Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Click Here to Subscribe for the classes.
Classes to be held every Monday and Tuesday, 5 PM. 

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

[OPEN TEST] ForumIAS All India Simulator Test -X- 24 May | Online | Offline | Register Immediately

1246789

Comments

  • Poona Pact was signed between B.R. Ambedkar and Madan Mohan Malviya on behalf of depressed classes and "Gandhi" respectively.

    Did Malviya represented Gandhi or congress ??
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

    1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

    2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

    Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)

    1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

    2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

    Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)

    FRs art -22, man i knew this that states cant make for security of country but can for state still mafde wrong judgement...chit chit!!
    Same man, shit happens. Better to happen now than on 3rd though!

    Any idea about Lokpal statement 3?
    Even I marked 4. It should be CBI , not any agency. Word any is ambiguous.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • Poona Pact was signed between B.R. Ambedkar and Madan Mohan Malviya on behalf of depressed classes and "Gandhi" respectively.

    Did Malviya represented Gandhi or congress ??

    Gandhi
    BLOOD, SWEAT, COURAGE, GLORY.
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

    1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

    2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

    Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)

    1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

    2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

    Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)

    FRs art -22, man i knew this that states cant make for security of country but can for state still mafde wrong judgement...chit chit!!
    Same man, shit happens. Better to happen now than on 3rd though!

    Any idea about Lokpal statement 3?
    Even I marked 4. It should be CBI , not any agency. Word any is ambiguous.
    Institutions which are “financed” fully or partly by government have been retained under the jurisdiction of Lokpal, but the institutions “aided” by government have been excluded. This has ensured that the Lokpal is not clogged with complaints relating to small institutions such as schools, societies, etc. which are aided by government in one form or the other, thus leaving the Lokpal free to handle big ticket corruption cases more effectively.

    http://www.pib.nic.in/newsite/erelcontent.aspx?relid=102096
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

    1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

    2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

    Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)

    1. Both the Parliament and the state legislatures can concurrently make a law of preventive detention for the security of India.

    2. The Constitution has not specified the maximum period for which a person can be detained in any classes of cases under a preventive detention law.

    Which chapter of Laxmi can I find this ? I thought both could make cause states like Maha have their own PDAs, while 3 month time limit exists( which might be provided by law and not in consti)

    FRs art -22, man i knew this that states cant make for security of country but can for state still mafde wrong judgement...chit chit!!
    Same man, shit happens. Better to happen now than on 3rd though!

    Any idea about Lokpal statement 3?
    Even I marked 4. It should be CBI , not any agency. Word any is ambiguous.
    Lokpal will have power of superintendence and direction over any investigation agency including CBI for cases referred to them by Lokpal.

    http://www.pib.nic.in/newsite/erelcontent.aspx?relid=102096
  • edited May 2018
    rahulsri said:

    Ant_Man said:

    Ant_Man said:

    Regarding the NABH Nirman scheme, which of the following statements is/are correct?

    1. It aims to expand airport capacity by more than five times to handle a billion trips in a year.
    2. It is a fully funded scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
    Choose the correct answer using the codes given below:
    a 1 only
    b 2 only
    c Both 1 and 2
    d Neither 1 nor 2

    Correct Answer : a
    Your Answer : d

    Source : bussiness line
    The Finance Minister is seeking to provide a big push to the country's civil aviation sector, aiming at five-fold growth in passenger traffic to a billion trips a year.

    if you intentionally make wordings ambiguous like this, there is no point in givings such mocks! not only this question there were several more.

    for example : dominion status one.. how is irwin the answer? :sweat:

    I dont understand what is wrong here. Second option is wrong, as it is under PPP
    I'm saying answer should be D ..what I was trying to convey was that questions have been made unnecessarily complicated.

    How is cabinet more well defined in constitution than presidents rule ?

    Something is wrong in today's paper.. Last mock was excellent in standard or question and solution. Today it feels like it was done in a hurried manner!
    The term 'President's rule' isn't mentioned in constitution. It is emergency under article 356, popularly known as presi rule. Neither are the terms judicial review nor others are defined. So cabinet was the most appropriate option.
    Dammit ! Thanks dunno how that slipped my mind but I dunno cabinet can be considered as well defined
    | History Optional |
  • cabinet is defined though not in much detial
    sayonara
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

    cabinet is defined though not in much detial

    Defines as what?
  • Impact of temperature and rainfall is largely felt only in the extremes - when temperatures are much higher and, rainfall significantly lower than normal.

    was this statement lifted verbatim from Economic Survey? If not, this is wrong. Rainfall many not be significantly lower than normal but becomes unseasonal or concentrated over a few days rather than being well distributed.
  • "It spreads over the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Sikkim."


    This is not River Brahmaputra. Its Brahmaputra River-System. The river itself flows only in Arunachal and Assam in India. Phew.
  • "For certain specified Goods, the eway bill needs to be generated mandatorily even if the Value of the consignment of Goods is less than Rs. 50,000:

    Inter-State movement of Goods by the Principal to the Job-worker by Principal/ registered Job-worker***,
    Inter-State Transport of Handicraft goods by a dealer exempted from GST registration"


    https://cleartax.in/s/eway-bill-gst-rules-compliance
  • Vikram89C said:

    Impact of temperature and rainfall is largely felt only in the extremes - when temperatures are much higher and, rainfall significantly lower than normal.

    was this statement lifted verbatim from Economic Survey? If not, this is wrong. Rainfall many not be significantly lower than normal but becomes unseasonal or concentrated over a few days rather than being well distributed.

    Econ survey
  • @ForumIAS the open test u conducted has no standards. Sorry to say, but most of us are already under pressure to do well in the upcoming prelims and with such a paper wherein u give weird statements/absurd solutions will only worsen our confidence. This was something ppl didn't expect. Atleast,I didn't. I scored bad. I know tests are just for learning n should be a learning process, but as a human we all do feel bad based on our performance.
    Kindly see that the explanations rectify any error in the solution/question.
  • Which one of the following statements regarding the river Brahmaputra is not correct?

    a It spreads over countries of China, Bhutan, India and Bangladesh.
    b It spreads over the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Sikkim.
    c Lohit, Dibang, Subansiri, Jiabharali, Dhansiri, Manas and Teesta are the principal right bank tributaries of the river.
    d While the South bank tributaries are flashy and have steep slopes, the North bank tributaries have deep meandering channels and fine alluvial soils.

    is framing of this question ambiguous, because more than one answer seems correct, as the question asks "incorrect."

    Bhai dhansiri is left bank tributary. Wrong question
  • Vikram89C said:

    Impact of temperature and rainfall is largely felt only in the extremes - when temperatures are much higher and, rainfall significantly lower than normal.

    was this statement lifted verbatim from Economic Survey? If not, this is wrong. Rainfall many not be significantly lower than normal but becomes unseasonal or concentrated over a few days rather than being well distributed.

    Econ survey
    statement without context may have different meaning
  • ScareCrow said:

    Ant_Man said:

    rahulsri said:

    Ant_Man said:

    Regarding the NABH Nirman scheme, which of the following statements is/are correct?

    1. It aims to expand airport capacity by more than five times to handle a billion trips in a year.
    2. It is a fully funded scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
    Choose the correct answer using the codes given below:
    a 1 only
    b 2 only
    c Both 1 and 2
    d Neither 1 nor 2

    Correct Answer : a
    Your Answer : d

    Source : bussiness line
    The Finance Minister is seeking to provide a big push to the country's civil aviation sector, aiming at five-fold growth in passenger traffic to a billion trips a year.

    if you intentionally make wordings ambiguous like this, there is no point in givings such mocks! not only this question there were several more.

    for example : dominion status one.. how is irwin the answer? :sweat:

    The answer is Lord Irwin indeed. "Deepavali declaration"
    Ye kahan se aagya bhai ! Deepavali DEC !
    Lord Irwin did inforally made a promise for dominion status but angrezo ki sun k fat gayi and he retracted..
    Yes so it can't be counted. August Offer was the first official acceptance of principle of Dominion Status.
    Deepavali declaration was the first official statement that india would be granted dominion status after 1st RTC. Yet, it was withdrawn later.
    Official statements can be retracted
    You know what they say
  • rahulsri said:

    rahulsri said:

    Ant_Man said:

    Ant_Man said:

    Regarding the NABH Nirman scheme, which of the following statements is/are correct?

    1. It aims to expand airport capacity by more than five times to handle a billion trips in a year.
    2. It is a fully funded scheme of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
    Choose the correct answer using the codes given below:
    a 1 only
    b 2 only
    c Both 1 and 2
    d Neither 1 nor 2

    Correct Answer : a
    Your Answer : d

    Source : bussiness line
    The Finance Minister is seeking to provide a big push to the country's civil aviation sector, aiming at five-fold growth in passenger traffic to a billion trips a year.

    if you intentionally make wordings ambiguous like this, there is no point in givings such mocks! not only this question there were several more.

    for example : dominion status one.. how is irwin the answer? :sweat:

    I dont understand what is wrong here. Second option is wrong, as it is under PPP
    I'm saying answer should be D ..what I was trying to convey was that questions have been made unnecessarily complicated.

    How is cabinet more well defined in constitution than presidents rule ?

    Something is wrong in today's paper.. Last mock was excellent in standard or question and solution. Today it feels like it was done in a hurried manner!
    The term 'President's rule' isn't mentioned in constitution. It is emergency under article 356, popularly known as presi rule. Neither are the terms judicial review nor others are defined. So cabinet was the most appropriate option.
    Also that state flag question, Karnataka also has a state flag so that seems wrong to me.
    If they would have added the word officially, things would have been different. But I guess the paper setter was too casual
    You know what they say
  • edited May 2018

    Found SMA question wrong too :/ it should be 2 only I guess..

    yes you are right... it should have been 2 only because SMA 0 account means stressed assets for 1 to 30 days. Attached image shows how RBI defines SMAs.

    Screenshot_20180525-080646.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 317K
    Attempt # 4 | 1st attempt with PSIR optional | Previous attempts with statistics optional | RBI Grade B Officer
  • Just who the fuck did forum get to set the paper? He/she should apologize for wasting people's time and fouling their moods
  • Vikram89C said:

    Lt_Mamiya said:

    cabinet is defined though not in much detial

    Defines as what?
    "The President shall not issue a Proclamation under clause (I) or a Proclamation varying such Proclamation unless the decision of the Union Cabinet (that is to say, the Council consisting of the Prime Minister and other Ministers of Cabinet rank under Article 75) that such a Proclamation may be issued has been communicated to him in writing"
    https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1276323/
    sayonara
  • After some brilliant simulator tests, now this ?

    Why so much difference between paid and free tests, @ForumIAS ?
  • Just who the fuck did forum get to set the paper? He/she should apologize for wasting people's time and fouling their moods

    Agree.
  • edited May 2018
    110.67. 65C29W
    Good paper. Tightly knit options.
    A few mistakes.
    Missed out on a few sitters because haven't revised spectrum yet.
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 6*; Mains - 3; Interviews - 2; Rank - NA.
    "Apna Time Aayega"
  • anjus said:

    Just who the fuck did forum get to set the paper? He/she should apologize for wasting people's time and fouling their moods

    Agree.
    Too harsh..but have to agree. Quality of 1st simulator was way above it.
    है अँधेरी रात पर दीपक जलाना कब मना है
  • Consider the following statement regarding Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP)

    1. It is an initiative of Ministry of Women and Child development

    2. The major objective of the scheme is Prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination

    3. The scheme had been expanded from the existing 161 to 640 districts of the country

    4. The scheme has a provision of individual cash transfer component by Govt. of India

    Select the correct codes from below
    a 1, 2 and 4 only
    b 2 and 3 only
    c 1, 2 and 3 only
    d 1, 2, 3 and 4

    As per the key, correct answer is (b). What's wrong with statement 1 ?
  • asavthama said:

    Consider the following statement regarding Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP)

    1. It is an initiative of Ministry of Women and Child development

    2. The major objective of the scheme is Prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination

    3. The scheme had been expanded from the existing 161 to 640 districts of the country

    4. The scheme has a provision of individual cash transfer component by Govt. of India

    Select the correct codes from below
    a 1, 2 and 4 only
    b 2 and 3 only
    c 1, 2 and 3 only
    d 1, 2, 3 and 4

    As per the key, correct answer is (b). What's wrong with statement 1 ?

    It is tri-ministerial effort- wcd,mhrd,health. but the question is vaguely framed.
    है अँधेरी रात पर दीपक जलाना कब मना है
  • edited May 2018

    asavthama said:

    Consider the following statement regarding Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP)

    1. It is an initiative of Ministry of Women and Child development

    2. The major objective of the scheme is Prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination

    3. The scheme had been expanded from the existing 161 to 640 districts of the country

    4. The scheme has a provision of individual cash transfer component by Govt. of India

    Select the correct codes from below
    a 1, 2 and 4 only
    b 2 and 3 only
    c 1, 2 and 3 only
    d 1, 2, 3 and 4

    As per the key, correct answer is (b). What's wrong with statement 1 ?

    It is tri-ministerial effort- wcd,mhrd,health. but the question is vaguely framed.
    unless they have written "only by MoWCD" in the statement 1, i think statement 1 should be considered as correct.
  • There is a Virupaksha temple also at Pattadakal built by Chalukyas
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattadakal#Virupaksha_Temple
  • Gave it offline and haven't seen answers yet, but from what I can gather at least 5-6 answers seem wrong/ vague/ ambiguous. Setting such a paper hardly 10 days before the prelims wasn't expected from you guys.
  • asavthama said:

    asavthama said:

    Consider the following statement regarding Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP)

    1. It is an initiative of Ministry of Women and Child development

    2. The major objective of the scheme is Prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination

    3. The scheme had been expanded from the existing 161 to 640 districts of the country

    4. The scheme has a provision of individual cash transfer component by Govt. of India

    Select the correct codes from below
    a 1, 2 and 4 only
    b 2 and 3 only
    c 1, 2 and 3 only
    d 1, 2, 3 and 4

    As per the key, correct answer is (b). What's wrong with statement 1 ?

    It is tri-ministerial effort- wcd,mhrd,health. but the question is vaguely framed.
    unless they have written "only by MoWCD" in the statement 1, i think statement 1 should be considered as correct.
    I guess the nodal ministry is WCD only, supported by other 2 ministries...1st statement is tricky, whatever way you look at it

Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google


Factly