MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

MGP 2018 : copy evaluation not on time and not responding to mails,new ticket system not working

evaluation taking time( time is only wealth we posses)
plus when you mail.no body even care to respond.Even one reply like this, - that we are late and your copy is here and it is expected to reach you this late -- ,would make our miserable life happier.
new ticket system is not working.
so i am in total dark.not knowing whats happening.when will something happen.when i will incorporate suggestions.

MISTAKES ARE HUMAN BUT SILENCE IS DELIBERATED CRIMINAL OFFENCE.Pls at least be transparent and responsive
PLEASE have some mercy on already miserable aspirants.

Comments

• edited July 31
    i have been also facing similar problems regarding mgp 19
    no one picks up fone & no replies to emails
  • yes, the professionalism that is expected of them after taking 19000 rupees for 14 tests is missing.
  • krr said:

yes, the professionalism that is expected of them after taking 19000 rupees for 14 tests is missing.

Somebody from inside told me about these issue this time..due to huge croud...thank god i didnt enroll in forum for mains test series 2018....
  • I haven't got a single checked copy post prelims. Its been over 5 weeks since I submitted my first copy.

While it is understandable that they are overwhelmed by the number of copies they've got to correct, it is entirely inexplicable that they launched another batch after the prelims result came - when they aren't even able to check copies of the existing batches.
  • Overlord said:

I haven't got a single checked copy post prelims. Its been over 5 weeks since I submitted my first copy.

While it is understandable that they are overwhelmed by the number of copies they've got to correct, it is entirely inexplicable that they launched another batch after the prelims result came - when they aren't even able to check copies of the existing batches.

5 weeks!!!!!! This is cpletely unfair. What's even the point of joining the test series!
  • Overlord said:

I haven't got a single checked copy post prelims. Its been over 5 weeks since I submitted my first copy.

5 weeks :o :o this is completely wrong. Why pay such huge amount of fees then, if we aren't able to see our checked copies in time?
  • Overlord said:

this is totally unacceptable
  • Overlord said:

5 weeks :o :o this is completely wrong. Why pay such huge amount of fees then, if we aren't able to see our checked copies in time?
    they can refund the amount we paid but what about the refund of our valuable time.poora froumias bik jayega tab bhi refund nhi chuka payenge humare time ka..
  • Overlord said:

5 weeks!!!!!! This is cpletely unfair. What's even the point of joining the test series!
    thats why my trust in politicians and government is increasing.they are atleast accountable in 5 years during elections.Private firms are not accountable to anybody especially in India.
  • Overlord said:

same here..post prelims no copy check.
  • hello people,
    i am new on this forum
    last year i faced a similar issue, so i can understand how it feels..

if anyone of you'll want a peer review of your answers , essays i can help.
    i took a break this year, and have some time me..

ps: i had scored good in paper 3 and essay.
    i have been working as content developer and evaluater for quite awhile now...
    inbox me if i can be of any help to any1 of u...
    allez...allez...allezzz...allez...!!

• edited July 31
    Insecurity and confusion is what drives majority of the people towards test series.

How many of us answer these questions before joining a course?

1. Are you not able to meet the demand of the question?
    2. Do you lack content in your answers?
    3. Are you not able to structure your answers within the word limit in a simple and lucid manner?
    4. Are you not able to complete 20 answers in 3 hours?
    5. Do you want to improvise with creativity?

Most of us "Dont know" the answers to these questions and join the test series hoping that it would help us to miraculously sail through the Mains. The plain answer is "No".
    If Test series were capable of doing that, everyone would have been getting interview calls.

Test series are beneficial for those who "Clearly" know what are their mistakes and through test series they have an objective goal to rectify that mistake and to "maximize their scores".

For someone to know their mistakes, they should have written at least 100 to 200 answers prior to joining a test series so that they can zero down the area of improvement.

Also, Improvement in content does not require a test series but needs another round of books and resources.

Newcomers don't need to join test series. They need to solve previous year papers, not one year but at least ten years, and in a time bound manner. Get them evaluated by senior aspirants / those who made it to the list / college professors. And, then get a fair idea of your lacuna. Then join the test series to work on those areas.

Spending 1 to 2k per test with zero clue about what is the expected outcome is just money gone waste. And when money starts to flow more than expected, the demand wont meet the supply and the quality degrades.

Invest your money wisely.
  • pizzza said:

Insecurity and confusion is what drives majority of the people towards test series.

How many of us answer these questions before joining a course?

1. Are you not able to meet the demand of the question?
    2. Do you lack content in your answers?
    3. Are you not able to structure your answers within the word limit in a simple and lucid manner?
    4. Are you not able to complete 20 answers in 3 hours?
    5. Do you want to improvise with creativity?

Most of us "Dont know" the answers to these questions and join the test series hoping that it would help us to miraculously sail through the Mains. The plain answer is "No".
    If Test series were capable of doing that, everyone would have been getting interview calls.

Test series are beneficial for those who "Clearly" know what are their mistakes and through test series they have an objective goal to rectify that mistake and to "maximize their scores".

For someone to know their mistakes, they should have written at least 100 to 200 answers prior to joining a test series so that they can zero down the area of improvement.

Also, Improvement in content does not require a test series but needs another round of books and resources.

Newcomers don't need to join test series. They need to solve previous year papers, not one year but at least ten years, and in a time bound manner. Get them evaluated by senior aspirants / those who made it to the list / college professors. And, then get a fair idea of your lacuna. Then join the test series to work on those areas.

Spending 1 to 2k per test with zero clue about what is the expected outcome is just money gone waste. And when money starts to flow more than expected, the demand wont meet the supply and the quality degrades.

Invest your money wisely.

+100
    No human is limited.
  • The message they sent to me was .yours first two copies is having a double review that's why it is late. But I don't think if they are saying truth or not. MGP 2019 3 test happened 3 copies submitted yet I don't get any evaluated copies. Next test is today 1 August. What's the point in giving test when we don't get timely feedback it is for the feedback we are paying them so much .
    Dugong
  • moneyjec said:

The message they sent to me was .yours first two copies is having a double review that's why it is late. But I don't think if they are saying truth or not. MGP 2019 3 test happened 3 copies submitted yet I don't get any evaluated copies. Next test is today 1 August. What's the point in giving test when we don't get timely feedback it is for the feedback we are paying them so much .

i got similar similar msg
    they have not sent any evaluated copy & if as mentioned above MGP 18 are students are facing such issues then we MGP 19 students will have tough road ahead
  • Let's mail them day in and day out. Spam them .
    Dugong
  • edited August 1
    u can join chromeias test series

accountability is guarnteed

Mod Note : I am also Forum Member and moderator , not employee. Posting genuine grievances is okay . Spamming forum with chrome IAS links is not okay.
  • edited August 1
    (To moderator who deleted my comment).
    If it was just moderator you wouldn't have deleted my comment.
    Anyway I won't repost it as it is none of my business, since I did not subscribe for MGP test series.
    An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
  • Last year also it was the same..... Delays in evaluation, no proper response, The person who used to correct the copies and the one who used to connect through phone for discussion was different. Since they got a foothold in the market they have become arrogant....
    Now or Never
  • Ashwameda said:

Anyway I won't repost it as it is none of my business, since I did not subscribe for MGP test series.

Forum has become a platform to promote their academy. Even I had similar experience in the past. They will not entertain any comments which are critical of their academy.
    Now or Never
  • For Aspirants from an Aspirant

The same story goes with vision and Sriram .. no time bound manner ..No quality of evaluation ..

In this respect i found Chrome to be ethically correct - as they said they are going to take limited number and they did it. And I can gauge it as I gave 3 tests and have got all 3 copies - with focus on evaluation and finding issues with my way of writing.

One has to rise above money when the thing at stake is the career and life of laks os serious aspirants , I know how much it pains when one is not able to clear Mains that too after such Prelims exam where in one do not want to appear in Prelims again .

So it is advisable before joining any institute be it vision forum chrome Sri Ram ..We enquire about certain things .

Note : Am an aspirant enrolled at Chrome for Anthro crash course and Mains Test Series . And I have no reason to praise and criticize someone but to say what I feel.

I have written as an aspirant who thinks like an aspirant and is undergoing the same experience as every aspirant here.

Money is not the key - Key is the time that we are putting in . Coaching people should respect it.

Same is with GS classes - Today vajiram having 500 students in one class .. it gives a jittery feeling and a suffocation . No interaction with faculty at all.

When capitalism is in the blood , societal good takes the beating.

Hope at least few institutes stand for students like me you and lac of others who repose their trust on them .
  • edited August 1

u can join chromeias test series

Mod Note : I am also Forum Member and moderator , not employee. Posting genuine grievances is okay . Spamming forum with chrome IAS links is not okay.

Whom are u trying to fool sir ? its futile..no one is so naive here, i guess.
  • edited August 1
    Gowdru said:

Ashwameda said:

Forum has become a platform to promote their academy. Even I had similar experience in the past. They will not entertain any comments which are critical of their academy.
    No ,otherwise this thread would have been closed . Forum community is open and all genuine members ; and their concerns i(f any ) can and should be voiced ,be it against forumIAS academy itself .
    I assure you no mod will delete any genuine comment .
    The allegation thats mods are deleting comments to save image of forum are unfounded . Everyone can voice their opinion , but promoting /spamming by name of other institutes (chromeias etc) is wrond
    once again HUSTLE
  • u can join chromeias test series

It was a genuine alternative he published.
    He would also give genuine compilations. Idk if you consider it spam or not, but his links were very useful.
  • Hahaaha.
    इस पार प्रिय मधु है तुम हो,
    उस पार ना जाने क्या होगा ।।
  • edited August 1

Gowdru said:

Ashwameda said:

No ,otherwise this thread would have been closed . Forum community is open and all genuine members ; and their concerns i(f any ) can and should be voiced ,be it against forumIAS academy itself .
    The allegation thats mods are deleting comments to save image of forum are unfounded . Everyone can voice their opinion , but promoting /spamming by name of other institutes (chromeias etc) is wrond
    sorry sir if i am wrong, but some of the senior aspirants here who are old members of forum have told me that you work for forumiasacademy

its nice that you are employed

but your comments disguised as an impartial member is unfounded

• Gowdru said:

Ashwameda said:

Shall I repost the earlier comment.
    It's not a spam, it's not regarding promoting any coaching institutes or anything else. It was just an alternative way to solve the problem. I am sure the problem will be solved at the cost of reputation.
    Onus is on you and assure me you won't (or other mods) delete it...

PS: I had subscribed for Forumias prelims test series and I have good opinion (except for lack of communication) about the institute.
    An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
  • Gowdru said:

Ashwameda said:

Last year after mains there were few threads created for reviews about their MGP programme. It had just 3-4 comments which were slightly negative about their test series. It was soon deleted. After few days another thread came up where people were going gaga about the test series and it ran for months. To make it clear even my comments which were critical of the academy ( same with drawbacks mentioned above) were deleted without any moderator comment on why it was being removed.

So from my past experiences I still stand by my comment that forum and it's moderators are biased towards their academy.
    Now or Never
  • Gowdru said:

Ashwameda said:

sorry sir if i am wrong, but some of the senior aspirants here who are old members of forum have told me that you work for forumiasacademy

its nice that you are employed

but your comments disguised as an impartial member is unfounded

No i am not employeed by forumIAS ( or for that matter anywhere , jobless hu bhai, ie berozgar)
    I am posting just as a member and assuring as a mod.

once again HUSTLE
  • What about Synergy test series? It was quite popular 2/3 years ago, but not much is heard now
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog