MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

MAINS 2018 Preparation + Paper Discussion Thread

edited October 1 in Official Exam Process
Clueless about how to go about mains?
Overwhelmed with the syllabus?
Let's help each other out regarding what to read, how to read, tips, guidance ,resources, best practices and so on
sayonara

Comments

• optional ???
    i can and i will
  • insights secure/ mains marathon kese krna he
    i went through 10 pages of mains marathon compilation but the answers felt kind of incomplete, dispersed and some time too specific for mains.
    are we supposed to read whole of the answer or just salvage important points?
    sayonara
  • Sarrina said:

optional ???

psir
    sayonara
  • First read basic of each topic make short notes then add extra from insights secure or vision or newspaper ...go topic wise
    i can and i will
  • If someone with economics as optional ...???
    i can and i will
  • Sarrina said:

First read basic of each topic make short notes then add extra from insights secure or vision or newspaper ...go topic wise

thnks, feeling dissonance after reading these compilations
    will go topic wise instead
    sayonara
  • If anybody has insight secure compilation. .plz upload. .thanks
  • :)
    i can and i will
  • Anybody has Vision ias mains model answers 2018
  • What's the status of your optional @Lt_Mamiya
  • Sarrina said:

First read basic of each topic make short notes then add extra from insights secure or vision or newspaper ...go topic wise

Notes of each n every topic mentioned in syllabus?
    संशयात्मा विनश्यति
  • sc said:

What's the status of your optional @Lt_Mamiya

i had done one reading from subra ranjan notes before pre , but due to this 3-4 month gap i cant recollect much of what i had read, feels like i'm reading psir for the first time.
    So plan is to quickly skim through those notes in the next 15 days , so as to tune my brain to psir mode. I've also planned to read a few books like how india sees the world, political theory bhargav etc I'm hoping this exercise helps me get out of rattafication mode and get into analysis mode.
    sayonara
  • Yes ....
    i can and i will
  • self notes for CA vs mains 365
    sayonara
  • i was thinking of making a thread of the same name, but found this thread has already been started. So how are you guys going about the preparation? are we going to keep any daily/weekly targets ?
    Science Baitch
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

self notes for CA vs mains 365

self notes ... i had done vision monthly for pre and i have my self notes too for mains.. no comparison. vision feels like just impt topics mentioned w/o much quality/analysis.

• Lt_Mamiya said:

self notes ... i had done vision monthly for pre and i have my self notes too for mains.. no comparison. vision feels like just impt topics mentioned w/o much quality/analysis.

You btech from Bhopal?
    Astrology ,stand up comedy
    Love to make memes,
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

Depends....
    Astrology ,stand up comedy
    Love to make memes,
  • Shubhra ma'am ka mains batch join kiya kisine? I can join only online classes
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

You btech from Bhopal?
    Nhi
  • Where to cover works history for mains ?
  • Bhai.

Utna hi padhna jitna 28 September se 30 din pehle revise kar paao..
  • lalalash said:

Where to cover works history for mains ?

Vision is good. Selective reading is the key.
    Sometimes Falling feels like Flying.
  • Where are you guys covering the GS2 topics like NGOs, SHGs, governance etc from? I have old vision pdfs from 2012ish, is that enough or something more updated is there in the market?
  • Where are you guys covering the GS2 topics like NGOs, SHGs, governance etc from? I have old vision pdfs from 2012ish, is that enough or something more updated is there in the market?

Is topic par Yojna ke kuch issues the.. Search them. Unse achha source kuch nahi ho sakta

Vision booklets related to these arent really helpful
    Better cover from the current affairs topics as and when you come across. Any way direct questions won't be asked

Also don't ever think about using Vajiram yellow books
    Most useless
  • Sit with syllabus. Jot down the key words. Collate data and definitions. Make a concise notes for each paper not exceeding 100 pages. Man u should be data and examples ready to use it readily in exam hall.The one who convinces the evaluator better will get good marks. Remember in mains u have to communicate with evaluator he is not an aspirant preparing 24*7. He will not be having knowledge like u. So ur answers should convince him who is a layman.
    Sabka maalik domino
  • domino said:

Sit with syllabus. Jot down the key words. Collate data and definitions. Make a concise notes for each paper not exceeding 100 pages. Man u should be data and examples ready to use it readily in exam hall.The one who convinces the evaluator better will get good marks. Remember in mains u have to communicate with evaluator he is not an aspirant preparing 24*7. He will not be having knowledge like u. So ur answers should convince him who is a layman.

True indeed....!!
    Please guide for world history..?
    Nigahen nichi rakhte hai bulandi ke nishan waale,
    Utha Kar sar nahi chalte jamin par aasma waale...!!!
    Tarfa Qureshi
  • edited June 11
    Anyone doing daily writing practice and evaluation?
  • domino said:

Sit with syllabus. Jot down the key words. Collate data and definitions. Make a concise notes for each paper not exceeding 100 pages. Man u should be data and examples ready to use it readily in exam hall.The one who convinces the evaluator better will get good marks. Remember in mains u have to communicate with evaluator he is not an aspirant preparing 24*7. He will not be having knowledge like u. So ur answers should convince him who is a layman.

True indeed....!!
    Please guide for world history..?
    Read world history ncert by arjun dev. Collect past year history optional paper to look at whats important in world history. Don't read norman lowe its waste of time and u will not be able to recall it.
    Sabka maalik domino
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog