Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

CGL 2017- AAO

edited June 2018 in SSC
Those who are targeting AAO through CGL 2017, kindly share your marks here.
Mine are as follows:
T1 = 161
T2 = 135+176+113.5
472 for all other posts.
585 including AAO.
सच हम नहीं, सच तुम नहीं। , सच है सतत संघर्ष ही।

Comments

• 162.5+135.5+186.25+137.5 total 621.5....without AAO 484.25....not targeting AAO though.... targeting Divisional Accountant or some other posts having least workload....what are my chances for DA bro....last year there were nil vacancies
  • mimansa said:

162.5+135.5+186.25+137.5 total 621.5....without AAO 484.25....not targeting AAO though.... targeting Divisional Accountant or some other posts having least workload....what are my chances for DA bro....last year there were nil vacancies

AAO to aapka rakha hi Hua.. Bright chance for DA too..
    Time has come to rise again...
  • mimansa said:

162.5+135.5+186.25+137.5 total 621.5....without AAO 484.25....not targeting AAO though.... targeting Divisional Accountant or some other posts having least workload....what are my chances for DA bro....last year there were nil vacancies

You will get DA easily. And I think you can also get CSS with decent score in tier 3.
  • 148+140+179+110 = 577 with AAO

Without AAO = 467

I heard AAO me ho bhi jaye to ek exam aur clear karna hota hai

Waise I too am not targeting AAO

Looking for a post that helps in civils preparation.

What about this DA
    Kitne pe milti hai, kaisa kaam hai ?
    Mita de apni hasti ko gar kuch martaba chahe,
    Ki daana khaak me milke Gul-o-gulshan hota hai !
  • Agar koi tier two ka maths na de English sirf de or uska cut off Nikalta to to result me Naam ayega ya nahi
  • PS9 said:

148+140+179+110 = 577 with AAO

Without AAO = 467

I heard AAO me ho bhi jaye to ek exam aur clear karna hota hai

Waise I too am not targeting AAO

Looking for a post that helps in civils preparation.

What about this DA
    Kitne pe milti hai, kaisa kaam hai ?

Haan. Ek exam aur karna hota hai par wo easy hota hai aur kai attepts milte hain.
  • 605 hain aao main .. koi chance hai kya final selection ka
  • 576 with AAO .....467 without it....Any chance of getting anything...( General Category)
  • 605 hain aao main .. koi chance hai kya final selection ka

More or less sure hi hai AAO me to aapka
  • I am planning to write 4-5 Essays/letters for Tier 3 preparation and can also take out some time to review other's essays.

So if anyone is willing to take out 15-20 min to write essays/letters and review mine then that would be immensly beneficial :smile:
  • The AAO Paper in CGL 2017 had a lot of wrongly framed questions for which all candidates wer awarded marks, i think there were a total of 18 of them ( so everyone got 36 extra marks ) This might cause the AAO cutoff to go higher than previous year. Try to get 670+ overall post Tier 3 out of 900 to be safe. Better posting will surely require 700+ marks.
  • mitraark said:

The AAO Paper in CGL 2017 had a lot of wrongly framed questions for which all candidates wer awarded marks, i think there were a total of 18 of them ( so everyone got 36 extra marks ) This might cause the AAO cutoff to go higher than previous year. Try to get 670+ overall post Tier 3 out of 900 to be safe. Better posting will surely require 700+ marks.

Agree. Cut off will shoot high for AAO.

• edited June 2018
    Hey guys! I am new to this conversation.
    My AAO total comes out to be 613. Do I stand a chance? last year T3 me 73 the.

bdw, are AAO vacancies out yet? that will be another deciding factor for cut-off, won't it be? SSC ne jo karamat kiye h revised ans key me usse yahi lagta h that cut-off will definitely inc.

TIA :)
    taking steps is easy...standing still is hard
  • bourne said:

bdw, are AAO vacancies out yet? that will be another deciding factor for cut-off, won't it be? SSC ne jo karamat kiye h revised ans key me usse yahi lagta h that cut-off will definitely inc.

Bro Please give some tips for tier 3....you had excellent marks in tier 3.....did you write in point format....or used quotations....did you use simple English or flowery one....any other tips....It is my first tryst with SSC.... So I am clueless.....Regarding your query with 613 marks and considering your previous year marks in tier 3....You will definitely get AAO despite lesser seats @bourne
  • edited June 2018
    mimansa said:

bourne said:

Bro Please give some tips for tier 3....you had excellent marks in tier 3.....did you write in point format....or used quotations....did you use simple English or flowery one....any other tips....It is my first tryst with SSC.... So I am clueless.....Regarding your query with 613 marks and considering your previous year marks in tier 3....You will definitely get AAO despite lesser seats @bourne
    thanx mate :)
    I used very simple language. be succinct. stick to the topic. I gave very brief intro to earthquakes. and then i straightaway began with DOs and DONTs. couldnt recall much of the points at the time tho.and then short conclusion. I tried to conclude with a quote. and I mentioned gujrat and nepal earthquakes too smwhere in the body.
    also a good handwriting fetches you brownie points. well, so I have heard. i am blessed. if writing isnt ur strong point atleast try to be clear. stick to word limit. I realised i had exceeded word limit and scratched off some 20 words - 4lines in the end. avoid messing up. this definitely costed me 2-3 marks i guess.
  • bourne said:

mimansa said:

bourne said:

I used very simple language. be succinct. stick to the topic. I gave very brief intro to earthquakes. and then i straightaway began with DOs and DONTs. couldnt recall much of the points at the time tho.and then short conclusion. I tried to conclude with a quote. and I mentioned gujrat and nepal earthquakes too smwhere in the body.
    also a good handwriting fetches you brownie points. well, so I have heard. i am blessed. if writing isnt ur strong point atleast try to be clear. stick to word limit. I realised i had exceeded word limit and scratched off some 20 words - 4lines in the end. avoid messing up. this definitely costed me 2-3 marks i guess.
    bourne said:

mimansa said:

bourne said:

Thanks bro for your detailed and insightful reply.
  • edited June 2018
    mimansa said:

bourne said:

mimansa said:

bourne said:

bourne said:

mimansa said:

bourne said:

Thanks bro for your detailed and insightful reply.
    :) :) :)
  • edited June 2018
    bourne said:

mimansa said:

bourne said:

Wow !! Kranti !!
    Let The Mind Games Begin
  • bourne said:

mimansa said:

bourne said:

Wow !! Kranti !!
    yahan pe bhi active ho? waah!
  • mimansa said:

Kaise Ho Bittu Saab.....??
    Let The Mind Games Begin
  • bourne said:

bourne said:

mimansa said:

bourne said:

Wow !! Kranti !!
    yahan pe bhi active ho? waah!
    Jaha Chah Waha Raah !!
    Let The Mind Games Begin
  • If your first priority is upsc, it's better to target for other posts.
    Career wise, the post of aao is very good. But it can be a bit hectic if you are new to the post. Moreover, you'll have to clear an exam on completion of your probation. Though the exam is not tough, but it ain't a piece of cake either.

Haan aisa nahi hai ki ek baar me exam clear nahi hua SAS wala to demote kar denge. You'll get enough chances to clear. Around 7-8 years minimum.
    Slow and steady ain't enough. You gotta be Fast & Furious.
  • edited June 2018
    Anyone here targeting SSC aao for 2018?
  • 592 with aao
    482 without aao
    What posts can I expect from this SSC CGL.
    General category.
  • 592 with aao
    482 without aao
    General category.

you can surely get TOP POSTS if you get around 70 in Tier 3
  • 592 with aao
    482 without aao
    General category.

CSS and Excise are in the range. B)

• How to score maximum in tier 3? Haven't written it before .
    Anyone here who scored 70+ last year please give insights into it.
  • How to score maximum in tier 3? Haven't written it before .
    Anyone here who scored 70+ last year please give insights into it.

Credits : @bourne

PS : i too had appeared and wrote the same way as has been told by Bourne above and had scored 70+.

• Mitron, Tier 3 kaisa hua tha?
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google