ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Optional Subject Selection

Hello to everyone,
I did my graduation in engineering and am thinking of preparing for UPSC now. Please can anyone let me know if I can pick English Literature as my optional subject for Mains. I think earlier in 2013 there was some rule that only English literature graduates can take this subject as optional. I hear that rule has been dropped now.
Can anyone please confirm that for me?
Thank you so much in advance. :)

Comments

• You can pick it. No restrictions from upsc's side. Can ask @DrKingSchultz sir for more. His optional is english literature.
    संशयात्मा विनश्यति
  • No restrictions.. you can take any
    5th attempt
    Prelims score- 234/116/133/108/?
    Mains score-662/667/782/785
  • Sanskrit ...
  • Tabahi said:

Sanskrit ...

Aaj bde Dino baad dikhe h yha aap
    संशयात्मा विनश्यति
  • Select 2 or 3 subjeacts in which you have interest or you want to take. after that Check the syallabus and previous year mains questions of that subject then u can find out your interest which will help u in study. U must findout yr interest.
  • edited June 10
    Koi bhi subject le lo.. GS aur ethics mein toh log Katwaa hi lete apna
  • there was no such rule ever..pick any subject u like
    Prelims 2019: The time starts now !

https://chromeias.com/civil-services-prelims-focus-group-cs-pfg/

Entrance Exam on 28th Nov.
  • I would suggest to choose relevant optional, keeping in mind the tentative upsc reforms (baswan committee) !
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog