Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

[OPEN TEST] ForumIAS All India Simulator Test -X- 24 May | Online | Offline | Register Immediately

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Haze said:

what about that Inter state water tribunal question
    statement 1 seems wrong ( its binding only if published in gazette , and most of times its not thats why cases end up in SC)
    "The law clearly says that it would be binding if it is published in gazette..

Moreover it is simliar to saying that bill passed by lok sabha and rajya sabaha will be law..

But its not because presidents assent is equally imp."

statement 1 seems wrong ( its binding only if published in gazette , and most of times its not thats why cases end up in SC)

Moreover it is simliar to saying that bill passed by lok sabha and rajya sabaha will be law..

Cauvery tribunal verdict was delibered in 2007,was binding, published in gazette in 2013. Challenged in SC under article 136,which is the arbitrary special leavr petition. Nothing to do with how binding it is
    as far as my understanding goes , the statement 1 is incomplete ( given the example of president above)

image.png
    1134 x 124 - 35K
    aaz.PNG
    1139 x 234 - 44K
    HUSTLE
  • edited May 2018
    Well, I had planned to write it online this afternoon but couldn't somehow- having already registered for it yesterday.
    Is there no way now (extended window) to write it online now? @root @Neyawn @DrKingSchultz

Or can anyone, kindly, share the Question cum answer pdf of it?
    :'( :'( :'(
  • Haze said:

Cauvery tribunal verdict was delibered in 2007,was binding, published in gazette in 2013. Challenged in SC under article 136,which is the arbitrary special leavr petition. Nothing to do with how binding it is
    as far as my understanding goes , the statement 1 is incomplete ( given the example of president above)

@ForumIAS what about that Inter state water tribunal question
    statement 1 seems wrong ( its binding only if published in gazette , and most of times its not thats why cases end up in courts)

HUSTLE
  • As per detailed analysis being shown in the account ,highest marks are in 170s and top50% are getting 136 on avg. Is it an error or people have really scored such marks? When would consolidated rank list be released?
  • Q14. Pesticides have drastic effect on non-target species. Is it true??
    At the end of the road, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets
  • edited May 2018
    Exile said:

Q14. Pesticides have drastic effect on non-target species. Is it true??

Drastic is false..
    It may not have drastic effect on pests itsef
    An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
  • Ashwameda said:

Exile said:

Q14. Pesticides have drastic effect on non-target species. Is it true??

Drastic is false..
    It may not have drastic effect on pests itsef
    I thought so too. What about the Brahmaputra question?
  • As per detailed analysis being shown in the account ,highest marks are in 170s and top50% are getting 136 on avg. Is it an error or people have really scored such marks? When would consolidated rank list be released?

I also think that it is some mistake...
  • edited May 2018
  • yar ye forum walo ne Online Open test close kar diya hai kya???? it says "exam ended" !!

bhai ye detailed analysis kahan hai?
    A saint is a sinner who never gave up.
  • Mai exam hall mai sare ambiguos samaj jata hun .do option rakhta hun last mai final decision ke liye lekin last mai jo lagata hun 90% galat ho jate hai .thinking process mai locha hai sayad kuch .ambiguity hatake sahi laga muje to question paper .aisi ambiguity to upsc mai bhi hoti hai bhai log thoda margin leke chalna jo accuracy approach wale hai .hum to maximise wale hai ambigiuty aye ,2017 jaisa aye ya ,2016 jaisa karne 90 plus hi hai
    "Mitti jaise sapne kitna bhi jhado palko mai fir aajate hain"
  • SFG people are habitual to this type of papers.... Ab life me har kisi cheez pe doubt ata hai,kahi catch na ho usme
  • Hedwig said:

SFG people are habitual to this type of papers.... Ab life me har kisi cheez pe doubt ata hai,kahi catch na ho usme

vision mein bhi same problem.
    it's very dangerous.

phir 2016 mein "Thorium" waale cases huey they aisa hoga in another 3-4 questions this time.
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 6*; Mains - 3; Interviews - 2; Rank - NA.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • Mid night ho gaya na, kaha hai consolidated mark list.
    Kitne paani meih hai dikhe toh.
  • Hedwig said:

SFG people are habitual to this type of papers.... Ab life me har kisi cheez pe doubt ata hai,kahi catch na ho usme

it's very dangerous.

phir 2016 mein "Thorium" waale cases huey they aisa hoga in another 3-4 questions this time.
    @DrKingSchultz doc sab how r u ? long time no see! anyways congrats for ur grand success in GPSC! btw am Prateek , we used to discuss on the forum before 2016 prelims , agar yad aye toh , most probably yad nahi ayga , anyways leave it but am happy for u :)
  • edited May 2018
    One thing that I observed about prelims is not to give a lot of mocks.. A lot of mocks deteriorate the basic decision making aptitude of candidates regarding mcqs.. Its better to revise standard text books, previous upsc questions, current affairs and have a conceptual clarity.. Mocks are helpful only for those who have problem in time management of the papers.. Solving a lot of vague and ambiguous questions may result in over-thinking even in simple and straightforward questions and marking wrong option..
    Medico...target ias
    Prelims 6, Mains 6,Interview 0
    A failed aspirant..
  • One thing that I observed about prelims is not to give a lot of mocks.. A lot of mocks deteriorate the basic decision making aptitude of candidates regarding mcqs.. Its better to revise standard text books, previous upsc questions, current affairs and have a conceptual clearity.. Mocks are helpful only for those who have problem in time management of the papers.. Solving a lot of vague and ambiguous questions may result in over-thinking even in simple and straightforward questions and marking wrong option..

And sloving lot of easy questions make us casual .last days should be dedicated to upsc past year papers to synchronize our thinking with upsc mindset .
    "Mitti jaise sapne kitna bhi jhado palko mai fir aajate hain"
  • Hedwig said:

it's very dangerous.

I guess now solving previous papers again is the only solution to this bimari.....all test series are changing my attitude towrds solving questions....none is close to how statements and options framing
  • Panku said:

One thing that I observed about prelims is not to give a lot of mocks.. A lot of mocks deteriorate the basic decision making aptitude of candidates regarding mcqs.. Its better to revise standard text books, previous upsc questions, current affairs and have a conceptual clarity.. Mocks are helpful only for those who have problem in time management of the papers.. Solving a lot of vague and ambiguous questions may result in over-thinking even in simple and straightforward questions and marking wrong option..

And sloving lot of easy questions make us casual .last days should be dedicated to upsc past year papers to synchronize our thinking with upsc mindset .
    Absolutely..
    Medico...target ias
    Prelims 6, Mains 6,Interview 0
    A failed aspirant..
  • edited May 2018

I understood this long back. The difference between mocks n upsc pre. Didn't give many in the last 3 years. Attempted free mocks of vision every year that too 2/3 papers. There is a considerable difference between both upsc n these mocks. I never scored above 100 in free mocks but ended up scoring 140,145,132 in last 3 years in upsc. So whoever is scoring less don't mind them.
    In this paper I got 95.
    Fun fact - just before 2015 pre I attempted gk today gs paper scored in 60s.. I was so depressed that i had to immediately solve one more paper to be sure of myself that it was an aberration. But ended scoring in 50s.
    Only benefit from these mocks is to identify current issues which we might have missed. Except that don't take them seriously.

bhai ye detailed analysis kahan hai?
    Check in your portal open test 24 may

• Exile said:
    If the rise can be attributed to demand-side factors, it is not necessarily adverse for economic activity or financial markets.

This statement is directly taken from the article.
  • Lol. The comments.
    This is the time for revision, you will get a few questions correct by revising more and more now, and not by solving more and more coaching mocks.
    Try solving UPSC papers again and again, there is no substitute for it.
  • got 69.3 in dis mock
    2017 pre - 136.66
    2016 pre - 132
    Pre : 4. Mains : 2. Interview : 0.
    Public administration.
  • pizzza said:

Lol. The comments.
    This is the time for revision, you will get a few questions correct by revising more and more now, and not by solving more and more coaching mocks.
    Try solving UPSC papers again and again, there is no substitute for it.

+1
    An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
  • One thing that I observed about prelims is not to give a lot of mocks.. A lot of mocks deteriorate the basic decision making aptitude of candidates regarding mcqs.. Its better to revise standard text books, previous upsc questions, current affairs and have a conceptual clarity.. Mocks are helpful only for those who have problem in time management of the papers.. Solving a lot of vague and ambiguous questions may result in over-thinking even in simple and straightforward questions and marking wrong option..

I understood this long back. The difference between mocks n upsc pre. Didn't give many in the last 3 years. Attempted free mocks of vision every year that too 2/3 papers. There is a considerable difference between both upsc n these mocks. I never scored above 100 in free mocks but ended up scoring 140,145,132 in last 3 years in upsc. So whoever is scoring less don't mind them.
    In this paper I got 95.
    Fun fact - just before 2015 pre I attempted gk today gs paper scored in 60s.. I was so depressed that i had to immediately solve one more paper to be sure of myself that it was an aberration. But ended scoring in 50s.
    Only benefit from these mocks is to identify current issues which we might have missed. Except that don't take them seriously.
    The single most important use of these mocks. No matter how much current affairs one covers, there will always be topics one may not have gone through. Definitely helps in covering some extra topics.
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
  • @ForumIAS @Neyawn When are the detailed explainations expected??
  • Guys question 75 .....isnt virupaksha temple built by chalukyas? Though vijaynagar added some elements but tamilnadu ncert says it was built by chalukyas
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly