We are hiring!

RBI GRADE B

Can you all please tell what books are to be referred for the following subjects
1- reasoning
2- quant
3- general awareness ( will studying sriram ias and mrunal videos suffice? )
4- economic issues
5- social issues
6- finance
7- management
8- from where can i get PYQ's
can you please tell me how much time will be required to prepare for this exam? ( I know it's subjective , but knowing a particular time span can help me set targets)

Comments

• Hey,

First of all, Google previous years paper to get a feel. The key to crack this exam is to maximise your score in prelims. Do not take prelims lightly.

1. For Reasoning- Practice from Bankersadda daily questions
    2. Quant- Quantum CAT is good. But daily practice is a must.
    3. GA is basically bank type CA questions. So go through Bankersadda and current affairs ga and quizzes.

5. Economic issues can be covered if you been preparing for civils. But RBI usually goes for minute details like amount, years etc. But this applies if you clear phase 1
    6. Social issues- same as above. Concentrate on the schemes names, minute details like fund amount. Year started.
    7. Finance can be covered through Prasanna chandra book.
    8. Management - IGNOU book, whatever topper suggests, Google the topics.

Last but not the least for phase 2 you need to maximise your score in Essay and English paper. That will make a huge difference.

If you ask me I will say you have ample time now. Just go through the syllabus and most of the things you can google. Only finance you might some initial difficulty.

*** PYQ's you can google for memory based tests.

A Thing is Thing, Not what is said about that Thing.
  • Finally RBI has released the vacancy for Gr B 2018. I really fail to understand why RBI is so much fascinated with sandwitching their schedule in between UPSC Pre to Mains ! :(
    Aspirants who would have to prepare for UPSC would prepare for it even after getting into RBI .

Forum members here who are confident of writing Phase 2 of RBI Gr B , Please share your plans. We can also collectively subscribe to Phase 2 test series/courses.
    Screenshot_20180629-140808~2.png
    1064 x 1252 - 2M
  • When the vacancy for RBI assistant is expected
  • Good chance for those who will not qualify prelims. Those who will its a clear no from rbi
    36 ka aankda with upsc
  • memphis27 said:

Hey,

First of all, Google previous years paper to get a feel. The key to crack this exam is to maximise your score in prelims. Do not take prelims lightly.

3. GA is basically bank type CA questions. So go through Bankersadda and current affairs ga and quizzes.

5. Economic issues can be covered if you been preparing for civils. But RBI usually goes for minute details like amount, years etc. But this applies if you clear phase 1
    6. Social issues- same as above. Concentrate on the schemes names, minute details like fund amount. Year started.

Last but not the least for phase 2 you need to maximise your score in Essay and English paper. That will make a huge difference.

If you ask me I will say you have ample time now. Just go through the syllabus and most of the things you can google. Only finance you might some initial difficulty.

Okay sir . How many months current affairs I have to go through?
  • memphis27 said:

Hey,

3 Month.... May-June-July
  • coolbuddy said:

memphis27 said:

Hey,

3 Month.... May-June-July
    Thank you
  • guys mujhe graduation me below 60% hai general category, but mumbaiuniversity wale last year ke % hi use karte hai har jagah. so can i apply for RBI grade b?
  • guys mujhe graduation me below 60% hai general category, but mumbaiuniversity wale last year ke % hi use karte hai har jagah. so can i apply for RBI grade b?

Nahi yr
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly