MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

How to deal with missed current affairs part

edited December 2013 in Current Affairs
Guys I started preparing hindu notes from mid september this year and im planning to give cse14.However I read on mrunal that one needs to start from january of the year preceding the exam year ie from jan13 for cse14 aspirants.So that means I do not have notes for alnost 9 months.Adding to my misery is that I don't even have CSC(magazine I follow)from apr-sept which could have become handy fr atleast summarising some current affairs for the missing period.What should I do?Also is there any particular shop in ORN that has Old mag editions of CSC,kurukshetra and yojana?
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Comments

• There are newspapers archive in corresponding home sites . Or else Pratiyogita Darpan is available as online edition . You could try gktoday.in for more . Plenty options are available to you , without shelling extra amount . :)>-
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • Thanks dude but I wanted csc since im accustomed to it!Plus would prefer to have a hard copy so is there any such Shop?,I inquired at the famous ones here in ORN but no one has the Old issues:-SBut yea,I will try ur options as well!thanksAnd one more thing is It preferable to make notes out of magazines also?I just skim through them underlining Imp part.
  • edited December 2013
    @thestrokes_museic You can drop a mail to CSC requesting whichever issues you need. I believe they have an online payment option so that would be a relatively easy way to get hold of old issues than by manually searching for them in bookshops.
  • @thestrokes_museic bhai you don't have to cover that much. I mean it depends on whether you were generally in touch by reading the newspapers etc. You can look at the PRS website which has a monthly round up of policy,schemes and so on. You can also ask someone who subscribed to Visionias, their current affairs notes were pretty good for this year. Try to cover things in a capsule format if you have 8-9 months to cover.
    The horde sees the fish. Arjuna sees the eye.
    I see the possibility of fish pakoras ;)
    fledgling IRS (C&CE)
  • ya I will try that now,but I wanted to ask that is there any other alternative to magazines for this?like can IYB or are those news summary booklets of every month good enough for dealing with missing part?
  • @ss36 its like I used to read IE regularly in my last sem from jan-apr13(we don't get hindu in mumbai:-S)plus csc issues of those months so I can still cover that part but for the may-sept period is a big vaccuum where I was just casually reading HINDU(I was enjoying the finer things in ORN,hehe).So that's the problem!But yes I will have to do the hard way now maybe visionias material can help,thanks man!
  • previous years....current affiars for next year? i think thats way overboard ..what i have seen and heard is that the papers after the prelims of previous year are more than enough i.e. june-july onwards
  • edited December 2013
    And these Current Affair magazines are of absolutely no use if you follow a newspaper religiously. Going through 150 pages of verbose in these magazines is totally unnecessary in my opinion. The era of personalities, minute details, awards which is the staple of these magazines ,is over. Focus must be on larger issues which are dealt in the best possible way by both IE and The Hindu.
  • ^true that,they are verbose!
  • Exactly,concentrate on issues and not on date.
    For e.g Bali WTO issue will go all the way back to when the Doha round was initiated,so eventually you cover a span of 10 yrs....similarly do for other issues/events.
  • IE + Selected sections from the Hindu is sufficient for current affairs. Get the rss feeds from their websites. It's free.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • @thestrokes_museic you're most welcome brother.
    The horde sees the fish. Arjuna sees the eye.
    I see the possibility of fish pakoras ;)
    fledgling IRS (C&CE)
  • thanks to all seniors,ur advises are like guiding lights for rookies like me,keep up ur samaritan ways:-D
  • thanks to all seniors,ur advises are like guiding lights for rookies like me:-D
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog