UPSC coaching as you will not get that easily and end up wasting few months without any money.
  • If you are preparing for 2019, Better work for atleast one year. This is an exam of uncertainity. You need sufficient resources and more than that-- A Calm Mind. Try some fulltime job according to your profile. Only sufficient savings can ensure a Calm mind.
    All the best everyone.
  • pizzza said:

IceKing said:

Please list out the books you need, on this thread. Sometimes people have extra books and they may lend it to you.
    Anyone who can afford to help will duly pursue his/her efforts in supporting you.
    Also pdf's of almost all books are available on telegram groups. You can download those and keep studying till you find a way to sustain your preparation.
    I'm sorry i'm not aware of any part time jobs available at this moment. I'll inform you if i come across any.
    Thanks bro for replying. Yes many books are available in telegram but those books that I want are not available in pdfs. ok as per your suggestion I will list out the books. Actually I need those Maths optional books those are not available in pdfs
    like:
    Malik and Arora Mathematical Analysis
    Krishna series books on the two topics (Dynamics, Statics)
    Krishna series books on Linear Algebra and Matrices

there are some more, mostly related to my optional.

yes there are alternatives available on telegram but these books are suggested by seniors who made into the list.so I want to follow these sources.
    Also test series I can't join for same reasons

yes please tell if you come across any income source.
    Thank You.

• @IceKing
    This is a very crucial phase of preparation and it's good that you are facing this. Will make you stronger.

In case you live around ORN, Here is what you should do.

Take a long walk around Patel Nagar and Few adjacent areas, Shadipur, Kirti Nagar. You will find many small coaching centres, teaching from 6th class to -iit coachings. Gather courage, come out of your comfort zone and talk to them.
    You will get some 8k a month job for sure. Be ready to teach anything which is related to our syllabus, eg. history, Geography Science. Do this exercise alone.

But don't give up if 2-3 people reject you. Pursue and talk to as many as you can, ie. Hunt and talk till you get a job.

I am not suggesting any UPSC coaching as you will not get that easily and end up wasting few months without any money.

Thanks Bhai for your suggestion. Although I am not in ORN and neither have such a luxury to be there yet I will surely ponder upon implementing your idea in my hometown itself.
  • Deluxe said:

If you are preparing for 2019, Better work for atleast one year. This is an exam of uncertainity. You need sufficient resources and more than that-- A Calm Mind. Try some fulltime job according to your profile. Only sufficient savings can ensure a Calm mind.

Thanks brother. I have been preparing full time for last 6-7 months and now I really dont want to go in private job and work fultime. I will keep your suggestion though
  • IceKing said:

pizzza said:

IceKing said:

Thanks bro for replying. Yes many books are available in telegram but those books that I want are not available in pdfs. ok as per your suggestion I will list out the books. Actually I need those Maths optional books those are not available in pdfs
    like:

yes there are alternatives available on telegram but these books are suggested by seniors who made into the list.so I want to follow these sources.

Thank You.

I think i've the books for mathematics optional(almost all) but they are in the attic, packed among a lot of other old things and it would be little tough for me to fetch at this moment, i am running on a packed schedule.
    But i humbly request you time till mains gets over. I shall courier them in the second week of October if that is fine for you. :)
    You may ping me on Oct 7th. See you.
  • pizzza said:

IceKing said:

pizzza said:

IceKing said:

like:

Thank You.

I think i've the books for mathematics optional(almost all) but they are in the attic, packed among a lot of other old things and it would be little tough for me to fetch at this moment, i am running on a packed schedule.
    But i humbly request you time till mains gets over. I shall courier them in the second week of October if that is fine for you. :)
    Thanks a lot bhai. you saved me. I am really very grateful to you. You made me smile :) yes bhai I will obviously wait. All the very best for mains.
  • edited August 2018
    IceKing said:

pizzza said:

IceKing said:

pizzza said:

IceKing said:

like:

Thank You.

Thanks a lot bhai. you saved me. I am really very grateful to you. You made me smile :) yes bhai I will obviously wait. All the very best for mains.
    Am pleased to hear that you smiled. You're welcome. Thank you :) And Best wishes.
  • pizzza said:

IceKing said:

pizzza said:

IceKing said:

pizzza said:

IceKing said:

like:

Thank You.

Am pleased to heart that you smiled. You're welcome. Thank you :) And Best wishes.
    Thanks bhai :)
  • edited August 2018
    Ego ko chhod k...RBI assistant ayega November me usko clear krlo(hardly takes 15 days to prepare)..and since your optional is maths to cake walk hga apke like......aur fir easily prep krna Civils ki...all the best bro!!!
    :)
  • If your active on social network then become promoter of any organization and get paid.
    For Example:

Edusys (Education ERP) offers affiliate program, sell and earn up to 10%. More detail visit official website.
  • @Vagarant thanks for your valuable suggestion
  • IceKing said:

@Vagarant thanks for your valuable suggestion

You're welcome sir!!! :smiley:
    :)
  • IceKing said:

pizzza said:

IceKing said:

like:

Thank You.

I don't have Malik and Arora but I have a whole set of Krishna series. I gave it to my friend last year but he discontinued UPSC preparations. So if you're from Andra (+ near to his place) you can collect it ,if not inbox me after mains.
    An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
  • Avoid any marketing etc related work . As @pizzza has alreqdy assured sending books i thinkbits resolved now.
    HUSTLE
  • Avoid any marketing etc related work . As @pizzza has alreqdy assured sending books i thinkbits resolved now.

yes sir now please close the thread
  • edited August 2018
    IceKing said:

Avoid any marketing etc related work . As @pizzza has alreqdy assured sending books i thinkbits resolved now.

chin up King or the crown slips :p

pcs pre hai 2 months baad, maths k stress me usko mat miss krna :)
    stars cant shine without darkness :)
  • wave said:

IceKing said:

Avoid any marketing etc related work . As @pizzza has alreqdy assured sending books i thinkbits resolved now.

hey thanks for reminding waveform :)
    satirical han.. B)
  • IceKing said:

wave said:

IceKing said:

satirical han.. B)
    forum se hi seekha sab :p
    stars cant shine without darkness :)
  • wave said:

IceKing said:

wave said:

IceKing said:

satirical han.. B)
    forum se hi seekha sab :p
    Badiya ... mai v kuch seekh ra hun (bade helpful bande han) inki trh banna :)
  • edited August 2018
    @Ashwameda @pizzza and all respective seniors I also want following books/notes anybody can donate then please it will be of great help. Thank you very much.
    1. Baliyan Class written notes for World History
    2. Chokalingam Class written notes
    3. M.Puri Class notes
    4. Shankar IAS Book
    5. plassey to partition
    6. Vision IAS printed notes for ethics
    7. Arts and culture Nitin shinghania
    8. Shriram IAS class notes.
    please immediately help.
    Thanks in advance

• Anyone?
  • i can send you plassey to partition, shankar environment , arts and culture nitin singhania. kindly inbox me your address
    iasmocks.com
  • i can send you plassey to partition, shankar environment , arts and culture nitin singhania. kindly inbox me your address

thanks sir inboxed u
  • IceKing said:

i can send you plassey to partition, shankar environment , arts and culture nitin singhania. kindly inbox me your address

thanks sir inboxed u
    did not get your message bro! ek baar aur bejdo!
    iasmocks.com
  • IceKing said:

i can send you plassey to partition, shankar environment , arts and culture nitin singhania. kindly inbox me your address

thanks sir inboxed u
    did not get your message bro! ek baar aur bejdo!
    sure sir done. may be network error previous time
  • sent the books, please confirm when you receive them! all the best!
    iasmocks.com
  • sent the books, please confirm when you receive them! all the best!

thanks very much. yes I shall confirm u. :)
  • IceKing said:

@Ashwameda @pizzza and all respective seniors I also want following books/notes anybody can donate then please it will be of great help. Thank you very much.

3. M.Puri Class notes
    4. Shankar IAS Book
    5. plassey to partition
    6. Vision IAS printed notes for ethics
    7. Arts and culture Nitin shinghania
    8. Shriram IAS class notes.
    please immediately help.
    Thanks in advance

the above books are sent by @crystalheart mam. Thanks you mam.
    Now the following books are left only.
    3. M.Puri Class notes
    4. Vision IAS printed notes for ethics
    5. Shriram IAS economy class notes .
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google